It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

new film "The Fourth Kind" - disinformation?

page: 4
11
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by xSeraphim
reply to post by DrainMaster
 

It is true that we are more interested in bad things than in good.
When id get a good grade in school parents wouldn't say anything but if id happen to get a bad grade all hell would break loose


Well also think of it as regarding our concerns about Israel. You have so much bad news over how much good news you hear from there. Like right now there is a MSNBC newspage about how Israelis are cutting off water to Palestinians. Of course this isn't really substantiated. But you would most certainly believe it is true and Israel is evil regardless if the story actually is true and regardless of how much good Israel has done in the world. If you had no previous positive history with Israel, you would certainly believe it was true.

This is because we humans tend to have a tendency to believe in the most outrageous bad things, catastrophes imaginable. Think of the year 2000 fanaticism that took place. All the Y2K stuff before the turn of this decade.

[Edited]


Originally posted by NightVision
My gut tells me that the 4th kind is yet another fear-based ET movie. They're taking the fear angle as usual, leaving out any and all accounts of positive ET encounters/experiences. Adverts are just in time for Halloween. I don't think there's been a positive ET movie out of Hollywood since Contact in 96-97.


The government doesn't really have much of a grasp on ET movie making and doesn't really see the production of positive ET movies as threatening towards their agenda, because they get much lower coverage and thrill as negative alien movies. I mean what 14 year old kid would want to watch Contact rather than watching Independence Day or War of the Worlds?

After watching the first 10 minutes of the film, most people who want to see action or thrill would have just left. Those who would stay would be those interested in astronomy, science, or had a deep cognitive appreciation for the movie like myself. However most people haven't watched Contact, and yet most people have watched Independence Day. So regardless of how many positive ET movies that are made, they just aren't as entertaining as the negative ones and most people don't get to or don't want to watch them either.

Think of how popular thriller movies are today. This new movie, "The Fourth Kind" is probably going to get a lot more coverage than combined of all the "positive" movies announced by that user who responded to your message below you.

And you should ask yourself, "Are there really any "bad" aliens out there at all?" Since the government allows such movies to be made and such movies have a stronger impression on how we view extraterrestrials. It is very much as if the government wants us to fear extraterrestrials without telling us they are there or confirming their existence in anyway. It is an act of distancing us from them. So then I bet you would wonder, "well why are they distancing us from them?"

Well the only answer is a conflict of interest between the government and the non-terrestrials.

Remember that video I've believe you've seen where the government had launched a warhead at a UFO coming close to Earth?

Why are we so aggressive towards these non-terrestrials? What is our cause?

Are they even abducting our people? Or maybe... like with the movies and the media, it is all just a means to scare us. Maybe the government is abducting our people, traumatizing them, torturing them, and then hypnotizing them to make them believe it was done by aliens. Aliens the government has made up.

Aliens that have constant been re-occuring as the fundamental theme of almost all alien encounters with nearly the same consistent negative tone attached to them. Only one can wonder what is next.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by DrainMaster]




posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DrainMaster
 


The best alien-themed film, them against us, was 1987's PREDATOR. The alien was a nasty one but his friends were so friendly they awarded the victor a gift! I'd love to have the pirate gun they gave him, it was beautiful. So, bad and good in one film.



posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DrainMaster
 


You said: "Since the government allows such movies to be made and such movies have a stronger impression on how we view extraterrestrials."

Silly assumptions. You assume that the "gov't" has any power over Hollywood. Can you name one movie that the "gov't" has ever interfered with? "Capricorn One" wasn't interfered with. Oliver Stones "JFK" wasn't interfered with.

Such movies have a stronger impression on how we view extraterrestrials? Not me. A movie is a movie is a movie. Entertainment. Doesn't influence my thinking. ETs? Show me one.



posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
No I never saw the Blair Witch Project, and no I didnt believe it was real, before or after. Im also not stating that this is real or fake. I don't know what it is and I could careless wether its real fake or both. Still scared the $&!* out of me regardless. But I do think that it was exagerated to an extent to sale.

Peace!



posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
anyone going to read that link I posted regarding Alaska?



posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
I wouldn't say disinformation as much as portraying extraterrestrials in a creepy negative way which I don't like. And it doesn't help disclosure efforts. I wish they'd make a UFO/ET related movie that was more factual rather than sensational.


Hahaha, more factual? How do we know aliens aren't creepy and negative? So what do think all aliens will be like A.L.F.?

It's just a film. A film about aliens doing what the whole world generally believes aliens do, and that's s**t scary abductions.

And remember, one of the most successful films of all time is about a friendly alien.



posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrainMaster
Are they even abducting our people? Or maybe... like with the movies and the media, it is all just a means to scare us. Maybe the government is abducting our people, traumatizing them, torturing them, and then hypnotizing them to make them believe it was done by aliens. Aliens the government has made up.

