It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Swine Flu 'National Emergency'

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Night Watchman
There are legitimate reasons for declaring a National Emergency.

Absolutely. People should read the thread in the Swine Flu forum about this. Some ATS members' family members are very sick with this. For them, this is an emergency. And the president declaring such makes it easier for them to get what they need.

But the sky is not falling, as some would think (hope?). It's just the government doing what it is supposed to do. Take care of the people.

I notice the lack of stars on your post.

I guess you were not being hysterical enough - for shame!!

This reminds me of pretty much every event which involves wide spread problems for society. People see the amount of effort put into containing it, and scream about wasting tax payers money on pointless efforts, because there is no real problem and they berate any such efforts as sheer voodoo. AND then when nothing bad happens they clap their hands in snide smuggery at the lies told and that they were so smart in their knowledge prior.

They never stop to think that perhaps the amount of effort put in place by those they deride, was the reason there was no outcome.

And no logic will ever dissuade them from thinking so.

Popcorn anyone?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

These are the powers Obama now has..

[edit on 25-10-2009 by infinite]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by oneclickaway
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

But the sky is not falling, as some would think (hope?). It's just the government doing what it is supposed to do. Take care of the people.

And since when has the government looking after it's people ever been a priority? Some will never wake up. When your door is kicked in and you are dragged off you will still be clutching your photo of Obama and shouting that it is for your own good.

Factless hysterical outbursts FTW - note the stars this garnered.

And pretty much nothing more than a personal attack.

Where am I page 3?

best be off, it goes downhill form here I believe...

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

And then again, when was the last time the "government did something that was for the benefit fo the population of this nation" see you fail to see that when it comes to historical facts our government has not done anything that is not in their best private interest benefit for a long, long time.

People just doesn't trust the corporate run government we have right now, see too much billions of dollars flowing under the tables of democracy this days, to enrich the coffers of the few

[edit on 25-10-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

HOLY SH-!

So the time has come for the American's...where are your militias? where are your anarchists? where are these so called "patriots"?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

I asked my Uncle in British Military Intelligence about any juicy gossip on base down at and he told me that a box went by his unit at RAF Menwith Hill 3 weeks ago with arabic on the top which he translated as "With God my strength lies, may the fallen arise once more" and english down the side saying "Property of US Government" he told me that he tried to open it and his hand singed so he backed off and let it continue. He said whatever it was just being near it for 10 minutes made him feel physically sick. He told me the same evening it was shipped in a
US C-130 to Langley AFB, Virginia via RAF Lakenheath(Home of the USAF 48th Fighter Wing) , then the files were deleted like no one was to know something was shipped.
Make of that what you will. Now with all the talk of swine flu having a new virus strain or a nuke beneath Washington D.C it's worrying me and him now.

[edit on 17/05/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

Sadly it sounds like a whole lot of them are tucked up in bed with the flu right about now-or soon will be...
Like I said earlier,what better time to pull something like this national emergency/dictatorial powergrab than when everyone is either sick or looking after sick family members.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
reply to post by minkey53

I asked my Uncle in British Military Intelligence about any juicy gossip on base down at and he told me that a box went by his unit at RAF Menwith Hill 3 weeks ago with arabic on the top which he translated as "With God my strength lies, may the fallen arise once more" and english down the side saying "Property of US Government" he told me that he tried to open it and his hand singed so he backed off and let it continue. He said whatever it was just being near it for 10 minutes made him feel physically sick. He told me the same evening it was shipped in a
US C-130 to Langley AFB, Virginia via RAF Lakenheath(Home of the USAF 48th Fighter Wing) , then the files were deleted like no one was to know something was shipped.
Make of that what you will. Now with all the talk of swine flu having a new virus strain or a nuke beneath Washington D.C it's worrying me and him now.

