It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Declares National Medical Emergency on H1N1 Flu

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Damn!!!

Im really hoping they dont pass it into law for the entire country. I for one arent taking it.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RobinB022

Very plausible,and good thinking.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
CHIPPING for the H1N1 ANYONE?
This is serious guys!

VeriChip Corporation and RECEPTORS LLC Announce Webcast Details for Today's Event to Unveil Development Details of Virus Triage Detection System for the H1N1 Virus and In Vivo Glucose-Sensing RFID Mic

news.moneycentral.msn.com.../

[edit on 25-10-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I don't usually post in these forums (for this very reason ) BUT what happens when all this "Swine Flu Conspiracy" 'information' and 'theories' fail? I mean I do not know how many other topics have been BEAT TO DEATH as being the "next great conspiracy"...lol. I mean this is just getting straight up ridiculous, NOTHING is a conspiracy with the Swine Flu ( or H1N1...whatever...).
reply to post by jkrog08

Well,it was the President who declared H1N1 a NATIONAL EMERGENCY,not any of us ATS'ers.Why don't you send your post/comment to him and see how he responds.

All things discussed between two people can be considered a conspiracy,and all are theories only until they are proven as factual.Many have been.You need only research your history to learn of them.There are many links to them right here in the archives.I'm not going to search and provide links because anyone with an interest can do that themselves.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Our doctor told us that even though we all have H1N1 we must still get the vaccine.
reply to post by wonderworld

I heard this too,and I don't understand it at all.I've always been of the understanding that you cannot catch the same strain twice...This makes no sense to me.

I'm speculating that they want to play it safe incase the strain a person had might have been that other than the H1N1,but,only speculation.

---

Also I heard on the news that new vaccines were being made to keep up with the demand.. ..now I can't say exactly what I heard,but they were doing this differently than they did the other vaccines.This all sounded odd to me,but I haven't researched it and don't know anything about it other than this batch was being made faster...Really?

Coulda fooled me

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
There are many things you can learn about government just by reading their webpages. After the declaration of the emergency went out I started reading the cdc, and hhs sites. Ina strange twist of events, there are numerous missing links in the reports about how to respond on a pandemic. I did find this one though, scroll to the bottom.

Flu pandemic response

" * Measures to decrease the transmission of infection

* Individuals may be denied admission to the U.S. if thought to have a communicable disease of public health significance, as defined in CDC regulations. Individuals also may be isolated or quarantined by the Federal Government, or restricted from moving within or between states, if thought to have been exposed to or to be a source of infections to others of a communicable disease listed in an executive order signed by the President.
* State governors generally may restrict travel within their states and access to their states. Individual state law should be consulted to determine permissible exercise of this authority.
* States also may impose quarantine. The Secretary may aid states and localities in enforcement of their quarantine actions and accept state and local assistance in enforcing Federal quarantine.
* In settings such as long-term care facilities where there are public health risks associated with spread of a pandemic strain, states also may be able to compel an individual to take antiviral prophylaxis or be vaccinated, as circumstances warrant. State law should be consulted."

Always look to the source.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I would like for the SUPREME COURT to step up at times like this and make statements about what stuff means legally.

TV is making this out to be...nothing.. a trivial thing that will HELP the people.

I don't trust them.

The conspiracy and right wing sites are making this out to be very dangerous - some even saying the bill or rights is now suspended.

But that doesn't make sense either. (Not if we've really been under a state of emergency since the 50's....we've clearly had court cases dealign with Bill of Rights violations!)

Good grief, where does the person that really wants SOLID authoritative information turn to anymore? The SCOTUS could fill a void here, and I wish they would. We've got this 3 legged table that is our government, and the legs are really unbalanced. The one called executive must be a mile long now, and the one called Legislative is broken and filled in with crazy glue. I can't even FIND the judicial leg.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
As far as quarantine is concerned I dont think you could force people into emcampments or cut them off from other citiies. Not right now, in this political climate. We would rebel.