Aliens that have constant been re-occuring as the fundamental theme of almost all alien encounters with nearly the same consistent negative tone attached to them. Only one can wonder what is next.

Your first paragraph is right on target. That is the reality. The two different phenomenon that go on are 1) Milabs and 2) Genuine ET encounters. People MUST differentiate when discussing these experiences.



posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by drac88
Your first paragraph is right on target. That is the reality. The two different phenomenon that go on are 1) Milabs and 2) Genuine ET encounters. People MUST differentiate when discussing these experiences.


How the hell is someone supposed to differentiate between the two unless they have had both experiences?

It's traumatic so that is Milab
Its positive so that must be ET

How about another angle? Maybe not all ET encounters are positive?
Another angle? How about Milab is based upon negative alien encounters to further their own agenda and there are some negative alien encounters?
Considering that not all abductees/experiencers report the same aliens, it is not beyond reasoning that different aliens would have different approaches.

The world is not black & white, I fail to understand why you think the rest of the universe would be.



posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
the story is what it is. i don't really see disinformation at play. but i might not be looking as hard.


there might be (and probably is) way more going on than what we'll see in this film, but i don't think its trying to tie every possible unexplained experience together. it looks like it's telling a specific story about a specific type of phenomenon.

a phenomenon that has occurred so often and with such similar details to people the world over, that there must be some truth to the accounts they're depicting.



posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by drac88
 


I don't like any movie that asserts to be based on real events and "archive footage." All the so-called "archive footage" is fake and produced solely for viral marketing purposes. They even setup a fake psychology journal and Alaskan News archive to post fake articles by and about the doctor character in the movie. How long will it be before the "based on a true story" line carries virtually no meaning whatsoever?



posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Daisy-Lola
 


Well. You're right about one thing, our world is not black and white. But what you fail to acknowledge is that not every world is like our world. Worlds that would be inhabited by developed advanced and harmonious civilizations would not operate like our world does. So since our planet is in the shade of gray, it would be stupid of me to say that the entire universe is black and white.

Then call me stupid. Our world is a seemingly complex place. But what if it was stripped down? Everyone has wondered what this planet would be like if we didn’t rape it of morality and spirituality. The truth is it all comes down to two factors that affect how all aspects of life play out: those two aspects are good and bad. (or black and white, as you put it.) Fortunately for us the Universe was designed so those on the bad path will eventually get screwed. That’s just how it is. It was also designed so those on the good path will develop in ways our little minds can’t even comprehend at this point, but trust me it’s an unfathomably beautiful thing. Just like life itself. I mean we all know life is a beautiful thing, so why don’t we ever really let that notion sink in? Maybe then we’ll finally realize why we’re alive in the first place.

Selfishness and self consumption are roadblocks in the evolution of life. However being in service to others will always pave the road for a healthy development. The meaning of life is to manifest ‘good’. We are here to do “good” to each other. And if everyone would do that then we’d evolve into something more beautiful than we are right now. The more we continue to evolve the more increasingly beautiful life will become. There’s so much out there one could call it infinite. But the same rules will always apply to EVERYTHING – good will make things progress. Bad will not. And we can apply absolutely every bit of matter to this notion.



posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by drac88
reply to post by Daisy-Lola
 


Well. You're right about one thing, our world is not black and white. But what you fail to acknowledge is that not every world is like our world. Worlds that would be inhabited by developed advanced and harmonious civilizations would not operate like our world does. So since our planet is in the shade of gray, it would be stupid of me to say that the entire universe is black and white.

Then call me stupid. Our world is a seemingly complex place. But what if it was stripped down? Everyone has wondered what this planet would be like if we didn’t rape it of morality and spirituality. The truth is it all comes down to two factors that affect how all aspects of life play out: those two aspects are good and bad. (or black and white, as you put it.) Fortunately for us the Universe was designed so those on the bad path will eventually get screwed. That’s just how it is. It was also designed so those on the good path will develop in ways our little minds can’t even comprehend at this point, but trust me it’s an unfathomably beautiful thing. Just like life itself. I mean we all know life is a beautiful thing, so why don’t we ever really let that notion sink in? Maybe then we’ll finally realize why we’re alive in the first place.

Selfishness and self consumption are roadblocks in the evolution of life. However being in service to others will always pave the road for a healthy development. The meaning of life is to manifest ‘good’. We are here to do “good” to each other. And if everyone would do that then we’d evolve into something more beautiful than we are right now. The more we continue to evolve the more increasingly beautiful life will become. There’s so much out there one could call it infinite. But the same rules will always apply to EVERYTHING – good will make things progress. Bad will not. And we can apply absolutely every bit of matter to this notion.


