It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toxic overload..are we obsessed by chemicals ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
What is this crazy obsession with chemicals ?
The invention,use ,and release of toxic chemicals is growing daily , with no end in sight .
they are everywhere , home, workplace, food , medicine , etc.
A lot of them cannot be removed from the environment , and have /will accumulate
until we can work out a way to remove them from the air/water/food.
- or we all die from them.
It has gotten to the stage now , where you can buy insecticides/air fresheners
that automatically release on a timer system 24/7.
That sort of corporate madness has to be stopped with legislation , because most
consumers don't even think of the consequences...
I fear that my children's future is going to be a living hell , beyond a cure...!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I can't agree with you more. What is really concerning to me is the long term effects of things that have not ever really been tested in the "real world"

a good example being:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Water is also a chemical amongst many other useful chemicals.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by john124]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
It's incredibly bad news for life on this rock from all the synthetic chemicals we've created. Sperm counts have been more than halved in the last 50 years as a result. Frogs are becoming hermaphrodites! Very strange world we're creating, and it seems on a path to being out right bizarre for the future.

I would highly recommend this video to any ATS members concerned about these synthetic menaces.

Google Video Link

If you want to detox the synthetic chemicals from your body, you gotta sweat it out. Our bodies did not evolve with these chemicals around, so we have little way to purge them.

A good read on the subject: Detoxify or Die

[edit on 24-10-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I couldnt agree more as well...this si why, i have gone as natural as possible! I learned about whats in shampoos, shave creams, toothpaste, mouthwash, soap of all things! I learned from www.cosmeticdatabase.com
you type in a prodcut, and it breaks downt he ingriedients, and a toxn level, and a list of wether or not cancer/tumors werre found in lab rat tests. I was shocked! finding out about shampoo..sodium laurel sulfate, sodium laureth sulfater, olein, PEG's, cocoa EDTA, it goes on and on. Those sodiums turns out, are engine degreesers! Thier used as foaming agents. Propelyne Glycol, common in deodorant..its a derivitve of engine coolant! and the foresakin almininum used in anti persperent, it is easily and readily in fat, absord through the skin, as well as fluoride.
I do some of my shopping now, at www.mothernature.com becaue they accept money orders, speedy service!
I was talking with a freind at work last week. Years ago, he used to work as a temp plumber, worked in the sewers here. He told me, only like 60% of watewater is actually fitlered and cleaned up. The rest, is simply flushed out a huge main pipe that goes into our local beach. This would explain why in agust and september, yuo can see brown fluffy stuff flaoting where the water meets the sand: (
I got a nasty skin infection once, when i wa 12, swimming in that water. Never swimmed in it again. Another fgriend, his uncle used to work for our city, in the 70's. Human solid waste, was seperated form water, collected, and sent for incinceration. They stoeed and now, we are the first cuty! to try a new technolgy..turning human solid waste, its methane content, into electricity* We used to incincerate our garbage, north of here, but a few years ago, our mayor singed a contract with some company in Ohio, where it all goes to a landfill. Great, more palstic and paper that probably wont decompose, and if it does, will inf act, leak chemcials and palwstics into ground water, thierfore finding its way eventually to everyone else. This made me re think using thsoe green corn bags..maybe its better, sad to say, to use full plastic bags instead of trash bags that decompose.
Their was an old landfill 2 weeks ago in our news, north here in city, a wooded residential area. Apparetnly 2 or 3 naty chemicals wee dtected in the water. The ladnfill was used form 1930's to 1970's. all this time was leaking chemicals into local water supply!
The sad thing is, overall, the chemical they use in common shampoos, cleaners that we use on us, is what keeps the cost low, and so they can gain profit.,.which i dont understand. Something perfectly natural, has minaml ingriedients..chemcial stuff has LOTS , TONS even of varietys of ingreidients..yuode lthink the less ingriedeints would cost less!

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
for waht its worth..heres is what ive noticed using natural vs. chemcial shampoos, ddeodorants and soap. natural soap does not leave soap scum in the bathtub, chemical cleaners do, especially! dial soap. I attribute this, to the triclosan, as it is a petrolium prodcut. natural salt stick..alumini i beluive it is works terrific! the tohers, leave yuo smelling like one of those synthetic pine things yuo hang in yuor car. synthetic soap suds mad crazy, more or less and require x amount more of waterr to flush it down, wherre natural suds, sud up long enough without requiring x amount of fresh water simply to wash it down the drain.
I have noticed, with toothpate, fluoride helps my teeth, i drink alot of coffee and smoke and poor diet* so i switch between non fluoride and fluoride for now.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
By the way..its not so much a crazy obsession people have, the problem is people arnt told or infomred at all, what the chemicals in fact, undr lab test have done to rats...comapnys pay money im sure, to keep it all as hush hush as possible. What people dont know, only makes them richer* The problem alos is, synthetics outweigh natural stuff in stores, per cost and shelf spae. natural stuff costs alot more! Clorox a while back, came out with ggreen works* products. I read an article, and one woamn was saying she refused to buy it, becuase its jsut one of those chemcial companys, trying to gain space and profit, in hte going green place* thier still jhsut as guilty of posioning everything as we know it* I agree with her> i also like www.sun&earth.com

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I used to get headaches a lot, sinus problems, rashes. The smell of commercial cleaners make me sick. One day i just snapped, I went mad, off the deep end you could say. I decided to avoid all contact with dangerous chemicals. I have never even come close to succeeding because they are so prevalent. They are everywhere, and you'll go crazy trying to avoid them.

I did finally decide on a mid point, not counting the appliances and furniture et cetera that was already in my house, I would no longer allow anything that could kill me to be brought in. My shampoo is organic and doesn't have an "avoid contact with eyes" warning , my toothpaste doesn't have a poison control center phone number one it. My food doesn't have a list a mile long....I clean with vinegar and baking soda. I like to use citrus to make the place smell nice. I've stopped having headaches, i don't get skin rashes, my sinus' have cleared up. I don't have to wear chemical deodorants to cover up the putrefying smell of chemicals I can detect on other people.

I once had a conversation with a woman who told me her clothes weren't clean unless they smelled like her fabric softener. She truly believes this, and it's frightening.

There are so many chemicals sold just to cover up bad smells. Try just cleaning the house....don't cover it up, clean it. If it's dirty, use some elbow grease, don't spray it down with detergents that can kill you. I think this stems from people just being to lazy to clean, and want to "spray and go away".

I don't use hand sanitizers, and many contain the aforementioned triclosan. Just wash your hands and scrub them. Use real soap, not anti bacterial soap.

I noticed in many of the advertisements about swine flu and other diseases, on this site, and many others the google ads and such are for chemical cleaning products. How many here have stated they will not take a vaccine, then used a hand sanitizer? Just thinking about this stuff makes you wanna go slop some chemical on your hand huh?

This is how pervasive the chemicals have become, and how well they've been selling them to us.

You know what clean smells like? Have you ever considered your answer?

Clean smells like nothing. it is free of scents and residue.

I really did suspect i had gone crazy, and many of my friends said I had. ....but then they had kids, or got pets or got sick....and then they started asking me how to detoxify there house, what products to avoid, and how to live a little greener..

new topics

top topics

join