It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Hungry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Lets take the sentence "I am hungry". First I would like you to for just a moment, think about how many times you have said this sentence, either aloud or in your head.

Quite a lot I would surmise. What I'm going to do, is question that particular way of thinking. Upon the "I am hungry" rests a very important philosophical point. Hopefully this will offer you a fresh approach to viewing such a mundane thing.

Lets break that down: "I am hungry"

Well, what are YOU. If you've been alive at all in this century it would imply that me, I, myself am hungry and I need to eat... No no, lets look at that again.

"I am hungry" What you are doing by saying this sentence in this way is you are viewing this existential experience from a particular stand point. By saying "I am hungry" you are acknowledging that YOU are a PHYSICAL BODY. However, YOU are NOT a physical body, the physical body is merely an instrument, a genetic space suit if you will, so that you can experience the Creation.

What YOU are, is multi-dimensional Infinity, existing simultaneously on all levels, and densities, YOU are ALL that there is, YOU are consciousness, YOU ARE the Creator! You are the Creator experiencing and witnessing the Creation. You ARE!

Its clever what the teachers of this time period have done. They have taught us, that we are merely this physical body and that is it. However, it does not at all explain what it is that ANIMATES the physical vehicle. Your body is ANIMATED by YOU, YOUR consciousness, YOUR SELF. And in YOUR SELF you ARE ONE with the Creator.

What is happening with the "I am hungry" mechanism, is your physical body sends a message to your physical instrument's command center, the mind. The physical body tells the mind that it needs sustenance in the form of food or drink. Its quite amusing how we get caught up there, in that moment, where the physical body says to the mind, I need food or water... "I am hungry" Meaning, "I this body", needs food or water and if it doesn't "I" will die. It is your body that is finite, your consciousness is infinite, your consciousness cannot cease, it cannot die or be exhausted; your body can, but your consciousness cannot... But, "I will die"...

The physical instrument, vehicle, genetic space suit, whatever you call it, is not YOU. YOU are an Infinite being USING this vehicle or space suit as an interface into the third dimensional experience much like we use an operating system as the interface between man and computer. All of that Infinite power, YOU, is poured into the crystalline like structure called "the body", much like a snowflake, and through that, YOU animate it.

So, shifting the paradigm, lets change our perspective, from "I am hungry" to "This physical body needs sustenance" or "My body needs energy". And in that the real magic happens, in that, you acknowledge that YOU, YOUR SELF, YOUR INFINITE CONSCIOUSNESS, is NOT a physical body, but ALL that is, shifting your perspective from the finite, to the infinite.

Knowing this, next time you hear someone say "I am hungry" you can see for yourself, just how many people identify themselves as their body, and not infinite consciousness animating this vehicle so I can experience this gift called "life"

Hopefully I've offered a new perspective and insight on "I am hungry" which is completely interchangeable with a plethora of other sentences like "I'm cold, I'm *insert words or configurations thereof here* " What I wanted to do is humbly challenge the perspective, the perception. And hopefully, I've offered a fresh look on something.

Best to all of You,
Much Love,
P

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by IndigoP

Anyone else feel hungry after reading that?

Welcome

Peace.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Thanks
Happy to be here, alive and discussing with everyone on ATS. Thanks everyone for such a different and refreshing perspective on world issues, its always fun coming to this site

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I would like to state on a side note that while one day we might be able to create machines that simulate the human thought process, we will never be able to create machines that are self aware. How can a machine "feel" beyong a range of senses which cause it to react differently under different circumstances? They cannot feel, only react. Thank you for this thread.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyborg_Watson

I don't think that it necessarily correct. If nano technology were advanced enough, then yes you could create machinery that was self aware and self governing.

It's a scary thought, but it could in all honesty come to pass if humanity continues to rely on electronics that are fueled by a difficult to get and non-renewable enery source.

As for the OP, I agree entirely. When you say " I Am Hungry". That is simply your space suit telling you it needs more fuel to carry on. YOU yourself, require no food, no water.

Thanks for the thread, welcome to ATS and I look forward to more of these discussions with you

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyborg_Watson

Thanks for reading Watson, its my pleasure and your very welcome
, I always enjoy this site and the myriad of unique thoughts and opinions, keep being you, unique, beautiful and free!

reply to post by tothetenthpower

Thanks Keeper, if only we were taught the first day of school that our bodies are just genetic space suits, I think the world's perspective would change entirely. Thanks for the reply, looking forward to posting more
Take care

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
That's all well and good, but no one's really going to exclaim "My crystalline structure needs sustenance!" when they're hungry are they?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Steel77

But if you did, imagine how much you just made the other person think. In some people, when you make statements like that, if you look closely, you can almost hear the gears beginning to turn again in the mind. Lol, of course you wouldn't say that, unless you were trying to be poetic or linguistically creative. Thanks for the reply Steel

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Your perceptions on reality intrigues my constantly questioning mind. Let us reason. To become aware of one's natural surroundings, we must use the natural sense's, which has been implanted in this genetic spacesuit as you so eloquently referred to it. Through our experiences with said surroundings we accumulate knowledge to use for not just survival, but our own amusement as well. Along with our knowledge, which was accumulated through experiences via our senses of our natural surroundings through our realization of awareness, we are taken on a journey of self discovery. Wanting so bad to understand why thing are the way they are. We start questioning.

Being connected to the infinite one who designed this genetic space suit, it would be undeniable to suggest that could not have developed a better fuel source with which to power the suit. As we have learned by the accumulation of knowledge, there are a varied amount of fuel supplies found in our environment. Such as nuclear, which last for years and years.

Now for the question.

Why am I hungry?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndigoP
By saying "I am hungry" you are acknowledging that YOU are a PHYSICAL BODY. However, YOU are NOT a physical body, the physical body is merely an instrument, a genetic space suit if you will, ....

I remember when a little girl cut her finger and ran in crying to her mother.

Her mother stood there holding the child's hand as the blood gushed out all over the little girls dress and on the floor. Of course seeing the blood everywhere makes something look worse than what it may be. It is very scary to a child.

The girls mother said those same words above.

"We are not our bodies."

I think the philosophy you are promoting is a lot of nonsense. As long as we are here and in these "space suits" we have actual physical needs. And chanting "we are not our bodies" does not stop the blood nor make hunger cease.

If I knew where to find the little icons I would certainly post a "Thumbs down" on this one.

top topics

join