It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E Trade, Scottrade, Td Ameriatrade Down

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Add City National Bank to the list. It's down as well. And they are a very good California bank, too.

I wouldn't worry too much about this at this point. This has happened once before with many banking institutions. My online trading company, Zecco, is up and functioning now.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by robertnesta

Here in Australia, logged onto National Australia Bank and Commonwealth bank no probs

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
we went tonight at wintertime..setting the clocks back for an houre..that might be the reason????

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Very strange. The Dutch bank ING has maintenance planned for today and tomorrow but other banks appear to be working here. Are they trying to prevent a bank run?

[edit on 25-10-2009 by Nora?]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Rabo bank in holland works fine..
but its not a system bank......!

[edit on 25-10-2009 by ressiv]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I have a Scottrade account, and just checked it. No mention of any shutdown, and the site seemed to be working normally. No web messages about service warnings or anything. So.........

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
As of 10/25/09 7:19 Etrade is not down.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Bcs8484

I am a new member, and this is my first post.
Just checked my credit union's website..... Down for maintenance!!!! Dang!
(Columbia Credit Union, Washington state)

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
here in australia logged into the commonwealth bank of australia with no problems.

must be that side of the world... flu pandemic, dictatorship, amero and all. NWO

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Friends, I didn't want to muck-up this important thread, which I've already starred and flagged.

Could this be a catalyst to something MUCH bigger? Please read THIS THREAD and chime in.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Heres a rough list of some of the banks that at some point last night were down. It seems like thier back up and running normal now but it's just really weird that all these large financial institutions all were down at or around the same time last night, who knows?

Belgium KBC bank
Chase
Ameritrade
WF Investments
Barclays
Belgian bank
Sweden bank
Holland bank
ABN AMRO
ING Bank
Slovenia personal NLB
Slovenia business account
commerzbank
Wachovia
Belgium Dexia bank
German Postbank Online
hsbc
Heritage Federal CU
Etrade
Scottrade
TD
cyberbranch
Financial Horizons CU
alliance CU
USBank
Suntrust
BB and T
America First CU
tradeking
bofa
Schwab bank
Suntrust
premier
citibank
discover card
paypal

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Bcs8484

You can also add the following Canadian banks:

BMO Bank of Montreal
CIBC
National Bank of Canada

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Hello registered just to post that here at 5:15 pst BofA online banking is down till 9:00 est. Thats what it said. Had to check. Cheers

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Wow whatever happend it seemed to hit small and large banks all across America and Europe. I have no idea to what may have caused this event. Hopefully we can get some information has to what happend but that is definitely a little to optimistic.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I hate to spoil the party, but has it been considered that banks woudl co-ordinate any major upgrades or maintenance so as to avoid transactions going amiss? Just a though.

[edit on 25/10/09 by ioweagle]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
My friends husband has been saying this was going to happen for the last 6 months. Last time I checked about a month ago he said with in the next 2 months. i can't wait to talk to him later today and get his take on it.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ioweagle
I hate to spoil the party, but has it been considered that banks woudl co-ordinate any major upgrades or maintenance so as to avoid transactions going amiss? Just a though.

But what would these major updates be?
Have they done such an organized update before?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by out west

Just tried to log onto a chase account online and received the message below. 8:45 am

chaseonline.chase.com...

This website is temporarily unavailable.
We're updating this website to provide you with the best possible online experience. We're working quickly to restore access, and we encourage you to log on later today.

Thanks for your patience.

How strange for all financial online sites to be down at the same time. I've never seen it before, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened before.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ioweagle

Taken by itself, this would be an excellent observation - and it still has merit, even with everything else that is swirling around. It could very well be that they coordinate their schedules to avoid bouncing payments and whatnot...However, this would seem to only be valid if EVERY bank and port-of-transaction (I.E. - card readers at stores, gas stations and the like) were offline for the same time, which was not the case.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by shrike071]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I would think that the bailouts came with some cuts in service to the consumer, including contracting out ITS. So routine computer maintenance would be consolidated and backend work would be done at one time at the end of the month. But it is frightening to think that all those banks are vulnerable to cyberterrorism if that is the case.

Could also be that security measures were put into place because of cyberterrorism threats. We are getting close to 2010 and it's critical that everyone prepare. This could be a wake up call we needed to get our finances in the right place.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join