[edit on 17/05/09 by Raider of Truth]

Crikey mate,If theres any truth in what you just said,you may want to pack a bag and head for the hills...that sounds like some serious secret stuff,which may warrant a visit from some men in dark suits.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I've been thinking that myself the last few days :/, I'm off College for a week.. i might head to the Scottish Highlands, i know a nice little cottage deep in the woods. Think i should be worried though? or is it just Paranoia.
I haven't heard from my uncle for a couple days last he spoke to me he said he was fine and that they were just uploading information to Helmand

I was thinking.. Iran nuclear plants>UN want inspectors in> suicide bomb kills 6 senior commanders and 10 tribal leaders and Iran blames US and UK>Iran promises swift vengeance> inspectors go in, then add what my uncle said into the mix an arabic crate...it's seriously making me consider legging it north

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

not as clever at posting links I will try.............in regards to FEMA

hardtruth.navhost.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Crikey mate,If theres any truth in what you just said,you may want to pack a bag and head for the hills...that sounds like some serious secret stuff,which may warrant a visit from some men in dark suits.

IF there is any truth to the claim that his uncle attempted to open a top secret box then I would say his uncle is no longer with us.

No offense but I call BS on this one.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Yeah hopefully his Uncle was just making it up,for a laugh.
The other possibility I do not want to think about.

Back on topic,the global media do seem to finally be covering the national emergency situation in the USA,I now get approx 162 000 results when I type "swine flu national emergency declared" into google:

www.google.co.uk...:en-GB
fficial&client=firefox-a

But still we are not getting any real information through about what powers are now avalible to the president.
Its all just "This will help sort out the flu crisis"-Its a lot more than that as the information contained within this thread has proved.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

The National Emergencies Act list the powers now at the disposal of the President.

If you are a patient of Swine Flu, as I said before, the Bill of Rights no longer applies to you. All Federal regulations, regarding privacy, are not valid any more.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I heard on my local news raidio station last night that the reason for this is to be able to set up different protocols for infected patients and quarantine centers for the ill.

I do not know what has changed other than for instance our local hospital only has one quarantine room, and that is because it has its own air filtration system, but nurses still comein and caretake patients, and the cleaning crews come in and clean then go off to other rooms in the hospital.

If this did go viral and even more deadly it would be a good idea to have a system inplace for the critically ill patients, someplace away from the regular hospitals, but still and all I would probably take my chances at home but that raises a whole new set of problems to be addressed, one being responsibility if a loved one dies and you did not take them to a quarantine center for the best medical care in their eyes.

I dont know, from what we know about this virus it is just not warranting the kind of attention and preparedness this is creating. So is something else coming down the pike or is all hype and scare tactics?

I just dont know, all I can do is sit and watch and try to stay as informed as possible from my end.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

The C Span vid you posted earlier was informative.Its the dreaded PDD-51/NSPD 51 that bush installed which is now being used-am I correct?

www.google.co.uk...:en-GB
fficial&client=firefox-a

PDD-51 was at the time of its "invention" by Bush,hailed as proof of his plans to initiate martial law in America by many alternative news sites/dreaded conspiracy theorists.

And now,it is actually being implemented by the Obama administration.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

The fact privacy is being made valid, during this emergency, it is likely the sick will be documented and listed by the Federal Government. A dictatorial power has been given to the Health Secretary; anyone deemed ill or a potential victim of this illness can be removed from the population into quarantine.

Patient approval will not be sought or wanted.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I believe it becomes active when an emergency is announced. Yes. But we at ATS need to investigate to ensure my claim is accurate.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I may give Alex Jones a listen on tonights show,that is if he still does a Sunday show...been a long while since I heard his program,but it may be interesting to hear his take on the situation...that is if he can resist bragging about how he predicted this event years ago,and if he has not been carted off to a FEMA camp yet.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Also,

At least two constitutional rights are subject to revocation during a state of emergency:

* The right of habeas corpus, under Article 1, Section 9;
* The right to a grand jury for members of the National Guard when in actual service, under Fifth Amendment.

National Emergencies Act

In theory, due to the President giving the Health Department control over patients rights and movement (without their permission) ;

Habeas Corpus is now officially suspended

[edit on 25-10-2009 by infinite]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

I'm hoping he was just having a laugh myself :/ but he sounded genuine especially the detail into where it took off and it's destination plus as i said before i havent heard from him for a couple days now.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join