Good and bad are merely points of view. You're still trying to divide the universe into 2 factions. Is fire good or bad? If it cooks your food and provides warmth is it good? If it burns your house down, is it bad? That's not alive though.
If a dog bites you, is it good or bad?
If an army invades a country, is it good or bad?
If an alien abducts you, is it good or bad?
You can't answer any of the above without knowing the motives. Since the alien reports are different, and when they give out their reasons, they're different as well, it's impossible to say with conviction, if they're working for our or their benefit.

In your ideal universe of Good & Bad, would you describe World War II as good or bad?
Bad? But, you have the amount of medical and scientific research that advanced us. You have a Europe that is now closely linked in an effort to prevent such an event occurring again
Good? But, millions died and suffered, families torn apart, atomic weapons developed and used.

I also fully understand that no world will be exactly like ours. It could be like ours, better or worse. It could be completely different. There's scientific evidence to back this up to. Deep space observations are finding planets all the time, and none are the same.

Karma, which you are referring to, is a wonderful concept.
If I spill my coffee on my desk this morning, is that universe keeping count and repaying for cutting someone up in the traffic? Or is it that I placed the coffee too close to my phone?
My belief is that sometimes stuff just happens.

How do you know how the universe was designed? To know the nature of the universe would be to know the mind of God, and no matter what you may believe, I know you do not have that information.



posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Would you want people who have been abducted by aliens to watch this movie.Do you think the movie would or could bring back bad memories about there abduction experiences.Sometimes when one does not remember much about there abduction experience it may take a movie like this to bring up more hidden memories from the past.Some times its better to let sleeping dogs lie.Bringing back bad memories may cause emosional and mental stress.Then again some people who have been abducted by aliens and have no memory of there abduction at all.They may have a happy life with no mental problems.Watching a movie like this may bringback those memories.How many lives then will be effected if the wrong people watch this movie.Being a abductee.i have very little memories of my abduction.What memories i have are very scary and disturbing.I do not want to remember any more memories of my abduction.I may give this movie a miss.Though i have watched other aliens movies like,taken,communion and intruders they did not effect me that much.How would you then compare this movie to movies like communion ,fire in the sky and intruders.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]



posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS
 


Would you beleive the aliens beleive the abductions are not bad at all.They beleive there actions are positive and the abductions are being conducted to help another alien species or there own species.I guess if we all knew the real reason behind the alien abductions and found out why they were being done in a positive way to help save another species to survive we would think very different about the abductions.Our knew knowelege would take away alot of fear secretcy and anger about the alien abductions and the aliens themselfs.If the aliens come forward with the discloser then they know that they will have to disclose the perpose of the abductions too.This alone may be the main reason why the aliens will not allow discloser to occure.I know they are hiding the perpose of the abductions but not really from us.There is another alien species they are hiding the perpose of the abductions from.If we find out the real perpose of the abductions there would be a good chance theses other aliens will find out too and may intervine or interfear with the abduction process.This may delay or destroy years even centuries of experimental work done by the aliens.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]

[edit on 2-11-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]

[edit on 2-11-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]

[edit on 2-11-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]

[edit on 2-11-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]

[edit on 2-11-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]



posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daisy-Lola
How do you know how the universe was designed? To know the nature of the universe would be to know the mind of God, and no matter what you may believe, I know you do not have that information.


To know the nature of the universe all you need to do is develop universal understanding and awareness. The 'mind of god' exists inside our consciousness. It's really deep inside but believe me it's reachable. It can over time be accessed by a strict practice of out of body techniques. Although it may be impossible to prove this, I know for a fact it is true. That may or may not convince you, but let's just say I'm merely exchanging my ideas at this point.

There are an infinity of inner non physical dimensions that may be explored through out-of-body travel. Once in these dimensions you'll find that the exchange of information will hit you like a ton of bricks in ways your mind will be dumbfounded by. But it is here that you can literally find any answer you seek. People have reported projecting their most profound complex questions at an entity presence and the results were the answers.

I'm being extremely vague, I know. It's hard to go into detail about this subject. But honestly I can't recommend enough that you read Adventures Beyond the Body by Will Buhlman. It's not only this book, there have been tons of books written about OBEs and accessing god-like consciousness. That ability lies within all of us and the only crime we're committing is letting it go unnoticed. This book however I've found to be very well written and accessible, I've read it countless times.

Have a little more faith. God is in all of us. And we are all pieces of God. Every religion has taught us that but people fail to recognize how literal that statement really is.



posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Sorry to bring back an old topic, but I only watched this movie today. And it got me thinking...

Did anyone else notice the flaw by the end, where, in order to find answers to her daughter´s disappearance, Dr. Abigail submits herself to hypnosis. It´s all fine, till she starts to ask the intruders questions during the session. She´s only remembering what happened, and if she was unconscious, she wouldn´t have done it, to remember then. I liked the plot, and believe in the story, but I see a flaw right there.



new topics

top topics



 
11
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join