It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Declares National Medical Emergency on H1N1 Flu

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by RoyalCanadian

Enough people refuse..... and YES!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
There are 72 military/ police/ private corporation "fusion centers" in the US.

There are 72 cities in the Cities Readiness Initiative. The CRI uses this Rand paper:
www.rand.org...
as its blueprint for mass vaccination (it says "antibiotics" but the paper explicitly says vaccines also - don't want us catching on too easily, eh?)

from www.cidrap.umn.edu...

TextOct 15, 2008 (CIDRAP News) – The Rand Corp., responding to a request from the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), recently unveiled a set of proposed standards for cities to use as they establish plans to distribute antibiotics to the public in the event of a bioterrorist attack or other public health emergency. The 133-page technical report, which appears on Rand's Web site, covers four main topics: the number and location of points of dispensing (PODs), internal POD operations, staffing, and security. PODs are places where members of the public would go to receive antibiotics or other countermeasures in an emergency. The Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness Act of 2006 requires HHS to develop performance standards for public health preparedness, and the HHS Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR) asked Rand to develop the proposed standards, according to the report. The standards are geared toward 72 cities that take part in the federal government's Cities Readiness Initiative (CRI), a program launched by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in 2004 to prepare major cities and metropolitan areas to distribute antibiotics from the Strategic National Stockpile within 48 hours of a federal order to release them.

You might recall hearing about CIDRAP due to its director, Michael Osterholm, being one of the principal cheerleaders of swine flu vaccination.

The list of cities is here.
www.bt.cdc.gov...

Rural areas will get their meds mailed to them.

This is govt "proof" of the mass vaccination plan. Whether or not they implement the plan is debatable, but there is unquestionably a plan and it is very real.

Lately, there has been a chorus of articles with "the vaccine distribution system is broken" meme, including Mike Osterholm, Cidrap director, implying this. What they are getting at is that they want to implement/readying people to accept, the Rand Paper, Cities Readiness Initiative plan.
Obama's declaration of natl emergency over swine flu is another step toward this plan.

The Rand paper is long. My "book report" of it is :www.theflucase.com...
---------
more on the fusion centers:

www.dhs.gov...

There are currently 72 fusion centers up and running around the country (a substantial increase from 38 centers in 2006). ...
Therefore we will emphasize collaboration with interagency partners in some areas, including:
· Analysis of Weapons of Mass Destruction. I&A will maintain a focused, senior in-house expertise and ensure surge capacity, in coordination with the FBI.
· Violent Radicalization. I&A will realign to collaborate with the National Counterterrorism Center and other federal agencies for substantive reporting on violent radicalization.
· Domestic Terrorism. I&A will work with the FBI and other law enforcement partners to identify analytic and other reporting relevant to our state, local and tribal consumer base.
· Health Security. I&A will work closely with the DHS Office of Health Affairs, in addition to the Departments of Health and Human Services and Defense as well as other relevant agencies, to identify analytic and other relevant reporting.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by jcrash]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Ok...my common sense says that this has been blown out of proportion and I don't trust it when things get blown out of proportion - because they lead to bad decisions like the bail out.

YEs, H1n1 can be bad in some cases - and can cause death in some.

But I think - don't have the stats - that more people probably die in car wrecks in a few weeks than die of h1n1 in a year? I saw 7 people die at once in a car wreck one time...could have been me...I was one car back...

I don't see anyone suspending the constitution because of car wrecks or considering THEM national emergencies. NO one has even tried to make sure poor people get air bags.

My friend is scared to death her and her child will die of h1n1. Her baby has the flu and has been running a 99 degree fever. She's terrified. She drives to work every day and doesn't think about the risk much?

Do they think America is so weak that we are going to freak out if a few people die of the flu? Are we?

....deer in the headlights here....and how many deer get killed in wrecks for that matter.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Honestly, I don't understand what all the hype is about regarding the H1N1.

I work in a hospital and I'll tell you that as far as I know, we haven't had any admissions due to H1N1. However, I will tell you that in the past year, I've never seen so many drug overdoses and intentional suicide attempts in my life. It's so sad... we must get 3-4 overdoses and/or suicide attempts a week in my small hospital. Why are they not reporting on THAT in the news??

Go figure, people are so desperate that they're attempting suicide in droves, but that doesn't even get mentioned. Instead, they're reporting on the H1N1 like it's the next plague.

I'll start to worry about H1N1 if we start seeing deaths at my hospital, or even hospital admissions due to the flu, but right now, it's just an annoying flu. One of my co-worker's kids had it, but she's fine now. One of my friends had it, but she's fine now. It's just a flu.

Plus, I wouldn't worry about mandatory shots. They can't even get enough vaccine produced to give it to the people who DO want it, let alone force it on the people who don't want it.

I used to be worried about mandatory vaccinations (I won't take vaccines), but that was before the supply problem started. We haven't even got one shipment of H1N1 vaccine yet, so I seriously doubt mandatory vaccines will even be possible, even if they are thought of.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Normally I don't buy into things like the Timewave Zero and the Web Bot type prophecies, but reading this morning that something was supposed to happen this weekend and then getting a tweet that Obama had declared a National Emergency over Swine Flu? Well lets just say I'm a little more open to the idea that maybe there is something there. Could this be what they were suggesting?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
All I can say is make sure your body mind and spirit are on high allert , but don't panic. Just be ready for anything and make sure your backpack is up too date.

link   
reply to post by slyce

Yeah just remember that they need fear to function. Without it, the general populace would realize that they are bigger and stronger than "big" government.