I think that voluntary quarantine is very possible and besides they always make it so we want to give up our rights. I see it going down like this. This "shortage" of vaccines is supposed to trigger the greedy selfish response that all scarcity induces. With everyone wanting them the govt can be sure to sell the ones already being shipped and the ones being manufactured. Good for business, good for govt, good for people right?

Now imagine that some of the vaccines were tainted or infected with something. Afterall they couldnt possibly do real, long term trials if they just started producing this summer. If there was an outbreak in the virus itself the govt could also set up camps where people can get cured. Stay a couple weeks, take off work, gobble some pills. Being good citizens most of the infected would probably go meaning that anyone that got a flu shot would go. Businesses make a double whammy. Once to sell you the vaccine/virus and once to cure the side effects/infection/whatever. The govt and CDC could wash their hands of it since they tried their best but didnt have enough time. "Mistakes were made." once worked for this other guy.

I want to reiterate that this national medical emergency is not about political control. Its about selling vaccines and opening a vastly untapped marketplace if obamas health care goes through. Think of all the beauracratic jobs that could be created if the govt handled health care. Not only that but thered have to be a hospital in every town and people to build it and work there and provide all the products people use at hospitals. In an economy desperate for new markets and job creation, h1n1 looks like a golden ticket outta this recession. Never let a good crisis go to waste, right?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I said this on the other topic that was about this exact happening and I'm going to say it here to so please listen up.

Look people, my wife's a nurse at a rest home. She has told me that the elderly who are getting this vaccine are not only catching the flu, but are dropping like flies. As in dying.

BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I used to work on a tb unit, and they can quarantine people right now - but it is on a 1 by 1 basis. They bring them in, then they have to go before a small court and prove that they are a danger to the public and in need of treatment.
So at least in Georgia they have that power, and I would assume in other states as well.

But if you're talking about mass quarantines that is a different story. You'd need something drastic so the 1 by 1 hearings don't have to happen or the system would be overwhelmed.

I just don't understand enough about this though - but the sheer fact that it happened on a SATURDAY - it makes me very suspicious. I've been following the Saturday phenomena for a while now.

They've found a little girl dead on Friday. I know it sounds ...very base...but I SWEAR they wait for some little girl to be found dead to make really sneaky moves. The front page will be about finding her killer, and no one notices power grabs on page 10.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3DPrisoner
I said this on the other topic that was about this exact happening and I'm going to say it here to so please listen up.

Look people, my wife's a nurse at a rest home. She has told me that the elderly who are getting this vaccine are not only catching the flu, but are dropping like flies. As in dying.

Wow - wonder how much money that would save them?????

Someone needs to be getting some stats on that together. Is your wife keeping some numbers? I really hope that hospital has a good on the ball infection control nurse. If I were a nurse there though, I'd do it myself.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3DPrisoner

I sent you a u2u, at first I had read your post that they had got flumist. Maybe b/c right now that's all they are giving around here, I dunno.

Flumist - It should NEVER be given to folks over 49.

That said, they are giving flumist to most medical professionals. THat in itself really bugs me. One site says transmission is rare but even it admits it happens. I hope the infection control nurses are awake on this one. I really do.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry about "mandated vaccinations". There isn't enough to go around. Just the people who actually want the vaccine will be enough to use it all up.

Various governments have always had the power of quarantine when facing infectious diseases. This is nothing new or sinister. It's part of our history.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Nothing to see here folks. Now be good little slaves and make sure to get your flu shots so you can be nice and healthy.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Could everyone post something brief about how people in your area are acting in response to Obama's announcement yesterday?

I'm in Mt. We went to Walmart yesterday and no one seemed worried or panicked at all. Did not see any people who were visibly ill. Spirits were up and everyone was generally friendly. Things were moving along in a calm manner like any other day and all of the shelves were well stocked. No rush on anything.

