It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange elongated light in the sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Good evening folks well I just saw something that got my blood pumping a bit. My friends and I were outside enjoying a smoke when one of us noticed a strange light in the sky. Unfortunately none of have access to a decent camera to grab a pic but the best way I can describe it is that it could very well be miles long as it was about 4 inches in length and maybe a 1/4 inch in width from my visual perspective on the ground at about 50 below sea level and a bright white, able to be seen through somewhat thick cloud cover.

Now my first inclination was that it was a cloud, but it was well above the blanket of clouds that are currently covering my area. I say this because the clouds were obscuring this strange light and I can only hope that the clouds eventually clear so we can grab a better look.

I dont know, it kind of got my buddies in a frenzy just because it seems un-natural or E.T. like in scope. So I was wondering if anyone else has seen anything in the skies or could explain this occurrence. We were thinking it could possibly be a glimmer of one of our ley lines somehow lighting up from cosmic radiation of some sort, maybe it has something to do with the ribbon that they have found in our deep space, or possibly it is the sign of the end. I have no clue and would like to find out

J.C.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
where abouts are you located?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

right smack dab in the middle of north america

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
ughh....I'm in VA but I will go out and see if I see anything. We have cloud cover too. Do you still see it???

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
i seen 2 object in daylight today tripped me out

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Starseed32

the clouds started getting thicker and at the moment it cannot be seen.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

I read your thread, sounds pretty exciting. I have been checking every so often and the clouds are still toO thick. So I will update if there is anything to update

J.C.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
clear as can be here.. looking at video recorders again gonna get one soon i think its a good investment either way

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
If you pick it up again and notice that is has become deformed, like twisted and elongated, then it could be just a meteor contrail very high in the atmosphere reflecting sunlight.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
smokers are the biggest witnesses lol

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I also noticed the weird lights as well but guess what the lights were above the earth or clouds i couldn't quite tell

I believe the colors of the lights were (Light white or bright white mixed in with some blue)

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Yea we thought it might be a meteor or comet and what not because it seems as though it is that far out there, but for awhile it was a consistent and straight white line then it would split in half and go back to get together. Possibly from stray clouds. It was difficult to tell and really didn't seem that way

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

it wasnt really multiple lights just one long bright light. Bright enough to penetrate cloud cover and was able to be somewhat seen even when the moon was covered.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
While this may not be such a similar experience what you were seeing, here is a link to a picture of a meteor contrail that lasted for some time in the night sky and was photographed by an amature astronomer attempting to get pictures of comet Halley, back in 1986.. Very cool photo.

www.space.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

well that theory begs the question have there been any reports of comets said to show up tonight. I find it interesting that we would see such a thing just a couple of days before one of the dates(10-26-09) that people are hyped up about.

Regardless it seems not to many people got a chance to see what we witnessed.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
actually the other night my spouse was out on the back porch having a smoke and called me out to see these lights in the sky.

we think they are a variation of the northern lights.

amazing you don't have to be so far up north to see them but they are just not as obvious or strong where we live which is close to lake erie.

top topics

join