It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Declares National Medical Emergency on H1N1 Flu

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Even people on MSNBC are seeing the government as against us. Obama's real approval rating is probably more like 40% if even that high.

You are correct his approval rating has really dropped. Unfortunately it is not as low as it should be. Thanks to Obama and the Federal reserve, our currency has been trashed. I think all the hoopla about the flu is to take attention off how badly Congress, the Fed and Obama are screwing up our economy so they can "shear the sheeple" the same way they did in the 1930's. If they did not have the flu and the health care bill, people might actually figure out that Congress is filled with TRAITORS intent on handing over control of the USA to International Organizations. Our food via USDA and FDA have already been handed over to the World Trade Organization. That is why we now import diseased food, plants and animals while US testing labs are shut down.

Paul Craig Roberts former Assistant Secretary of the Treasury said the following and I whole heartedly agree:

I am amazed that the US government, in the midst of the worst financial crises ever, is content for short-selling to drive down the asset prices that the government is trying to support....The bald fact is that the combination of ignorance, negligence, and ideology that permitted the crisis to happen still prevails and is blocking any remedy. Either the people in power in Washington and the financial community are total dimwits or they are manipulating an opportunity to redistribute wealth from taxpayers, equity owners and pension funds to the financial sector. www.countercurrents.org...

Here is the current Presidential Tracking Poll for today

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Sunday shows that 30% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Forty percent (40%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -10 Link

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I'm wondering if this bug is spreading faster than expected now.

I'm here in the Denver area at a Howard Jonson hotel, and there are a heck of a lot of sick people... Maybe it is just common colds or flu, I'm usually not a paranoid person, but I've been staying away from the lobby and restaurant... People coughing, sneezing and are obviously sick. Too many of them, and too many kids.

Most of these people are traveling through the area, not from here. It has been quite cold and snowing in the area.

Weird.

I can't wait to get the hell out of here tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I have not read through the whole thread. Sorry, in case I am repeating :

German n-TV talks of one thousand swine flu fatalities in the US up to now.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
The current idiots in Washington have to realize that the Wars and the Economy is what they should be worrying about. All of the other crap is misdirection and bull.

I agree that they should be concerned with the war and the economy, but Obama has a lot more on his plate than those two items. That's just reality today. The president has to be able to multi-task like you cannot believe. Just because Obama's getting a briefing on the flu and signing a paper declaring it an emergency so people can get the help they need more easily doesn't mean that it takes time away from other important issues.

Everything the One promised have been completely ignored to just help the Mega Corps, Banks and the other elitists.

Sorry, I don't buy it. He's kept 49 promises in 9 months.

Obama Promises

And yes I like to exaggerate and sensationalize things sometimes.

That's cool.
I like to rain on parades sometimes.

Originally posted by infinite
Question: If it was President Bush issuing this proclamation, would you still have the same opinion?

When Bush declared a National Emergency for 9/11, I completely trusted him and I supported him. I totally supported us going into Afghanistan. Once I learned what I consider to be the truth about 9/11, I would never again trust George Bush or anyone in his administration. I gave him a chance. He lost me. So, I would have to say that it would depend on the time and circumstances. If it was after I learned the truth about 9/11, then absolutely not. I wouldn't trust him if he said the sun was going to rise in the East.

But I've been in your shoes. I Know How You Feel.

So far, I have a certain amount of trust for Obama, much like I had for Bush in the early years. What's different for me is that I like, respect, admire and trust Obama (as much as I could any politician). That wasn't true for Bush. So I'm giving Obama a chance. Bush had his chance and he blew it big time. I hope that answers your question.

Right now, ATS is abuzz and conspiracy theorists all over the Internet are going crazy, but in a few days, the hysteria will be over and we'll be looking at the next big story in the news.

Sometimes a state of National Emergency is legitimately called for. Sometimes it's the right thing to do. Sometimes it's NOT so the president can make a power grab and take over the world!

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I just don't know what to think anymore. I have thought this whole pandemic thing is a bunch of hype. I've thought, I'm not taking the shot to protect myself because I don't trust the safety of them, etc, etc. But this past Thursday my co-worker received the horrible news that her 3 year old grandaughter died....you guessed it... from the swine flu. Needless to say she is devastated and I am in a quandry. Do I take the shot, does my wife? More importantly, I have a 4 year old grandaughter! I just do not know what to think anymore. What do I do? What do I recommend my daughter to do for my grandaughter?!

