It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oct 24th-28th Window for Doom Thread (Updated by the Minute)

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
reply to post by Sliadon

I don't think one can be considered silly for speculating at possibilities. To me the opposite is true, those that refuse to speculate at possibilities even based on theories are trapped in ideology of the world in which they think they live. When something happens they will say, "Nobody could have known or thought about this." Because in their mind the possibility never existed with concrete facts.

there is a difference between speculating and hoping.

i know, you know that most everyone in this section is actually "hoping" something goes wrong. there is a sentimental value at stake here, psychologically speaking.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
jta.org...
Syria "believes the Israeli security forces' invasion of Al-Aksa was part of Israel's scheme to Judaize Jerusalem and destroy the mosque

I think this event hs the potential to be our culprit... it is very novel, as they have been fighting over the temple mount for hundreds of years..

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I have just found some that thinks today is not that good.
www.telegraph.co.uk...
There is still some days left yet just thank yourself lucky that nothing has happend and try not to take it too serious and enjoy life.

THANKYOU

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I was just looking at the timewave and it looks like the shift doesnt occur until this evening US time, so while im not hoping for doom I dont think this date is debunked yet.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
jta.org...
Syria "believes the Israeli security forces' invasion of Al-Aksa was part of Israel's scheme to Judaize Jerusalem and destroy the mosque

I think this event hs the potential to be our culprit... it is very novel, as they have been fighting over the temple mount for hundreds of years..

I think you are absolutely right. We saw the swine flu coming, and the market crash generally.. this sort of popped up.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I know the skeptics won't appreciate the following idea, while the more paranoid of us will have an excuse to drag this thread on indefinitely... but as I see it, a change in novelty or crisis could happen behind doors, through subterfuge, it could the trigger for a natural event or war, or simply be a decision that is made. Regardless of what it is, the critical event might have occurred, be occurring, or soon occur, and its effects do not have to manifest or become publicized instantly. If you want to get crazy with this, the fricking Antichrist could have been born or the mother could be in labor right now. The idea of a "change in novelty" is too vague to test because even if nothing dramatic happens, it could always be chalked up to the "novelty event" simply not being public or recognized "yet".

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by iabductaliens

Yeah it's always easy to look 'backwards' at TWZ, Nostradamus, etc and find novelty.

But at least ATS has been more exciting lately!

Where's Blossom Goodchild when you need her?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It's happened...OMG...Right here in Dallas....THE SKY IS FALLING....Oh wait, never mind...it's just the rain.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Gig 'em!

[edit on 10/26/09 by emsed1]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
So did ANYTHING happen yet?

What are you guys on? Can I have some?

[edit on 26-10-2009 by RoyalCanadian]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
www.infowars.com...
Bosnia on the brink of a new civil war

Senior European and US officials have called an emergency meeting in Sarajevo on Tuesday to meet the country’s leaders to find a solution.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Found this, just thought id share it here

Up until the day Lehman Brothers collapsed in September of last year, it took the Fed 5,012 days — 13 years and 8 months — to double the cash currency and reserves in the coffers of U.S. banks.

In contrast, after the Lehman Brothers collapse, it took Bernanke’s Fed only 112 days to double the size of those reserves.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Kids,

None of the news today/yesterday had been outside of the usual. Yes: violence, war, pestilence and famine. Ok, throw in an earthquake or two and you have a prophecy. Ya know what? I bet, 200 years from now, the SAME prediction can be made. TWZ and Webbot are... well, a crock.

Skepticism aside, some prophecy is quite real. If you can tell me a DATE and TIME of an event and it comes true, then you win (in an epic manner). So far, vague generalities dominate. Let's use our heads, kids.

Look up Barnum Questions and the like. They are illusions meant to make you think a charlatan is a clairvoyant. This is analogous to these McProphesies.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b75e4a74c0a2.png[/atsimg]

Hmm.... day ain't over yet folks.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

So, wait... are we HOPING for something bad to happen?

Not necessarily addressed at the quote, but, it would seem that the telos of this thread is chaos and disaster... and we are trying to find it?

Is it just me or is that a tad... sick? Shouldn't we be hoping that these prophecy... or, this "convergence of doom" is a load of foolishness?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bc1d58bc7190.png[/atsimg]

seatbelts?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Could probably add that the sophos site is down before showing some major actions from the sun, could the end of Knowing be coming true as we speak and if so where are the friendly aliens to say me

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Of course today is slow and Unproductive. Does anyone else remember how slow everything was on 9/11.
Everyone was lagging behind. And they had good reason.
They just didn't know why.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Iago18

Yeah, it does have some sickling qualities about it to be honest and i confess to to be one of those that are secretly looking out for it for some unexplainable reason.

It may have to do with the big sword of Damocles hanging over us for a long while, at some point people are just sick of the suspence and want it to fall so they can start building again.

It was never a question of 'if' but 'when' the social economical structure would disolve/implode.

Something like that.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by Harman]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Here's the pic of TWZ for today. Still calling for something around 6pm but I don't know what time zone??

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e1bc2019bbb.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 10/26/09 by emsed1]

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join