It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet Another nail in the coffin of christianity,

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Snake Plisskin

You know, the same hate for christians that you athiests have for them, is the same hate for jewish people the nazis

I personally detect no hatred emanating from religious denouncers in this thread, so where exactly are you getting all this hate from my friend ?

There is no malice intended toward the religious person here xtian or otherwise, please remember we argue the delusion but with the deluded.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

It seems Nigerians are not the only Africans scamming folks out of their Christian minds. Wait till the Camaroons get ahold of Disco smoke making machines.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
The only thing shocking about this story is that it wasn't about another priest molesting his flock of sheeple.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   

The problem is that there are religious groups lobbying government to change the laws of the land, to change what is taught in our schools not to mentiion that religious organisations also get tax breaks too.

Maybe so, but you can do this back to them. Here is an example of someone who is getting angry that they can't enjoy christmas like they used to because some minority group finds it offensive. This means good news for people who are a minorty who feel the majority is cruel and mean and won't listen to them.
au.answers.yahoo.com...

But please understand, if you live in a place where a vast majority of people are say christians, it stands to reason that since their tax dollars are being fed to the system that they end up getting listened to the most, right? If you were a politician, the last thing you want to do is piss off those who helped you get there. Nothing is free, not even freedom. Everyone wants something! That doesn't mean the political movements actually represent the WHOLE of the people in that religion. The political groups WANT you to think that so you'll get more frightened and maybe want to move away, just as say a "white pride" group might like non-white people to think that they are representing the views of every single white person when they don't.

I don't care if say, ...you got beaten up by a skinhead once when you were a little kid and that experience formed your personal view of white people in adult life, ie that
"skinheads beat me up and they have white skin and they said to me that they represent whites."
"Therefore, all whites must be skinheads."
"So now I'm going to complain about people who are white and only hang out with non-whites and take one of the sides".

..it's still WRONG to generalise and hold predjudices.

This is why such broad generalisations only seek to divide communities by highlighting all the difference there are between people and getting them to compete with each other as groups instead of tolerating the differences that exist. This thread is titled in such a way as to make it sound like all christianity is to blame for the actions of one guy. Can't you see the point I'm trying to make?

Lets say you live in an area where there are a lot of old people. Old people who fought in a war and who feel they are not safe after reading the local paper about the latest terror plot, and now want to send their young to war to fight so they can feel safe and secure. In their mind, the world they grew up in taught them you must kill everything. Is it wrong to expect them to care if the young guy even wants to fight and die in a foreign land or not? I would say yes. Because there is imbalance of power. The old guys will gang up and say, "it's time to help the community and give something back" and then because they valued, they vote him out. But when he gets old he can do the same thing back to the people below him. So it evens out naturally. You can't say that "all the tax paying old people are less important than me", because you might be one yourself one day and then suddenly change your opinion once you are personally affected. Just tolerate differences.

This is the real world. There are people who care about freedom, (political correctness has forced us to accept things like "affirmative action"; shoved down the throat in schools to brainwash children to accept it) while others want security and just to live in a world where they fought hard to retain their values. (eg leaders who are forced to swear to god when they take an oath, freedom to put up christmas deocrations, praying in school because this is what they do growing up at home with parents who taught them that etc) You won't always have your way.

But if you go on attacking innocents who have nothing to do with what the guy in the story has done, and say everyone but you is just like him, you just come off as a troll imo.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   

I personally detect no hatred emanating from religious denouncers in this thread, so where exactly are you getting all this hate from my friend ?

It's this flawed belief that because one guy is guilty of commiting fraud, this is why christianity itself isn't good, because the guy was/is a christian. Therefore all christians must be like this. Guilt by association.

Like how the mainstream media say that because the school massacres involved kids who played violent video games like Doom, we should blame the videogames themselves for their acts of violence and not them as INDIVIDUALS (or maybe the side effects of the drugs that they were on or some other influence in their life) for commiting the violent act. The violent game is guilty by association of having murderers play them so to all stupid people without a brain and no real life experience outside of their little bubble world, it's as if the game was what CAUSED them to become that way, which eliminates any other factor. To stupid guys, anyone from now on who plays a violent videogame, is now going to be seen by anti-game groups as potential criminals/murderers or just playing it to train themselves how to kill innocent people. They don't care if there is no evidence to support that view. This then leads to bans on violent games, rather than focusing on the individual criminals who did it, and broke the basic laws of committing murder. *sigh* The goal of the government is to create scapegoats and their goal is "Lets divide people into groups and see them fight against each other" so that you are too busy fighting amongst yourselves while they waste your tax money on services nobody wants. (like censoring videogames and banning things)

Or how guns are used by criminals to murder so lets make guns themselves to blame and not the individual person who commited murder. (at the expense of law-abiding gun owners who are not criminals who feel threatened by taking that freedom of having guns away - they banned guns in australia after the "port arthur massacre", so I guess this was a politically motivated staged event conveniently timed to push through the strict laws that nobody finds popular but which only benefits the government controllers in some way)

If a criminal used a gun, then under the flawed belief that "guns are to blame" for murder, all law-abiding gun users who don't commit crime must somehow ALSO be guilty since criminals used a GUN to commit a crime. To stupid people somehow banning them from law-abiding people will lessen crime, even though criminals get it illegally.

