Of Ancient Wars and Spacecraft

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

I dont think we would handle well at all, considering our complete inability to manage our own origins and capabilities.... ironically maybe that's the biggest flaw universally - maybe nobody is supposed to interfere with any other species and all species are susceptible to this need to make contact with others so the same issues keep repeating in differing planetary civilisations - if there actually are co-existing sentient races at any given stage of the universe development

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
(...cont from the end of page 3, I should have written my post out and then subdivided it: I didn't expect to be this wordy)

My point in all of this is that what little is still available of our true history points unamimously to a vastly greater universe then we now beleive in. The Mayans call this the time of the great forgetting, soon to be followed by the awakening of humanity. The Sumerians believed that like clockwork the gods stop by to see whats up. Ancient texts from all over the world discuss similar events.

...and there is a definite desire by some to horde all these artifacts and hide them forever.

I can see the need to discredit, I can see the basis for disbelief. What is lacking however is the understanding that we are only able to access a very small fraction of the literature that has been left as record. Much may still be awaiting discovery, however whether the general population will ever get access to it is doubtful.

Finally, most researchers now use ancient mythology as a guide to aide them in searches. So often it has been shown that these peoples did the best they could to describe things they didn't comprehend with the langauge they had at thier disposal. Imagine, if we had access to all that has been found and rehidden or worse, permenantly destroyed.

Our ancestors left us vast amounts of information so that we could know our world and it's history. It is only by the will of those who seek to control us that this information is withheld or marginalised.

Again, fantastic work.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by {davinci}: spelling & form]

[edit on 25-10-2009 by {davinci}]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The wikipedia write up helps to digest some of this.

en.wikipedia.org...

Like the Shang dynasty articles and objects photos. I saw the display at the ROM in Toronto and found the work to be strangely reminiscent of west coast tribal work and of Mayan works as well.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
its best to look at the easiest explanation first

Im still looking for the easiest explanation on the abovementioned "the moon is desolate in gray" statement...give me some time.

Considering even to the naked eye the moon appears to be a big grey rock, the statement really does not seem to have the power you ascribe to it.

"“The Archer and The Moon Goddess” from The Magic Pears by Shiu L. Kong and Elizabeth K. Wong "

I understand that this myth appears in this book, yes? What is the authors' source for the myth? It would be most interesting to see previous and/or alternate translations -- or to even put out the original text to be translated by the internet world at large.

[edit on 10/25/2009 by stopsfungus]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
SkyFloating: Thank you very much for posting those photos of relics from the Sanxingdui ruins!

I've been going crazy trying to find more information about that incredible pyramid (glass? cast resin?) - which has to be one of the most stunning objects found in archeological history. Yet, frustratingly, all I have found is more copies of the same picture:

Can you (or anyone) shed more light on this object (composition, theories as to it's purpose, etc.)

Because of the lack of information about the pyramid, I've considered the possibility that it is some kind of display created by the museum housing the relics - but that seems highly unlikely.

Thank you in advance!

[edit on 25-10-2009 by beReal]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Hint for Researchers / Fringe Journalists:

I havent had the time to do it, but it may be worthwhile to look into the Kunlun Mountains for an extraterrestrial base as plenty of Gods are said to have had their "Jade Palaces" and "Sky-watching-stations" and "retreats" there.

Here is a story about unexplained phenomena in Kunlun Mountains' infamous 'Valley of Death':

The valley is filled with animal and human remains, and local sheepherders would rather leave their animals die on the sands, than going in the valley where an abundance of grass is grown.

In 1983, a herd of horses got greedy with grass in the valley and ended up missing. The owner went in to look for them. A few days later the herd showed up alright, but the man is found dead in the valley. His cloths were in pieces, he was barefoot, his eyes and mouth were wide open and he still held his hunting rifle tight. As if he died suddenly and unprepared. No apparent injuries were found on his body.

Later the same year, a geological team went to the valley and encountered a snow storm while it was a hot sunshine day outside. A team member suddenly heard of a thunder and his body went numb and he passed out. It was later found out the place is wrecked with dirt turning into black, animals and plants dead as if struck be lightning.

A team was sent to investigate and they detected very distinct abnormalities in the valley's magnetic field, which gets stranger as one further goes into the valley. Compass and electric equipment would cease working. A theory was that due to its magnetic field when works in conjunction with the electric charge in the air, causes it to become a very lightning-prone area. And the strange magnetic field could be the effects of various ore and mineral vein in the area.

=============

Strange weather is strange.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by beReal
SkyFloating: Thank you very much for posting those photos of relics from the Sanxingdui ruins!

