It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Swine Flu 'National Emergency'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This is certainly interesting:

Look how many company officers of Biocryst have been selling their stock.

Biocryst Insider Trading

Interesting that one of the officers sold at $8 and then bought back at $3 four days later.

Edit:

Exactly one year ago the stock was 98 cents and Friday it was $9.66. How about a 1000% return on your investment in one year?

[edit on 10/24/09 by emsed1]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Well here we go. I hope everyone has their seatbelts on, the next few months will be one hell of a ride. I pray everyone holds fast and stays strong. We just need to be their for each other and do what we can to help each other out as much as possible. God bless...

[edit on 24-10-2009 by Melissa101]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
"Worldwide, more than 5,000 people have reportedly died from swine flu since it emerged this year and developed into a global epidemic, the World Health Organization said Friday. Since most countries have stopped counting individual swine flu cases, the figure is considered an underestimate."
This comes from the web site below:

www.nbcactionnews.com...

What I am confused about is the last sentence more fear mongering or have they have stopped counting number of deaths from swine flu. What in the world does this mean?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
On a nother thought, whats the odds that this move has something to do with things that we have no knowledge of right now?
Something about to happen, that tptb know about but msm and others realy have no clue, solar burst, quake (although dont know how one could know abou that) , incoming metior, other virus, terrorist threat that is real. The swine flu would be a good guise to get things in place before it happend without alerting and panicing the masses.

This is what I am thinking too,unfortunatley.
So much is happening at such a quick rate at the moment,wars,economic catastrophe,swine flu etc.
Its an assault on the senses of us all.
And quite possibly a massive diversionary operation to hide god knows what from us.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker

What I am confused about is the last sentence more fear mongering or have they have stopped counting number of deaths from swine flu. What in the world does this mean?

It means "trust us"

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
i think i may just leave my gun unlocked for a few days... this seems to ridiculous. first military vehicle to roll down my block im heading for the hills

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Originally posted by severdsoul
On a nother thought, whats the odds that this move has something to do with things that we have no knowledge of right now?
Something about to happen, that tptb know about but msm and others realy have no clue, solar burst, quake (although dont know how one could know abou that) , incoming metior, other virus, terrorist threat that is real. The swine flu would be a good guise to get things in place before it happend without alerting and panicing the masses.

This is what I am thinking too,unfortunatley.
So much is happening at such a quick rate at the moment,wars,economic catastrophe,swine flu etc.
Its an assault on the senses of us all.
And quite possibly a massive diversionary operation to hide god knows what from us.

My theory is, Obama is about to Disclose an alien presence amongst us and announce the aliens will be collecting our weapons and administering the mandatory H1N1 shots.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Or it could mean the virus is embarrassingly harmless in the overall scheme of things (in view of the declaration of a pandemic & potential - now actual - declarations of a state of emergency, which the WHO knew were a real possibility).

As has been mentioned several times already far more people die of the normal flu virus & any number of other viruses throughout the world every year.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I am a police sergeant in a small town in NC. I received a call a few weeks ago from the County Health Department. The lady on the other end of the line wanted to know how many officers we had. She stated that they were trying to make sure they had enough vaccine for health care and public service workers.
I recognized the lady's vioce as one that I worked closely with in the past. So I called her by name and asked her if she thought that the vaccine would become mandatory. Without hesitation she said "absolutey", the confidence with which she gave her answer took me by surprise. I asked her when she thought that would be and she said by the end of October.
Now, I don't know if she knew what she was talking about but its interesting with the most recent developement.

Seeashrink

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyrus
i think i may just leave my gun unlocked for a few days... this seems to ridiculous. first military vehicle to roll down my block im heading for the hills

Dim hills gonna be crowded, folk!
Better take a lot of deoderant...

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wanderingwaldo

How in the heck am I ever supposed to figure out how bad this is; if they replace numbers with terms like widespread. If they do not count all the deaths? Are we soon going to hear; death from the swine flu is widespread? I am telling you if I hear this CDC better be prepared for me to stay on until they give me answers!
I am not just going to trust the government.
How the heck do we have a recession, the swine flu and miltary conflicts all at once? Was I living under a rock for decades or things really getting worse in the past few years and even past year?
Talk about rapid cycling! (in reference to the mayan calender cycling.)

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
man what a thing to wake up to ... i popped on the news made some coffee signed into ats and WTF!?!?! lol im sure im going to have a bad day

[edit on 24-10-2009 by conspiracyrus]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Brilliant,

The PTB bring in a minority popular leader to help take away civil rights. Sounds about right, a scheme implemented by those who "really" get off on causing harm to others.

