It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Arizona, death row may soon be run by private industry: report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

In Arizona, death row may soon be run by private industry: report

rawstory.com

The State of Arizona, seeking to close a $2 billion budget gap, is planning to open bidding on all but one of its prison facilities.

Included in the offerings to private firms is an opportunity to manage the captivity of those condemned to die: a move that, for the first time ever, would put a U.S. state's death row in corporate hands, according to The New York Times.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
In my opinion this is just wrong. If your are convicted of a capital offense by the STATE and sentenced to die by the STATE. The least they could do is take responsibility for putting the prisioner to death.

To me it sounds as if the STATE is trying to shirk responsibility in case they kill an innocent man. It has happened in the past and will happen again. Also very convent for the prosecuting attorney and the judge to wash their hands like Pilate
en.wikipedia.org...

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-10-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I guess they have been taking too long to get the job done so bring in a private contractor .

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

WOW

If thats not the greasy evil conjured up by the "free market" -

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
reply to post by whaaa

WOW

If thats not the greasy evil conjured up by the "free market" -

Ain't it the truth!! Janky, perhaps we could form an LLC and embark on a new career. I mean "how hard could it be"

My Karma is already trashed; it might be nice to leave a small legacy for my family.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
There has to be somesort of illegality about this. A private company executing wards of the state? Sounds like murder to me. And for the record I am pro-death penalty.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
There has to be somesort of illegality about this. A private company executing wards of the state? Sounds like murder to me. And for the record I am pro-death penalty.

It does have sort of a "hired Killers" ring to it.

I would be pro-death penalty but the state has lied and botched so many executions. I'm not so sure any more. One innocent man put to death just isn't right and it has happened.

www.abanet.org...

new topics

top topics

join