It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E Trade, Scottrade, Td Ameriatrade Down

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Almost every week it seems my Wellsfargo and CU online banking goes down for repairs of some kind.. always on a Sunday morning. Debit cards work fine, atms work fine, just cannot use online banking for a while.

I've never once logged on to etrade on a Sunday morning lol. So, its a good time to do some maintanance, no?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
"Oh yeah, my bank (Chase) seems to be fine as well."

Oh yeah, as fine as some of the biggest crooks of this and last century can be...
Sorry, I just hate that bank. Cheers

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Lost my ATS cherry only a few wee hours ago and now want MORE!!!

I'm in Italy, and just checked... Western Union AND MoneyGram appear to be down!

I only looked - just to see - after reading this post, didn't honestly imagine to find anything interesting. Just goes to show.

Boy, am I glad I haven't used a bank for the last 4 years...

Good luck everyone who relies on the banking system.

Time to head for the hills no?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by shrike071

I checked your thread. It does make sense. Too much to be a coincidence. How easily people are swayed in to thinking the recession is over. Even Bloomberg reported it was over this morning. It will take 4 to 5 years and things are expected to get worse before better. Your mention of the emergency is also no coincidence.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
TD Ameritrade
Scotia Bank and CIBC all working fine.

My credit card website works fine as well.

False alarm on the OP's part

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by northof8
reply to post by Hemisphere

I went ahead and edited my original post.... You now get free beer in my fictional turn of events for next week. Of course you will have to fight your way to my house to get it....

Thanks northof8, you're a stand-up guy.
Icy cold and something Octoberfest would be great! Have you ever had Leinenkugel’s? I have seriously read what you've been posting and take it all to heart. So please excuse my gallows humor it keeps me on an even keel. You don’t want to be listing to port WTSHTF!

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
City of Memphis Credit Union is still working and has been all weekend

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The rumor in the FOREX is that the FED is running an RRP, also known as a repo. The FED will essentially drain the cash from the system and the banks will bid on setting interest rates on t-bills to get the mula back.

I don't know if it's related, but it may be that bit of info needed...

Veritas Lux Mea

V

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
This does seem curious.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Add a local Pennsylvania Bank to the list.....

Citizens & Northern

www.cnbankpa.com...

This banner is at the top of their page:

"Internet Banking will be unavailable from 8:00 PM on Saturday, October 24th through 8:00 AM on Sunday, October 25th so that we may perform system maintenance."

Citizens & Northern is just a local northern PA bank. Odd.

[edit on 10/25/2009 by MadDogtheHunter]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Magoo

I personally only use a bank for a repository to use a Visa Check card. I deposit the exact amount I may need for an online purchase, then my card is empty once again. Thats a pretty safe way to utilize a bank for my occasional needs.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Last week I noticed my SMALL credit union began offering email alerts to transactions. I had been receiving them almost instantaneously upon using my debit card but found it odd that my saturday gas purchase didn't trigger an alert... well it did, but it didn't get sent until about an hour ago. So perhaps that would indicate my lil regional CU too was offline much of the weekend. I hope someone with real knowledge reports what this may have been all about.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
It is Monday morning, 2:14 AM...

I can get into my account, but it will not display balance, or ANY other details at all.

Here:

At this time, your detailed OneAccount recent activity is unavailable for online viewing. Note: The functions of your MHCC Mountain Card are not affected. Your MHCC Mountain Card will still function for on-campus and debit card usage.

This sucks....

And this one, under the first quoted text:

Please be aware that Higher One is actively working to make your online statement available to you as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience you experience while using the Higher One website and realize that your access to all functions of the website is important.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by LostNemesis]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Barclays Bank UK is down at the moment although I'm not too sure of the cause or whether it's localised. Are these changes anything to do with Daylight savings?

5 - Sorry - Barclays Online Banking is currently unavailable

[edit on 26/10/2009 by spitefulgod]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Maybe they're switching things over to the precious metal standard?...one can only hope...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The Barclays Story is explained here

www.theregister.co.uk...

May have been a smokescreen for an update for something

[edit on 26/10/2009 by spitefulgod]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Natwest were down on Friday or Saturday, my wife had trouble paying with her card at a cash register and getting money from an ATM so went into a branch to enquire why it was failing. They told her the entire bank would be down for several hours due to "their computers" (she's not technically minded so didn't enquire further) - that included their online banking which I checked myself to confirm.

I could figure out which day this was after I've checked some statements but it was before the 25th - whatever all these banks were doing globally it's been spread out over the course of the weekend.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mode402
Maybe they're switching things over to the precious metal standard?...one can only hope...

Silver is already over $20 and ounce on ebay.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

Had the same problem today.

It's weird

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
To those that said Point-Of-Sale Card Readers and Online Real-Time Credit Card Payment Gateways would be effected too if it were coordinated...

Well, most of the P.O.S. and Payment Gateways switched their software services on the 23rd (they actually switched them on September 19th but left a re-route in place until the 23rd to ensure no SNAFUs). This was announced in January, and 3rd Party Providers were to meet compliance by the 23rd of September or else their products would no longer function.

As to why this happened, no idea. However, I can tell you that the Servers that are contacted when you use a Payment Gateway, whether it be at your local restaurant or at Amazon.com online, it is going to a different address than it had prior to the 23rd of this month.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join