It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E Trade, Scottrade, Td Ameriatrade Down

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Jackson, Mi USA checking in...

Our little Podunk CU American 1 seems to be up and running, but, we have branches of those other Banks listed so all is not completely well here...

American 1
secured.cusiteonline.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I just checked my Charles Schwab account and everything was normal. I will definitely continue to monitor this situation.

[edit on 10/25/2009 by The 5th Element]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
There was a thread a couple of weeks ago stating that several credit unions would be down about this time for 2-3 days to make some IT changes.

Interesting that so few mentioned this change over or whatever it is.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by tedpi

Lol it could be normal i guess, like i had perviously posted i do know that chase and ameritrade have been down on multiple ocassions on early and late sundays. but i dont know about the rest or how offten. Could be the senerio where we have all never tried or bothered to noticeand is really a regular situation.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
BOA online now, but I had to wait a few minutes and log in again...very strange

Any word about Wells Fargo?

[edit on 25-10-2009 by Elostone]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Something like this, if there is any truth to it.... could easily start a run on the banks. A self-perpetuating collapse. Word spreads and more folks spread the info to their network of people they care about. On and On until the banks are forced to react.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
OK, maybe this is normal.
Here is another; however it says this is a weekly maintenance issue. However, I am not sure this happens weekly. Possible I guess.

Please note that National City Online Banking will be unavailable during the following time period:

Weekly System Maintenance - Access to National City Online Banking may not be available due to weekly system maintenance which occurs every Sunday morning between the hours of 2:30 AM and 7 AM ET. Online check images may also not be available Sunday morning between the hours of 1 AM and 7 AM ET.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Yikes I can see the headline tomorrow: "Sleep deprived conspiracy nuts start bank run" We better keep this to ourselves and not say a word. shh everything's fine who needs a bank at this hour anyway!

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Well td ameriatrade is back up like the said they would be, so it looks like it might not really be all tha tbig of a deal.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Just tried to log into TDAmeritrade in it didn't accept me.

There really should have been advance notice of whatever is going on.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Usually, I'd be pretty synical about threads like this.. but this certainly is a weird one.

Might be nothing. But it might be something.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Cibc from a Canada account .. cant log into online service too...
www.cibconline.cibc.com...

National Bank
bvi.bnc.ca...

Desjardins
accesd.desjardins.com...

Cant log into all these one in Canada dont have time to check more goin to bed see ya

[edit on 25-10-2009 by Dolby_X]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
WaMU is down as well!

splash.wamu.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

huh, i just tried again and was able to log in just fine. account came up and all my money was the same.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
It's world wide:

articlesofinterest-kelley.blogspot.com...

I wonder what would happen if you attempt to retrieve funds from an ATM?

edited: link fixed...

[edit on 25-10-2009 by antisocialbutterfly]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Wells Fargo and my credit union also both down.

There has to be some sort of bank-wide upgrade going on...Though interestingly, there isn't any information or customer notices on the sites, just a message stating to call customer service with questions...

ETA: Both are back online, so didn't last long

[edit on 25-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Bank failures stack up: Now 106 for 2009

Failing banks

That's more than four times the number that were closed in 2008, and the highest total since 1992, when 181 banks failed.

Earlier on Friday evening the dubious honor of the 100th failure went to Partners Bank, of Naples, Fla., which had $65.5 million in assets, according to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.

The 101st failure was American United Bank, of Lawrenceville, Ga., which had $111 million in assets.

The 102nd failure was another Naples, Fla., institution: Hillcrest Bank Florida, which had $83 million in assets.

The 103rd closure was Bradenton, Fla.-based Flagship National Bank, with $190 million in assets.

The 104th was Bank of Elmwood, based in Racine, Wis., which had $327.4 million in assets.

The 105th failure was Riverview Community Bank of Otsego, Minn., with $108 million in assets.

The 106th failure was First Dupage Bank in Westmont, Ill., which had $279 million in assets.

Customers of all seven banks are protected, however. The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp., which has insured bank deposits since the Great Depression, covers customer accounts up to $250,000. This is funded through premiums paid by member banks.

In fact, to reassure borrowers, FDIC chair Sheila Bair posted a video message to the agency's Web site, saying "for the insured depositor, a bank failure is a non-event."

Still, Bair cautioned that "until the healing process is complete, there will be more bank failures."

All have this type of message:

On Friday, October 23, 2009, Bank of Elmwood, Racine, WI was closed by the State of Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions. Subsequently, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) was named Receiver. No advance notice is given to the public when a financial institution is closed.

I thought I would add this as we looked at the banking systems. Note that quote about "non-event". Add up those assets. What a crock.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by antisocialbutterfly

your hyperlink was not quite right, but the link was kinda interesting

articlesofinterest-kelley.blogspot.com...

[edit on 25-10-2009 by vip867]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by vip867

Tried TDAmeritrade again and was able to access my account.

Also was able to log into Wells Fargo

Hmmm. Maybe it is random.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by vip867

Fixed- thanks for the note...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join