I've been going crazy trying to find more information about that incredible pyramid (glass? cast resin?) - which has to be one of the most stunning objects found in archeological history. Yet, frustratingly, all I have found is more copies of the same picture:

Can you (or anyone) shed more light on this object (composition, theories as to it's purpose, etc.)

Because of the lack of information about the pyramid, I've considered the possibility that it is some kind of display created by the museum housing the relics - but that seems highly unlikely.

Thank you in advance!

It's probably a souvenir you can buy from the shop in the museum or an advertisement piece. It has "Sanxingdui Ruins - World History & Culture Heritage" and possibly a short introduction engraved on it. Definitely not an artifact. See these pages for real artifacts:

Bronze artifacts
www.guoxue.com...

Jade stone artifacts
www.guoxue.com...

Gold artifacts
www.guoxue.com...

[edit on 25-10-2009 by nighinfinite]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcrom901
Were we on the Moon in 2309 B.C.?

The very ancient legend reports that the goddess said the moon is desolate and gray and thats something you can only know if you have been there or have a telescope or by paranormal means. Thats one of many thousands of things skeptics cant just brush off.

As for the article you linked...Im familiar with a lot of it.

Thank you for posting this third installment to the ancient astronauts from the asian standpoint. I didn't know anything about this epic story and I bet many other people don't either. It's the same thing with the Sumerian civilization, they make broad statements and fit what they can fit in their history but ignore everything else (example adam and eve story is a a retelling of a story from sumerian legend and it was a little different). I will agree with you that this story told as much from the telling of the gods and battles as from the mundane tasks and issues fo day to day expression. It almost seems like some scribe or scribes where allowed to record history of these beings but not told this is a landing craft, this is a monitor screen etc. etc.. They where either told or watched and scribed down the names and the actions of these beings, and thats why the whole story is so long. They wrote down what they could and then put it all together to tell the story of these beings.

We considered them gods, and the gods didn't make a move to change that thought. It makes sense for an advanced culture to control a much less even stone age civilization by making them fear and look in awe at them as gods. Especially if they do things that help in food or animal husbandry or flying in vehicles we didn't have a clue about or even healing people. And from the pieces of the story that you posted it looked like these beings weren't without their faults and hangups it seems. So if you add this into the mix, we have a group of powerful beings with their technology coming to this planet and sectioning off pieces of it to run as their territory and using the moon as a base of operations.

I'll come back to the moon later, but what also helps to explain that we had extraterrestrial on this planet is the fact that the writer of the story describing the moon as if somebody told the person or the person was there. If it was just a fiction story as people want us to believe. Then why in "gods" name would a stone age or ancient humans not describe the moon as a silver/bright pearls/bright white porcelain sand etc. etc.. I mean they are describing something from their point of view on the planet. If the moon started to eclipse, they wouldn't describe it as an eclipse but the moon being eaten or disappearing. You couldn't see the desolation of the moon from the planet unless you had a telescope and even then it would show a landscape that said people aren't even experienced with describing.

Two other things also, one is the part from one description of an earth that was much more lush in plant life long ago, and not from the battle unless the time line is centuries between the battle and destruction of land. And two they said they are from the milky way (I would love to find out who decided to use that term to describe the galaxy, did they get it from ancient texts?), but when they moved back and forth from the earth and to the sky they where moving to the moon and back to earth. Even when the beings where fighting each other and/or was disillusioned with the people of earth (the 10 sons attacking the humans, and the wife going back to the moon after drinking the elixir and that could mean that the husband going to get something from the queen and telling the scribe it's an elixir), they kept going back to the moon but not back into the galaxy/milky way. It's almost as if they couldn't leave the solar system at best probably the earth moon system at least.

I got a theory, something happened either on some planet in another star system or maybe a planet in this system (the planet that mars was orbiting before it exploded as some think or mars itself). The survivors had to leave before the disaster happened and the survivors was able to get to this system or earth with their ship. Earth was habitable and had a moon. Maybe the main ship couldn't land on the earth and/or they where also thinking they needed a place to fall back to if the planet wasn't a nice one or was to dangerous, so they establish facilities on the moon. This way they can go back and forth from the moon if need be and also as was stated in part of that story, when trouble started between the groups they go back to the moon facilities to discuss things. They come into orbit see the lush life on the planet (humans are on it or not depending on what you believe if they where the annunaki). Use the moon as a way station but for some reason they can't go back to where they came from.

There might have been only a few thousands of these beings and their advance technology. And these individuals where split and confused in their thinking because they where a people stated before that maybe couldn't go home and had to make a home on a world and system that didn't understand them as but only gods.