---hunger

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
guess evryone forgot about the NSPD-51...enacted by bush and never touched by obama.....one opened the door for the other

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by wanderingwaldo

An Army investigation found that soldiers should not have been sent to man traffic stops in a small Alabama town after 11 people were killed in March during a shooting spree.

Waldo, thanks for showing us this story. It ties a lot of the separate facts together and shows us what we can expect in the future. As I said last night. Swine flu and the Health Care bill are the circuses used to divert attention while the bankers finish raping the USA and the rest of the world.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Q_Llama

Yeah right..It's a national emergency! It's a national emergency! It's a level 6 pandemic! It's a level 6 pandemic! Killer virus! Killer virus!

That err...kills less people than garden lawnmowers do every year...
That kills WAY less people than alcohol (100's of thousands)

That kills WAY less than tobacco (100's of thousands)
That kills WAY less people than hypothermia (Insufficient heating, upwards of 100's of thousands)
I could go on with things like heart disease, diabetes, cancers, strokes, road traffic accidents, and thousands of other common things hundreds of thousands of people die of annually, but you get the idea.

Don't see many national emergencies 'proclaimed' for any of these, do we.

Malaria kills upwards of a MILLION people around the world every - single - year...no WHO emergency meetings about that.

The 'allies' have killed around 1.5 MILLION men, women and children in the Gulf and in Afghanistan since the wars began...but that's ok, it's war!

Let's get all emergency orientated and suspend our rights over 5000 deaths, WORLDWIDE many of which are probably not even due to the H1N1 virus, but other Pneumonia and influenza type infections.

As has been reported by the CDC themselves, anyone dying of these type of conditions are automatically lumped in together under the H1N1 running death total!! (WHAT?!!) yes, i know, crazy.

Isn't anyone protesting about what is going on in America? Are there no professional groups taking legal action about all of this, citing the obvious flaws and inconsistencies with this issue?

I would have though out of anyone in the world, you Americans wouldn't take this kind of treatment without at least causing a huge stink about it!
But i'm not hearing of mass demonstrations, protests, lobbying congress, who if i understand your system correctly, have the power to overturn the presidents emergency proclamation?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

YOu should come to the south here in GA because we have been living life everyday as usual, I guess paranoia has not hit us here in the south that bad yet.

The swine flu is nothing but the biggest hoax created to bailout the big pharma.

Where are the Mexico deaths after all they have been going on with their lives after the big hit last year and without no vaccine.

I guess Mexico is forgotten now been ground Zero for the swine flu because now the profits have to come out from the America pockets.

Do the math, 1000 people dying from flu in the US in one year since the swine flu was mysteriously found in Mexico is peanuts, still nobody in the big scam wants to really tell how this people die and from what complications.

Colds and flus are part of the natural enviroment and we get sick everyday, with a good mulitimillion propganda now everybody that gets sick is the swine flu fault.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
CBS Reveals that Swine Flu Cases Seriously Overestimated

Is the CDC Purposely Misinforming the Public to Sell More Flu and H1N1 Vaccines?

Conflicts of interest are rampant in the vaccination infrastructure. The same people who are regulating and promoting vaccines are also evaluating vaccine safety.

For instance, Dr. Paul Offit of the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia earned at least $29 million as part of a $182-million sale by the hospital of its worldwide royalty interest in the Merck Rotateq vaccine. He also formerly sat on the CDC's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) to help create the market for rotavirus vaccine

This type of conflict of interest has been going on for some time.

In August 1999, the Committee on Government Reform initiated an investigation into Federal vaccine policy. During the investigation the Committee extensively reviewed financial disclosure forms and related documents and interviewed key officials from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the CDC.

articles.mercola.com...

When money is involved the greed take cares of anything else.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Local San Antonio news this am stated "Flu cases in South Texas are down."

It seems to be hittig specific areas and as marg says,it's "life as usual" n many others.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Are you kidding or what?

You really see nothing wrong with the sWINe flu picture? At all?

I suggest, for your own benefit, that you do some serious research with your eyes wide open.

Unless of course you have a gullible nature and trust pharma firms, politicians and their cronies 100%. If you believe everything that is being told to you by 'those on high', without question - you deserve everything you get.

And you have the nerve to call people who question and do not take what they are told as the absolute truth, sheeple? You have that around the wrong way i'm afraid.

I will not entertain going over the REAMS and reams of evidence of foul play in this whole debacle for your benefit, if you refuse to open your eyes at this stage of proceedings you will probably not be receptive to any evidence and frankly, common sense regarding this.

Good luck to you and yours, i think you'll need it.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

None of your examples are contagious. That's one factor that makes this an emergency. It has the potential of spreading through the population as it's highly contagious.