They do not want you to know the truth. Hurry just do what we suggest or even force you to do. We know best, we will send the checks, give you unemployment.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by IntelRetard]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

The problem with your post that I see is that there actually "was" a Katrina!! None of the early reponses to H1N1 have been commensurate with the affects of this flu.
Seeashrink

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retikx
If you're smart. You will come up here to Canada for a while eh.

We wont make you take any shots.

Well that's not entirely true. Canada has recently updated our public health act also.

Swine flu may test quarantines, school closures

(August 3, 2009)

A resurgence of swine flu anticipated this fall could test new provincial powers that include being able to place sick people under quarantine in their homes and shut down schools.

Many provinces have passed updated public health acts in recent years to give them the right to do whatever a medical health officer feels is necessary to curb the spread of a communicable disease.

None of the powers has been used so far in the new H1N1 outbreak, but that could change if the country is hit with another wave of the flu, says Manitoba's top health official.

www.cbc.ca...

Here's the link to Manitoba's New Public Health Act, which is the same for all of Canada.
www.gov.mb.ca...

Q: Under the revised legislation, how extensive are the powers to enforce quarantine and other protective measures during an outbreak?

A: During an outbreak, many of the enforcement powers of public health officials would be similar to those that already exist.

Medical Officers of Health (MOHs) will be able to order immunization, quarantine, isolation or treatment for individuals who are at risk of spreading serious diseases or health hazards to others. People could also be ordered to stay away from their jobs or other group activities to help control the spread of disease.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I personally don't trust the normal media such as FOX, Sky or CNN, it is very clear that they are completely controlled by the governments. In fact a friend of mine at the Home Office in the UK said that BBC amd Sky News say what the Home Office tells them to say and when to say it.

Anyway, what is the best source of what's going on apart from ATS?

Can we trust people such as Alex Jones or should we listen to Coast 2 Coast AM for our tit bits?

The Police Officer who had the telephone call is the ideal person to let us know what's going on, are there any other people in the know out there either on or not on ATS that we can spread the word?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
So we get a weekend emergency order by the president,

Now according to the news people Friday and the weekend are the days that we basically do not pay attention to the news. So they slip in this BS. and Monday S ---- hits the fan.

If tomorrow we get this bank closing crap that has been rumored, we are really fueling our CT fires.

I live in the Houston area, and I know a few friends that have either had the H1N1 or their kids did. For them it was just another Flu. No emergency, just feel like crap.

It may only be coincidence, but we were warned of this coming early on in the year throughout various conversations with different people. The powers enacted are serious, they have real consequences in them if this incident gets over played.

Lets see what tomorrow banking news occurs, then maybe its time to panic.

I think Ill go get a few bottles of water and some Hurricane supplies, just in case.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
"Worldwide, more than 5,000 people have reportedly died from swine flu since it emerged this year and developed into a global epidemic, the World Health Organization said Friday. Since most countries have stopped counting individual swine flu cases, the figure is considered an underestimate."
This comes from the web site below:

www.nbcactionnews.com...

Whether it's true or not isn't even the biggest issue. Prior to the arrival of the vaccine, symptoms were reported by the CDC as "mild" with the "possibility" of it getting more severe.

Suddenly, once the vaccine hit the states, they were reporting very high number of deaths in children and now others.

How dare they withhold this information from the public. IF people are dying, we have a right to know -- regardless of whether or not the vaccine is available.

IF they aren't using accurate numbers, but instead are inflating them in order to create more urgency, that is just as abhorrent.

Again, where were all of these dying people prior to the release of the vaccine?

Also, if the vaccine is so safe, since it is produced in the same way by the same pharm companies that produce every other vaccine, why would the pharm companies need immunity from possible side effects THIS TIME?

This is just not adding up to anything good.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfpack 51

aye just got my BoB out its right next to the front door. Man what terrible news...So yeah i saw CNN's 20 second spot for the emergency, looks like someone wants it kept quiet.

The thing that bothers me is .... are they going to be that overt about it? with all the anti government hype lately .... are they just going to lay out the cards now? sounds like a colossally stupid idea.

im still split on this one ... but im definitely ready

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
reply to post by dreamseeker

Or it could mean the virus is embarrassingly harmless in the overall scheme of things (in view of the declaration of a pandemic & potential - now actual - declarations of a state of emergency, which the WHO knew were a real possibility).

As has been mentioned several times already far more people die of the normal flu virus & any number of other viruses throughout the world every year.

True enough.

Then please explain to me why we need military at the ready to administer the vaccine, a national state of emergency, immunity for the pharm. companies from any side effects, mandatory vaccines for health care workers, etc.?

It makes no sense. The numbers just do not justify all of this hoopla.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join