It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E Trade, Scottrade, Td Ameriatrade Down

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Just tried to sign into my huntington account and got

Huntington Online Banking is currently unavailable due to regularly scheduled system maintenance. The system is scheduled to be available by 6:00 AM Sunday morning.

this is super weird, what are the chances all these banks would be doing this all around the same time

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I find it very odd that all of this goes down the same day that a National State of Emergency is Declared that just happens to invoke a whole bunch of powers for our Executive Branch.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Hmmm...another strange incidence...

Decision of the European Central Bank of 6 October 2009 amending ...
eur-lex.europa.eu...
sorry.ec.europa.eu...

eur-lex.europa.eu Cached Google Page

[edit on 10/25/2009 by semperfortis]

[edit on 10/25/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

So it is not just the US it is also Europe.

Seems like a coordinated event but for what purpose?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
There is no point in panicking right now, since this could all be a sheer coincidence (although I doubt that will stop this thread from getting hundreds of replies in the next couple of hours...). On Monday, we'll all laugh this off and realize we were overreacting for nothing.

If something does happen today, though, then it wouldn't be too surprising. As somebody earlier in the thread said before, today is around the date when the stock market crash of 1929 happened, and we all know how the elite like to play with numbers.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
same here with my local bank... no go what the hell????

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
this is nutty, by the minute its getting nuttier

is there anyone here in europe, australia, anywhere where its sunday day time, id be interested in seeing what they see going on if anything.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Im Here in Australia with NAB and i can access mine, no problems

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Eastern United States

Logged into both of mine with no problem at all..

Wachovia and my Credit Union

Semper

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Can not log into Chase west of Chicago, but my credit union is up. 2:13 CST time here.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I don't think there's anything odd about this. This is usually the time when banks do their maintenance. I have accounts in 4 banks, and a weird ass working schedule; I am rarely able to access all 4 of them (Bank of America, Wachovia, Navy Federal, and National City) during this time of the night.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I'm still digging here...this is for a CZECH REPUBLIC site trying to scam??

WTH? Very strange...

Scam Alert for BofA
millersmiles.co.uk...

Please send us any scam/phishing emails you have received by reporting them here

For access to our huge blacklist of domain names and to sign up to our live feed of ALL the scams we receive please take a look at our Honeytrap service

If you have received the email below, please remember that it is very common for these email scams to be redistributed at a later date with only slightly different content, such as a different subject or return address, or with the fake webpage(s) hosted on a different webserver.

We aim to report every variant of the scams we receive, so even if it appears that a scam you receive has already been reported, please submit it to us anyway.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Bank of America Online system maintenance

Date Reported: 22nd October 2009 Whats this? Risk Level: MEDIUM-HIGH Whats this?
More at Link...

And this...

Industry Wide Banking Disaster Recovery, Or Bank Holiday?
www.ronpaulforums.com...

[edit on 10/25/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
You have to get the H1N1 vaccine to get your banking code.. once you have the code you can then unlock your accounts

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
You have to get the H1N1 vaccine to get your banking code.. once you have the code you can then unlock your accounts

HAHAHAH ... "And if you visit your branch office you can get a USB Thumbprint/Retina Scanner to bypass having to type in those pesky login screens."

USBank is fine and it LOOKS like BoA is fine too ...

I closed my BoA accounts; but their main screen looks fine.

Edit to add: With Obama declaring Swine Flu Emergency giving himself extraordinary powers of US gov't control...
Will he declare himself the Christ (Anti)? Savior? On Sunday? OMG!

Ooops OMO!!!

[edit on 10·25·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bcs8484
cowincedence.

/index.aspx[/url]

its coincidence. I know I know sorry but...just a pet peeve

BTW TDcanadatrust has no problems, I can log in no prob.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by FlySolo]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

You know, if you're going to correct somebody else, you should learn to type out sentences properly first. No offense or anything, but that is one of my pet peeves.

In regard to bank accounts, it seems like people are starting to be able to access them again. People are saying that this is "too big to be a coincidence," but I've yet to hear how often this actually happens. From what I understand, banks having similar dates to update things is commonplace.

[edit on 10/25/2009 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Doing maintenance during the least busy offhours doesn't seem unusual by itself to me. I would have never known my online accounts were offline if I didn't read it here first. However when it comes to the company I work for (a nonfinancial company) they are always sending out global emails talking about systems being offline Saturday night or early Sunday morning for maintenance. There is constant maintenance that needs to be done to keep systems up to date. I thought it would have been nice if they did not send those emails to everyone at work since it's just more junkmail to me.

As far as banks and finances go, I am very concerned about our currency getting devalued more. In fact if the dollar rose in value while stocks tanked, it wouldn't bother me at all right now.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by orionthehunter]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity

Originally posted by FlySolo

You know, if you're going to correct somebody else, you should learn to type out sentences properly first. No offense or anything, but that is one of my pet peeves.

In regard to bank accounts, it seems like people are starting to be able to access them again. People are saying that this is "too big to be a coincidence," but I've yet to hear how often this actually happens. From what I understand, banks having similar dates to update things is commonplace.

[edit on 10/25/2009 by SonicInfinity]

you know...mind your own business, I wasn't talking to you. Another pet peeve

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Almost everywhere I've worked or consulted had a backup time set for 1am - 3am. IT would happen nightly somewhere in there, and that meant that any part of a website that connected with a backend database was down while it was being backed up.

I saw a lot of posts on the RumorMill about other banks being down also.

I wouldn't ever freak out about those times - heck even eBay used to go down that time of night, Paypal, ect. Speigal, Roaman's - tons of shopping sites are down every night.

If they never come back though after the morning hours, like after 5am or 6- then, IMO it is time to worry.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ranhome

I seriously doubt that any sort of Windows 7 migration was involved. NO tech in their right mind would put a brand new MICROSOFT windows version on computers that ran banking.

Bank servers on the bankend wouldn't be Microsoft anyway. I mean, I'd think someone was crazy myself, if they tried it.

WHen you run a website, and you have to be secure - even if you WERE going to say, take your front end to MS 7- you'd start by putting it on the tech's workstations maybe, the ones they surf with, and you'd WAIT until it had been hacked at and poked and prodded and was at least Service Pack 1.
JMO, but I'd rule that one out.

Thing is, the backup thing - kind weird - this seems to have started shortly before midnight. That wouldn't be normal. It might be maintenance or installing some new something, but I doubt that would be backup after all, because I see some 11:49pM times.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by hadriana]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join