Originally posted by marg6043
The swine flu is nothing but the biggest hoax created to bailout the big pharma.

Now THIS, I could believe. It makes a lot more sense than Obama trying to take over the world by flu.
At the bottom of every big government conspiracy, there's the almighty dollar.

I do find it interesting that this flu is most devastating to our youngest people. Our most vulnerable, the ones who need the most care from the adults. The ones that cannot take care of themselves. I have suspicions about it and I'm certainly not getting the vaccination. But I never get a flu shot.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

ummm there are hospitals and other organizations requiring vaccinations. Have you not heard about that? No vaccine, no job?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

The advent of a missing generation?

The thing that many miss in the big diseases in history is also how much knowledge is lost. Hand to hand knowledge, thinking skills. If a generation of children went missing the next one would not know their grandparents.

I don't think this is that disease, but a disease that targeted children and pregnant women could have this effect.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I also believe that Obama is not trying to take over the world because the economic downfall and the flu made pandemic, but hell he has been very good at backing up all the hoaxes against the American people right now.

Sad that people had forgotten that this swine flu, supposedly came from Mexico or that is what we are been sold, Mexico pandemic is over and without a swine flu vaccine, people needs to take a good look at what is going on here

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
well, well , well....
It appears neither of the Obama girls have gotten the flu shot.

whitehouseblog
President Obama's school age daughters have not been vaccinated against the H1N1 flu virus. White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs says the vaccine is not available to them based on their risk.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

My theory is that it's the fact that our children depend on us and we're more likely to get them the vaccination (as opposed to the elderly, for example) to protect them, and therefore pay the pharmaceutical companies and perhaps keep them from going under or "needing" a government bailout... Plus, people with kids should probably get the vaccine so they don't take a chance with their kids!

If the push for vaccines targeted adults, we'd be more likely to think that we can tough it out or prevent ourselves from getting it. Or if it targeted the elderly, many times, they have no one to take care of them and the government would end up paying for the shots. But our children... well, they're our future. They need us to take proper care of them. Having grandma die of the flu is bad enough, but having a child die of the flu is much more devastating. And they spread it easily in schools...

I don't know, I was just thinking of a more likely scenario for a conspiracy theory than - Obama wants to take over the world so he's giving people the flu so he can declare Martial law, so he can quarantine people and put troops in the street and then.... I don't know. I don't think people have thought out that theory very well.
There's just no sense to it. As I've said, it's illogical and based on hysterial.

It makes rational sense to me that Big Pharma is taking advantage of a new flu strain by pushing its dangers (to children) to the public to sell the vaccines in big numbers when it comes out. Like this:

Source

Child deaths from Swine Flu continued to escalate as the U.S. Centers for Disease control reported a “steep” rise in number of visits to doctors across 46 states from the flu epidemic.

Swine Flu has been confirmed to be the cause of death of 9 children during the week of Oct. 11 to Oct. 17 while two other children also died from influenza A but the virus was not subtyped, although it is suspected to be Swine Flu.

So they're saying that 9 kids died from Swine Flu in a week. 36,000 people die from the regular flu every year. That's nearly 700 people a week if it was spread out over the whole year! 1400 a week if it's spread out over the 6 fall/winter months. Nine in a week is hardly noticeable.

A "steep rise" in Dr. visits could be from Janey's runny nose and mom being afraid it's the Swine Flu.

I also find it interesting that this article lists the 46 states where "influenza like illness activity" has increased. They list 46 states... Wouldn't it be easier to list the 4 where the activity didn't increase? But then you wouldn't have the shock impact of seeing your state listed as a "danger area"... The first thing people are going to do is look for their state on that list.

I don't personally think Swine Flu is worse than any other flu. It may be more contagious. I think it's just another flu. So, while I'm being careful by taking my immune-strengthening herbal tincture and using hand sanitizer, etc, I'm not overly concerned about this flu. In fact, from what I've heard, I'd rather get it than the regular flu.

I suspect Obama declared this National Emergency under some pressure from Big Pharma and the CDC. And also he might be a little concerned that it may actually break out and become epidemic. In that case, we'd want to make sure the ducks were in a row to get people help and get meds to people who became sick.

reply to post by marg6043

I agree, marg. We need to look at it. With a suspicious, logical, open mind. Not by losing our heads and freaking out and running, screaming in the streets.
That serves no one. This targeting of Obama as being behind it all and trying to take over the world by flu is just distracting us from likely what we should be looking at. Follow the money.

Let me apologize to endisnighe for rambling on about logic and such.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join