It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space.com Alien Abductions poll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I find this surprising and interesting , I hope you do too ,a poll being conducted by Space.com into whether their readership believes Alien Abductions Are Real currently stands at
I know they are.....14%
It's possible, yes....32%
I have my doubts...24%
No way..................31%
Now I see Space.com as a scientific web site with a heavy skepticism of ETs and UFOs and I had imagined that their readership would have a similar view , but as this poll shows the majority of responders believe in or are willing accept the possibility that an extra-terrestrial civilization are abducting people .
Is this evidence that the belief in extra-terrestrials visiting earth is now a mainstream belief and this poll may be representative of a growing global acceptance of ET visitation?
Space.com

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

A poll dependent of beliefs is hardly "scientific." Beliefs are the opposite of evidence.

As one respondent said:
[Re: POLL: The Fourth Kind, Alien Abductions
by J_M_Weikle ยป Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:46 pm

This question and poll is not a valid scientific arguement, from the standpoint there isn't a way of testing the validity of the question or the aspect of the question.

This question is based entire upon 'belief' of an individual or upon 'conjecture'; which is to say opinion based.

The question coud read:

Do you believe that Santa Claus rides in a sleigh with 8 reindeer to put presents under a Christmas tree?

Sure, it could happen but probably not.

No wonder the general population is mis-informed upon the sciences or aspects of science when questions are presented to the population that are bogus.]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Ed is building another straw man. Nowhere is it suggested that the number of people believing abductions are or may be taking place, is evidence *for* the reality of those abductions.

The respondent "skeptical" Ed cites makes a seriously flawed claim; the question that is to be polled among readership should be able to be verified as being true. No such requirement for a poll exists. The question "do you believe in ghosts" would be a fair poll topic, yet there is no requirement for ghosts to exist to see just how widespread such a belief would be.

Obviously though, and judging by his "bogus" comment and santa comparison, he has his mind made up. So his argument reduces to nothing more than the belief that abductions are a priori bogus, and cannot and should not be a legitimate poll topic because he does not believe it could happen.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Space.com is checking how good the elite mind control is working.
100% No Way to their suppression of a citizen's technology even though
Tesla was alien to America.
Tesla was a naturalized citizen.
Calling Tesla technology Alien technology for UFOs is not funny.
ED: Abductions without the UFO.
That's what must be what going on.
Got to keep the sham going.
They go back and forth through dimensions that's the ticket.

[edit on 10/24/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
What I find most intriguing is the first answer, "I know they are"

join