I noticed that the lady at the check out was not wearing gloves. When swine flu broke out last spring alot of people there were wearing gloves but not today.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Asherah

Well, when you have the mass media telling you there is 10 different crisis situations every single day, you probably start to ignore it after a while. The united states mass media are the boy who cried wolf so many times nobody listened anymore.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Could this be a setup that will let them announce that cash currency is contaminated with flu virus and therefore dangerous, and that it has to be confiscated or taken out of use?

As for how folks are reacting. Typcial. Homeschool folks that I know are UPSET. As a group, I'd say the overwhelming majority are leary of vaccinations. It is a secular group but a very questioning one.

My husband looked at me like I was crazy, and then later tonight told me he watched the news and it wasn't that obama had done what I said, that **I** had got wrong info - he said he saw on tv that it wasn't a national emergency, it was just something to help out the hospitals.

We agreed to disagree.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

According to the CDC, swine flu infections have already peaked, and the pandemic is on its way out. Peak infection time was the middle of October, where one in five U.S. children experienced the flu, says the CDC. Out of nearly 14,000 suspected flu cases tested during the week ending on October 10, 2009, 99.6% of those were influenza A, and the vast majority of those were confirmed as H1N1 swine flu infections. (www.cdc.gov...)

Even though the H1N1 pandemic appears to have peaked out, U.S. President Barack Obama has now declared a national emergency over swine flu infections. The reasoning behind such a declaration? According to the White House, it's designed to "allow hospitals to better handle the surge in patients" by allowing them to bypass certain federal laws.

Emergency powers trump the Bill of Rights
That's the public explanation for this, but the real agenda behind this declaration may be far more sinister. Declaring a national emergency immediately gives federal authorities dangerous new powers that can now be enforced at gunpoint, including:

www.naturalnews.com...

Mod Edit: Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote –Please Review This Link
Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

mod note, added ex quote tags

[edit on 26/10/09 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

I have been working on a lot of animated gifs to point out exactly what you are talking about. My latest is the famous photo of Obama being whispered to by Emmanuel. Never let a crisis go to waste.

Fresh doom and gloom. When you watch our media, you would think we must enjoy living in a society of panic. They push and push to make us think we actually need them for everything.

The elite just want us to be sheeple and not think, act, or wipe or own ******. Well they have been doing a pretty good job of it lately, no?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Emergency powers making the bill of rights null and void does sound scary. I don't like the thought of our rights being taken away. I believe around 60,000 people die each year from the seasonal flu. So far only around 1000 have died in the US from swine flu. This doesn't seem worthy of a national emergency to me. The news media made it sound like the emergency was declared so that doctors from other states could give out flu shots where they were most needed even if they didn't have a license to do so in another state. Hopefully the government will not mandate vaccines since I heard there is a shortage and they are growing the vaccine with antiquated methods.

I believe what is scaring people the most about the swine flu is that the regular flu I believe mostly kills people 65 and older 80% of the time while the swine flu has been killing young people 80% of the time. Pregnant mothers are even more vulnerable.

Am I concerned? I prefer not to shake people's hands at church and elsewhere. I've been giving a peace sign instead at church. Unfortunately at work, people still seem to automatically shake hands. I can wash my hands afterwards most of the time. Washing hands is important I heard but you touch door knobs, gas stations pump handles, etc. etc. that other possibly sick people have touched recently. The H1N1 I believe used to be widespread in South Carolina early on. I see now they are saying it is only local now and one of only 4 states like that. I didn't see any big scare here.

Here's some of the things I've heard. Wash your hands often. Avoid shaking hands if possible. Stay away from sick people. Most people have only mild symptoms and then they are better after 3 to 4 days. That's what I heard back a few weeks ago. However 1000 people in the US have died. You would think there would be a national campaign to stop shaking hands and to clean door handles and other publicly touched objects, and to stay home if you're sick and one to two days after your fever dies down. On the good side, I read over 60 million people have already gotten the regular flu shot. It's been killing about 60,000 people routinely every year without any declaration of a national emergency. Shaking someone's hand out of tradition could have cost someone their life.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join