It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Declares National Medical Emergency on H1N1 Flu

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
everyone remain calm!!! do not panic!! everything will be back to normal in about 5-6 hour. this thread will disappear and we will resume our daily obama-sucks-and-here-is-why thread shortly.

I dont see anyone panicking. I just see a lot of curious people who sense there is something wrong with this picture. Makes me happy to see thinking people.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Wow, everyone, this thread was amazing. To each and everyone of you I am giving stars. Even to the couple that, I believe, are just afraid and just do not like to be reminded of that.

From Dune-

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

See Government, this is how you discuss things. Not avoidance, attack, obfuscation, denial but research and discussion.

Maybe you can learn something from your bosses.

Mod Edit: Posting work written by others, please review this link

[edit on 24/10/09 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

Gave me a chuckle their. I usually am not one that attacks individuals in government. I usually go after the entire unit. Individuals are not effective. It takes the majority to destroy this country, and they have done a pretty good job of it the last 25 years.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

It is through will alone.

I set my mind in motion.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
According to this site there have been 382 deaths worldwide from the swine flu. To me there is just no justification to declare an emergency of this kind for that small of a number.

Also the reported number of infections in the U.S. compared to the rest of the world seems out of balance. Why so many in America?

www.disabled-world.com...

Oh well... Making another trip to Save-A-Lot today to spend another $100.00 before my money is no good next week.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
"It increases the ability of treatment facilities to handle a surge in H1N1 patients by easing the implementation of emergency plans."

See? This is what I don't understand about declaring the flu a national emergency.

HOW will making a statement increase the amount of health care personnel available to treat the expected influx of sick people?

HOW will simply speaking increase the amount of vaccines available or stores of Tamiflu?

HOW will a mere human utterance allow treatment facilities to handle a surge in patients?

What exactly do they mean by "easing" regulations? Does that mean that HIPPA patient privacy laws no longer apply? Does it mean the staff no longer will be required to wash their hands?

My concern with "easing federal regulations" is that the regulations being "eased" will actually be the U.S. Constitutional rule of law.

Barry the Wonder Boy has no innate power or gift to stop a virus in it's tracks no matter how much hope and change he promised the buggers.

Some good questions. I watched one discussion a little while ago that basically said if a Doctor is visiting from another state, he can go and work at a facility he is not licensed to work in, for instance.

Also, all of the pre-approval needed for insurcance/Medicare?Medicaid, etc is now no longer required. You just drive up get your shot and drive off. They can expand from the hospital proper to the parking lots... and beyond. Yeah. Thats the ticket, and beyond.

Just one of the explanations I heard.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Cripes, here we go, this is it, never again, goddamn, F@ck, and Egads.

This is where things get interesting.

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24/10/09 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I'm aware the Secretary's Declaration was first implemented in April, but, it was rolled over in July and Oct...

The statute has 30/60/90 day rollover powers that are being continued and added to as it ~evolves~

...just a FYI...

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Think this is another false flag the swine flu has all but disappeared in Scotland whereas before we where in the epicentre in Britain. they can shove their vaccine right up their arse

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I've not been through all the posts in both threads I've seen about this, but is there a distinction between "National Emergency" and "State of Emergency" and "Medical Emergency"?

I think it would be wise to review exactly what Obama has implemented, terminology wise, what powers it grants to various parts of Government, before we all dive into the conspiracy theory.

We all know how government loves its "definitions" and "interpretations". The difference of one word and its meaning could be the difference between the SHTF and a routine act to benefit people.

I'm not defending Obama here, I am as suspicious as the rest of you, and I don't like him much since he destroyed the hope people had in him by carrying on the Bush regime. I also don't appreciate the posters who are clearly "give him time" people (excuses much?)

Fact is, he's let billions of people down, destroyed all hope in government being for the people, he lied, it's a fact.

But let's make sure we have the definitions of the terminology and the intentions of government right first.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by detachedindividual]

[edit on 24-10-2009 by detachedindividual]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 12212012

Do you drink it? Inject it?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Look, Obama's gestapo is not going to start showing up at your doors. Get real.

The "national emergency" language is not starting martial law.

However, we are slipping down that slope that all of us have seen coming. Does that end in gestapo and martial law? Well... it appears that we will find out.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by Iago18]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
SO, now that he has declared this National Emergency on H1N1, does that mean it will not be lifted until they completely get rid of H1N1? CUZ I dont think it will disappear any time soon. Especially since it defies all laws of seasons like the other flu's do.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Anyone thought about the 8th november disclosure stuff ?
What if both were related, like some insiders knew this would happen, therefore they chose this date not so far from this announcment to prevent it to go further ?

Maybe it will encourage ETs to come forward ?

It will maybe sounds harsh but i am very glad to hear this news, it means i m not crazy and what i logically deduct through my researches is right.

Something will be happening soon !

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
About that link to the FDA and FTC threatening legal action against natural remedies for the swine flu...

www.infowars.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Wow! I didn't know it worked that way!(Thanks ATS)
I thought making one of those links required some kind of computer-know-how that I am in such short supply of!
Other sites don't do that!
Another reason I now have for liking this site even more!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by northof8

There have been 5000 deaths worldwide. Thats 10,000 deaths annually worldwide. Thats 0.004 % of the world population if you take the world pop to be 8 billion.

In the US 1000 people have died from this flu in 6 months which means 2000 people every year. Compare that to the 1,789 people who die EVERY DAY from heart disease and you'll see that to declare a state of emergency is unwarranted and unnecessary.

www.cdc.gov...

(652,091 deaths in 2008 divided by 365 days=1,789 deaths per day)

I'm not saying ithis is going to be a big deal but it does line up with the late october timewave dip that was discussed here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There was discussion how this timewave dip corresponds to an identical pattern from late july 1942, the first time Jews were rounded up by the Nazis. The timewave doesn't predict events but resonates the "flavors" of history. I could see the US quarantining the infected or entire cities. This of course will be for "our safety" much like the Patriot Act and FISA. This could be a use for the FEMA camps that reportedly exist.

Anyways, I wanted wanted to put this "outbreak" in perspective and show with hard numbers that the declaration of national emergency is outlandish and irresponsible. Especially considering the civil rights that can be voided by such a declaration

en.wikipedia.org...

Stay Aware. Be Prepared.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

reply to post by Sheeper

I believe a few on this thread have touched base on what I assume is a possibility. Mercury, adjuvents, squalene add to these fluoride, chlorine, aspartame, sodium laureth sulfate, aluminum, barium etc etc etc.

A cumulative affect of poisons have been destroying the American people's immune system.

This emergency, I believe, has nothing to do with the virus. Like everyone has said, this flu is less virulent than any other flu.

Divide and Conquer.

Fear is one of their largest weapons.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join