Also I do agree with you that much of their earth technology and structures and items have eroded away or have been buried and not found yet and/or horded into govt. and elite warehouses to keep away knowledge of this ancient world and ancient extraterrestrials. The more I dive deep into writings and art from the ancient world, the more I'm learning that our MSM history is wrong.

Also could you post or tell us what that glass pyramid is and where we can find more pictures of it. The link you had took us to the site but didn't go much in depth about the piece just to show a picture and show us an assumption that it was dug up. If it's fake then Iwant to buy one for christmas.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Oh by the way, we have known how the media may know more about the real history and extraterrestrials than they are letting on. What we see in many shows and movies are hints to truths or possibilities. One that stands out is the Battle Star Galactica re-imagined series. The series finally is something that should be looked at. Just google it, I'm not saying thats exactly how it happened but it shows what happened to earth.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighinfinite

It's probably a souvenir you can buy from the shop in the museum or an advertisement piece. It has "Sanxingdui Ruins - World History & Culture Heritage" and possibly a short introduction engraved on it. Definitely not an artifact.[

Thanks, nighinfinite. In retrospect, I should have known that -
it's just that every website I visited (perhaps 5 of them) that displayed
some of the relics, included that photo among them.

Thank you, as well, for the links.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Another great read, have you thought about writing a whole book ? Someone really needs to compile accounts from across the globe in one meaty tome, it would be an indispensable reference work if something like that existed. If not a book, then what about a website ? You do all this fabulous research, it really needs and deserves as wide an audience as possible.

I've a couple of questions for you ....

You've presented some of the more obscure texts and I was wondering if amongst these, and others you've read, have you come across the exploded planet issue in many of them ? If so, do those texts describe "how" the planet might have exploded....any mention of it being a weaponized attack on the planet for example ?

Another question - The Sumerian texts along with some Egyptian writings hint at the Great Pyramid having been a weapon (perhaps along with other applications that were not merely military). A couple of books have been written on this subject, notably the series by Jospeh Farrell. You are obviously very widely read so have you come across mention of the Pyramid having weapon applications in any other ancient texts apart from the texts most often quoted in articles and books about this theory ?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Errrr whoops, double post.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by Whine Flu]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

Sorry, but I think you'll find this is a promotional piece manufactured by the museum and NOT an artifact they discovered. Each face of the pyramid is advertising a different exhibit of the bronze pieces and masks they have on display. It's got the museum logo stamped all over it...

[edit on 10/25/2009 by mythatsabigprobe]

[edit on 10/25/2009 by mythatsabigprobe]

Damnit, I was really hoping this was a real artifact. Seriously, if that was from the BC periods, that could've been one hell of an amazing discovery. Such a shame that it's from the present. How annoying, I was starting to get really attached to that piece.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Looking at those images on the rocks .. a movie came to my mind..

The fifth element

Strange.....

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Orion65

thanks man. Sorry for the one-liner but appreciate it

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The Hindu/Sanskrit stories have very similar fighting Gods theme and flying vehicles mixed with descriptions of galactic things that are only being proved by our scientists over the last 25 years or so.

I believe they are the diary of the timeline, written in the only way the author had to describe such things, as myth n magic.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
With all of this having "happened", how come no aircraft or weapons have ever been found?

The tales say that the "Gods" left and took all of their stuff with them. Their main bases were in space, not on earth (as the texts say). Some stuff was left. Of that stuff, some decayed in the course of tenthousands of years and other stuff was hoarded by the ruling elite. And yet other stuff was in fact found (see thread "Ancient Extraterrestrials").

Thanks for that. I guess I'm just too old to be accepting as real anything associated with the subject. It is fascinating as I found out when I started getting into the subject back in the '60s. I can accept evidence of man older than the accepted norm but I'm not convinced by ancient anything other than humans evolving.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

China: Another Case of De-evolution?

What are you trying to say? You're not making fun of me are you?

-Dev

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

i wouldnt say that. the original Get Smart producers and writers were investigated by the FBI and CIA for imagining real life spy tools. it could definitely be that they know but with all of the stories, myths, legends, and collocated lineages of people, maybe just maybe they came up with a good plot and story line themselves. i mean look at Beowulf. That story has almost nothing to do with their run in with creatures outside our imagination (at least from a purely conventional standpoint) but the original bard that sang it came up with a great story of triumph and valor.

who knows. maybe he actually existed and grendel actually got its arm ripped off. i wasnt there lol.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrisFromGenk
reply to post by Orion65

thanks man. Sorry for the one-liner but appreciate it

I need to change my avatar. It's kind of pink, but almost everyone still mistakes me for a guy.

You're welcome.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join