Selected Quote (Star Wars):
TAGGE: That's impossible! How will the Emperor maintain control without the bureaucracy?

TARKIN: The regional governors now have direct control over territories. Fear will keep the local systems in line. Fear of this battle station.

Just try to remember that when they make an example of someone in order to keep you all in line.

link   
reply to post by hadriana

Panic and crisis is a wonderful thing to the government.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/04fff2af2ca3.jpg[/atsimg]
“Never let a serious crisis go to waste.”
– Rahm Emmanuel
White House Chief of Staff

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24/10/09 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Great.....

Can anyone answer why this was declared on a Saturday? Just another day I guess, but to declare it on a Saturday... Is odd. Markets are closed... Most people are not working... Why a Saturday.... Weekend news always interests me, in that most weekends are well, not news worthy.

2nd. I remember watching CNN weeks ago, and they were interviewing a reporter who was in Afghanistan, who caught the flu, more specifically H1N1.

The part that struck me as odd, was they also had a doctor on, who said and I quote, H1N1 is the "only" flu strain circulating the US at the moment. How does that make sense? How could normal seasonal flu disappear and make way just for H1N1? Which lead me to believe that they were going to report every Flu case as H1N1 (deaths and all). I can only wonder how many cases of H1N1 has killed vs. Normal Flu this year.

To declare an emergency on a Fly that has killed 1000 is foolish. Why not declare the emergency for the normal flu, aids...

So Obama has declared a National Emergency on a Saturday... And for all those who do not understand why this is monumental...

Let us not forget George W. Bush's:

"National Security and Homeland Security Presidential Directive"

en.wikipedia.org...

Many people feared that Bush would use it to become dictator before the 2008 election. Well here's the first National Emergency since the creation of this directive.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama declared the swine flu outbreak a national emergency and empowered his health secretary to suspend federal requirements and speed treatment for thousands of infected people. The declaration that Obama signed late Friday authorized Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius to bypass federal rules so health officials can respond more quickly to the outbreak, which has killed more than 1,000 people in the United States.

The goal is to remove bureaucratic roadblocks and make it easier for sick people to seek treatment and medical providers to provide it immediately. That could mean fewer hurdles involving Medicare, Medicaid or health privacy regulations

Read on www.newsmax.com...

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24/10/09 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by shinjiikari2839

Here is a gif I have been working on. Not quite done but heck, Captain Trips is here.

[Hand bell ringing]
Bring out your dead, Bring out your dead.
He's coming for you Larry.(this is the scene on previous sentence)
The dark one, he's coming.
Bring out your dead, Bring out your dead.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d1d8915f6ca.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

I think what he ment was that the H1N1 is the only predominate flu going around right now, like you said flu is seasonal, and H1N1 is outside of the normal flu season.

What we have are two flu seasons this year, the H1N1 and on its heels (coming up like now lol) the regular flu season.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Don't read to much into it, basically they want everybody to take the vaccine. If it's poison, our ancestors will sue them one day!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Bad Dog

I'm on DAY 9!! H1N1 has reached my lungs, I'm on an antibiotic, as I have asthma, and I'm extremely dehydrated. Drinking up to six bottles of water daily. Not much appetite.

I was suspicious of this virus when it first showed last spring. BUT, it's here, it's real, and it isn't fun! I'm 62 years old, and I thought I would be somewhat immune to this virus. I've been through Asian flu, Hong Kong flu, and had the swine vaccine in 1976. And now, this.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by shinjiikari2839
reply to post by slyce

Yeah just remember that they need fear to function. Without it, the general populace would realize that they are bigger and stronger than "big" government.

Your right. I should go back to watching Dr. Phil. Nothing wrong here.

Judging by the lame amount of flags for this thread, compared to the
brevity of the news,

99.9% of America has taken your government packaged piece of advice, and
simply can't wait for the next baseball game.

Good job, checks in the mail.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The thing is THEY caused this recent explosion - didn't they? They came out with FLUMIST first - which is live and which people shed - so they make the quick explosion then they claim that we need some national emergency.
Jeez I feel like we are being played, played played.

We might want to get the backpacks ready, but make sure to leave room for ammo.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Something is cooking and it doesn't smell good. Reminds me of when I was a little kid in Bosnia during the early 90's and 90% of the people were certain that no war could possibly ever take place and the other 10% that was telling people to get the hell out of the country were ignored. End result: 200,000 innocent souls dying, 2 million refugees like myself who have left everything they ever had behind them. God help us all.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by xAZIMUTHpx

I just hope this isn't the precursor to the-

Bank Holiday

Coming to a bank near you!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by aero56

Hang in there! Will keep you in prayers as well..its so random, you are my parents age and they both also had the 70's flu vaccine.

My mother just got over the swine flu (they were both put on tamiflu), but my dad is fine and never got sick...neither have asthma or other health problems..its so random like a tornado going through a neighborhood, there is no reason at all my dad shouldn't have gotten sick as well.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I can just picture the smirking Rahm Emmanuel standing
behind the Big "O" as he proclaims Martial Law...err I mean
a National Emergency!

I can't trust the man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join