It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Journalists Shouldn't be Defending Fox News

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Well that seems reasonable. I think we could help explain to you about American convervative view points. How may we help you?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Fox News is tabloid stuff you know, and people are loving it.

Maybe what tabloid news is to you is not tabloid news to other.

I don't know why so much emphasis is placed on Fox news. Do you feel this is the only place people get their news from?

I just have a hard time understanding why certain people want to dictate from whom we Americans should receive our news from.

If I want to get my news from a comedy show, CNN, SNL, cartoons, or Foxnews, then so be it.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigBirdsBird

Saying Rupert has ties with Chinese communists is like saying so does the CEO of Walmart and every other corp in the world that likes cheap, efficient labor and a country that will support their business goals far more than any western country.

If Rupert is a liberal I understand, but if Rupert is a conservative, should he do that though? Helping the communist setup their propaganda machine.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

LOL
1. Rupert is Australian and not American.
2. Rupert is a Capitalist and so he is going to do what he can to make money.
3. Most liberals or conservatives are not going to give up potential profit because they migt not agree with a countries politics.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Well that seems reasonable. I think we could help explain to you about American convervative view points. How may we help you?

Why the discrepancies? It seems american conservatism compartmentalize a lot on what they consider as right or wrong. Odd to me, really odd.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Well I am more than glad to try to explain the discrepencies if you can give examples and hopefully others will help me since I am not perfect.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Rupert is Australian and not American.

Rupert is an american citizen

2. Rupert is a Capitalist and so he is going to do what he can to make money.
3. Most liberals or conservatives are not going to give up potential profit because they migt not agree with a countries politics.

Liberals I can understand, but conservatists joining the bandwagon and going so far as to help setting up their communist network, it means you're no better than them.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Well I am more than glad to try to explain the discrepencies if you can give examples and hopefully others will help me since I am not perfect.

The raunchy shows, conservatists are religious christians. But you support raunchy shows?

Okay I'm off till next time.

[edit on Sun, 25 Oct 09 by Jazzyguy]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

As far as Rupert being an American Citizen. It was a business move. From wikipedia:

Acquiring American Citizenship
In 1985 Murdoch became a United States citizen to satisfy legislation that only United States citizens could own American television stations. This also resulted in Murdoch losing his Australian citizenship.[15][16]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I agree with the premise of this thread.

However, in the vein of fairness, I would take it a step further.

Journalists (real Journalists) should not be defending ANY of the major news networks. Fox, CNN, MSNBC, etc... They're all jokes.

Rep, Dem, Liberal, Conservative... surely we can all agree that the MSM is nothing but a propaganda engine for the financial powers that back them, right? Fox news is blatant right-wing propaganda, just as MSNBC and CNN are blatant left-wing propaganda. Anyone with two eyes and a brain can see that.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Liberals I can understand, but conservatists joining the bandwagon and going so far as to help setting up their communist network, it means you're no better than them.

Ok generally Liberals and Convervative capitalists don't pass up an opportunity to make some cash off a billion potential customers.

Also, there has been a strategy in the US for decades that growing the middle class in China and inching them toward free market as well as getting our companies access to sell crap to their billion citizens is good for American. Now I will give you that the results are debatable.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by BigBirdsBird]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."

-Noam Chomsky (big liberal)

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It is so funny to me how left wing nut jobs put Fox News down so often, but all the other left wing nut job news stations are not seen as bias. We have 1 news channel out of many that swings a little to the right and it is a HUGE problem, yet CNN, MSNBC and all the other local news organizations are so left wing bias they can't give a news report without spining it. Yet, that is never mentioned. No surprise there because the left wing nut cases like to talk and get attention, yet the right wingers don't need to do that because their information will speak for themselves

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
It is so funny to me how left wing nut jobs put Fox News down so often, but all the other left wing nut job news stations are not seen as bias. We have 1 news channel out of many that swings a little to the right and it is a HUGE problem, yet CNN, MSNBC and all the other local news organizations are so left wing bias they can't give a news report without spining it. Yet, that is never mentioned. No surprise there because the left wing nut cases like to talk and get attention, yet the right wingers don't need to do that because their information will speak for themselves

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join