Just as a christian must be seen as untrustworthy since the guy who commited fraud was christian. "Since this guy was brainwashing people, this is typical of ANY christian person who we athiests believe were always intending to control us from the beginning". .....As if the example being used is not viewed by the OP from a very narrow perspective with the sole purpose being to try to promote an athiest viewpoint.

People are not that stupid. It's an insult to their intelligence. Like "guns being evil because criminals used them", "violent games being evil because school shooters played one", we get "christians are now evil because fakes who are using christianity to gain followers and money to their cause means actual christians who don't have anything to do with that should also be seen as evil".

I'm sorry but I've seen too much of this in mainstream media (hate mongering to cause class/religion/race division or using innocent scapegoats to hide the true agenda) to believe any kind of broad generisations made by people whose views are limited only by their own experiences. You have your examples, others have their examples. One guy takes his examples ignoring the ones that won't strengthen his arguments, the other guy gets his examples that only strengthen their arguments, and both think they are right unwilling to look at the truth.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by Snake Plisskin]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
www.fallacyfiles.org...
^
A few good examples used there explaining the "guilt by association" fallacy.

Basically I'm saying in the earlier post, "come on, smart people with a bit of life experience don't fall for this kind of thing" but I can see that it can work if the people are younger and open to influences looking for a sense of belonging to be accepted in a group. But forming groups only highlights the differrences and brings division. This is exactly what they want to happen which is why often you'll find even the minority groups feel as if they were just used for political purpose not that the ones funding them actually gave a # about their interests, but more like they were used a type of weapon so the corrupt can introduce changes that benefit the few but unfavourable to all people. (eg being global warming propaganda brainwashed into kids at an early age so they can later justify taxing industrialised nations and the grown up kids accept it naturally as an adult without complaints - you seeing it now in disaster movies and childrens cartoons to program them to accept rewilding of the earth UN agenda where land will be confiscated from private owners)

Although most people think the ideas they have were their own most likely those were planted there at an early age when they were young, meaning their views were narrowed by the time they were an adult so they could be useful to the controllers in government for a political purpose. By taking advantage of all the differences people have ( whether it be religion, race, class, age etc) they can pretend to be the friend of that group and grant them some wish in exchange for transfer over of powers.
Majority of the time all the fighting for power and class warfare just leads to more misery and people realise they are worse off then before because they were used and must live in a more restrictive, PC world.

If say you ban christmas decorations just to please someone of another religion, when the majority are christian, all you are doing is pissing off the businesses and majority and making the minority feel uncomfortable which is exactly what those pretending to care for the minority are doing. They don't want unity, but the reverse: actual division and struggle. They want to create more division and test to see what happens so they can then gain support, but only because it will empower them in some way not because they are fighting for a just cause.

This is why its stupid to assume that political leaders represent the religion or cause they pretend to represent. Zionists are not fighting for true jews, since they've mixed religion with politics. The fake christians you point to are not representives of true christianity, because they by definition of lying (old testament 10 commandments are part of christian living, and one of them says lying is immoral) are "wolves in sheeps clothing" for deceiving people. The skinhead who hates the jews and blacks is not representative of ALL white people just because through "guilt by association" false logic standards, all skinheads are white too, meaning there must be a connection between them and whites who are NOT skinheads, since anyone who isn't white and has not experienced racism for their race can tell you in person. (all it would take is one example to prove)

So just because you've met some guy who believes "doing good deeds" is how he gets to heaven, (catholic?) and he calls himself 'christian' doesn't mean you can assume he IS. There are a lot of people who "do good deeds" and are not christian. Jesus only died for those who actually had faith in him. (please read it - the bible) It's like a relationship you have with your wife: if you love her but cheat on her too, how can you expect her to trust you if you are unfaithful to her? If there was any justice: god has every right to turn his back on you if you don't believe in him and choose another religion.(or cease believing)

[edit on 26-10-2009 by Snake Plisskin]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

well christmas is actually more pagan than christian, so essentially they'd be banning an event that covers alot of social territory, simply because it seems to be a christian event (nottachance). it even has its roots in the respectful regard of the calendar, the changing of the seasons and the science of astronomy, for the jews, agnostics and atheists. it just means different things to different people at this point. mostly symbolic and for farming purposes.

methinks the resistance against it is much ado about nothing, when all's said and done.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by undo]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Hey I love christmas and xmas lol, as long as I got some money. If I got no money then xmas is just a pain in the arse day of gluttony and drunkeness.

What I love about this "ban" christmas nonsense is that many of the nobheads that are up in arms about it only attend a church at weddings and funerals.

If christian people choose to celebrate whatever on a given day good for them, it is their right if they want to put a 50 neon sign on their roof which says happy christmas good for them.

Should I as an employer give an xtian a day off work paid because they hijacked a pagan tradition? Hell no they can hgave it as part of their annual leave or something.

If the xtians want a fat white man on a flying reindeer day let them have it, if the muslims want a fat black man on a flying horse day let them have it, they have the right to believ what they wish.

If I am muslim and someone sends me an xmas card, who's the biggest twat the sender for not being sensitive of my imaginary friends or me for letting a coloured piece of paper somehow hurt me ?

If you own a store and to want to wish your customers happy xmas then do so, if the muslims start to cry then they can shop elswhwere.

Personally I would like to see an end to xmas, the wholesale pressurization of people to spend lot's of money (many that haven't got any) is ridiculous.

I would have thought that xtians would be the first `to champion the demise of the big day of avarice and gluttony and look forward to their real christian christmas, church, family and friends and all that.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

well seeing as how no one is really sure when he was born but think it was in september due to other jewish events described, we already missed it this year (and every year) so we just celebrate with everyone else. lol i don't much care for spend spend spend, but i'm partial to giving and receiving gifts.

i like the hobbits rendition: on your birthday, you buy everyone else a gift. now is that cool or what? a

p.s. oh my gosh, moo, you've now added complaints about people buying each other gifts and blamed it on christians. i.don't.know.what's.up.with.that, but holy freakin' toledo, batman.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by undo]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

lol i don't much care for spend spend spend, but i'm partial to giving and receiving gifts. i like the hobbits rendition: on your birthday, you buy everyone else a gift. now is that cool or what? a p.s. oh my gosh, moo, you've now added complaints about people buying each other gifts and blamed it on christians. i.don't.know.what's.up.with.that, but holy freakin' toledo, batman.

Lol, you crack me up some days undo, you realize of course that, if everyone on this planet had a hobbit birthday everyday poverty would be eliminated within a hobbit year.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

(you just come off as a young angry teen with no life experience, sorry if that's not the case)

LOL That's a compliment. I still think that I am young even though I am older. I have been debating for years and years, even on the professional level. It just doesn't seem to work. But nonetheless, I still love to debate, whether I come off looking like an angry teenager or a professional debater.

When one person's mind is locked, no amount of debate will unlock that mind. It has to be unlocked from within. My only suggestion is to think for yourself. Do not let those preachers, con men, and charlatans do the thinking for you and steal your wallet and your self control.

There are going to be people you meet in your life who are "wolves in sheep's clothing" who will pose as a good guy but have a hidden agenda to use the membership of any groups they belong to as a way to further their career or gain some kind of power.

HELLO???

You know, the same hate for christians that you athiests have for them, is the same hate for jewish people the nazis had which is why we fight in wars and the illumanti manages to use each hate group as pawns in their illumanti card game - ie by pitting one group against another and using divide and conquer techniques to spread more division so that you'll be more likely to work for them.

HELLO again???? You are speaking the truth. However, me and the OP and others DO NOT hate Christians. We hate how they shut their minds off to rationality. How they let their self control go and let others control them and do all the thinking for them.

If a black person is guilty of stealing it doesn't mean all black guys are thieves and blacks need to have seperate toilets. In the ancient times it was the jews and gentiles seperated. Today it's the clean athiests vs dirty christians.

What are you talking about? It's the christians who are doing the separating. It's the clean Christians vs. the dirty sinners. I and the OP are not the one doing the separating. They are already doing that themselves.

Tommorow it will be man vs god and everything will go according to plan with the illumati successfully pitting one group against another and making huge money indebting everyone to pay for the wars, and profiting from the sale of weapons, as well as gaining more draconic power by justifying the need for a dictatorship to fight terrorism. On top of that, bring in more censorship and destroy freedom of speech so that you can't think freely.

EXACTLY. You are getting it, I think?

Think of the atheists or non religious people as liberators. We are not against Christians. We are for them. We want them freed.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

it would be christmas,
every day of the year

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Organisations exist such as Patrick Henry College (www.phc.edu...) which actively train young impressionable minds to enter the world of politics with the aim of shaping the country into a 'so called' re-Christianised society. It's only as Christian as they are led to believe.

From what I have seen of the young people at the college and they do indeed poses a great deal of talent, they each possess a good moral compass and their debating skills are aggressively fine tuned. Aggressive in the sense that they are trained like a Fox news host and I wont say anything more on that. They are however highly conditioned to think in ideological terms, terms dictated to them. Effectively they become radicalised and used as pawns in the political game.

While the title of this post is perhaps revealing of MooCowMan's stance, it is an honest opinion presented and when people want to convince us they are practising the divine will of God by wearing electro-shock devices we should be all be a little wary.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by freeradical]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Jesus only died for those who actually had faith in him. (please read it - the bible)

Sadly, I have as many people have read the Bible. It is not clear cut. So sorry no dice.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by really
I'm not much of a believer in any religion but using this story to denounce all of Christianity smacks of a person with an agenda. Ridiculous.

You made the understatement of the century!

I just looked a xcowman's profile; he has started 13 threads, 12 of which are anti-Christian.

He's an anti-Christian machine.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join