Obama offers millions in Muslim technology fund

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

The White House Friday highlighted a new multi-million-dollar technology fund for Muslim nations, following a pledge made by President Barack Obama in his landmark speech to the Islamic world.

The White House said the US Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) had issued a call for proposals for the fund, which will provide financing of between 25 and 150 million dollars for selected projects and funds.

The Global Technology and Innovation Fund will "catalyze and facilitate private sector investments" throughout Asia, the Middle East and Africa, the White House said in a statement.

Well, is Obama trying to buy his way into the Muslim minds of the world? Nothing else seems to be working for him.

It is absolutely stunning that he will readily invest in the private sector in foreign nations and in the same breath is trying to crush the private sector in our own country. Unemployment continues to rise, the dollar is on the edge of collapse and the nation is at a record setting deficit. Billions of dollars in stimulus money is unaccounted for. Jobs have yet to be created and he wants to fork over 25 to 150 million dollars to foreign private enterprises. What a vague number.

Last I checked he is being paid to be president. This shows you exactly where his priorities are. These countries will gladly take our money and run with it. It won't be worth anything anyway.

In his speech on June 4, Obama vowed to forge a "new beginning" for Islam and America, promising to purge years of "suspicion and discord."

In what may be one of the defining moments of his presidency, Obama laid out a new blueprint for US Middle East policy, pledged to end mistrust, forge a state for Palestinians and defuse a nuclear showdown with Iran.

Defining moment Indeed!!. Glad he is keeping his promises to other nations before keeping the promises to those suckers who voted for him. You get what you pay for folks. The nation wanted a Cadillac president and got stuck with a rusty, extremely low mileage Yugo.

www.breitbart.com...

[edit on 24-10-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Obama is just spending money into a religion he belongs to...

why are you so surprised ??

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SkitzoFrenic

Not surprised at all. I was just trying to keep calm before I unleashed about his Muslim heritage
Bring on the Flames

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
That 150 million never should have been taxed out of our pockets. It either should be back in our pockets or spent here at home in America. I can think of plenty of things that could use 150 million. Education for example.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
It's not only Democrat presidents handing out money to Muslim countries. Egypt received 1.87 billion in aid from the United States in 2004. I do believe we had a Republican president during that time. Only Israel received more.

Sure, there are many reasons for giving aid to other countries from diplomatic reasons to security reasons. If we are going to ignore those reasons and presume that giving out foreign aid to predominately Muslim country is a sign of Muslim heritage or being a secret Muslim, then Bush must have been a Muslim all along.

Personally, I think the huge amounts given to these countries while many Americans don't even have basic health and our infrastructure is crumbling is a tragedy.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
US OPIC was founded in 1971. As an organisation it's survived Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush I and Bush II. It's not an Obama creation.

It helps US private industry invest overseas, enabling them to make profit. Profit funds US jobs, training, investment, shareholder dividends etc

Why's that wrong ?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
i willl crucify that son of a fruitbasket!
i bet he eats fallafels, ...praise jesus you nasty puppet fruitbasket!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkitzoFrenic

why are you so surprised ??

That might be true,

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

It's not only Democrat presidents handing out money to Muslim countries. Egypt received 1.87 billion in aid from the United States in 2004. I do believe we had a Republican president during that time. Only Israel received more.

OH thank god that makes me feel better.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ulala
Why's that wrong ?

Because it is being given DIRECTLY to Muslim nations/groups, and it is not going to help us in the U.S. when this money is being sent overseas...

If the President wanted to invest in groups/nations that will help us, then do so with nations that are giving jobs in the U.S. to U.S. citizens, and not just one group of U.S. citizen...

[edit on 26-10-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

Yet we are now deeper into what is a depression, and yet the Obama administration is spending more money overseas?... There is a big difference....

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

So when the Obama administration offers to assist in technology development in a region ravaged by cold war games and oil wars, courtesy in part of the decisions of past americans, its something highly suspicious.... but when the US aids Isreal:

Home > U.S. Aid to Israel

U.S. Financial Aid To Israel: Figures, Facts, and Impact

Summary
Benefits to Israel of U.S. Aid
Since 1949 (As of November 1, 1997)

Foreign Aid Grants and Loans
$74,157,600,000

Other U.S. Aid (12.2% of Foreign Aid)
$9,047,227,200

Interest to Israel from Advanced Payments
$1,650,000,000

Grand Total
$84,854,827,200

Total Benefits per Israeli
$14,630
Cost to U.S. Taxpayers of U.S.
Aid to Israel

Grand Total
$84,854,827,200

Interest Costs Borne by U.S.
$49,936,680,000

Total Cost to U.S. Taxpayers
$134,791,507,200

Total Taxpayer Cost per Israeli
$23,240

www.wrmea.com...

...roughly $3 billion annually at present, the rightwing keep shut, as they do with the other hypocritical garbage they throw on a daily basis. And lets not forget Reagans multi-million dollar assistance of Osama back in the 80's. Oh goodness.

I mean really, this is obviously about throwing more garbage at the president they dont like personally.

I do agree though that the amount of aid the United states sends is costing us here during the financial crises. We cannot solve the worlds problems at the expense of our own nation.... but really the agenda behind the OP is blatantly obvious.

Originally posted by SkitzoFrenic

So basically anybody who is in contact with a muslim, or helps individuals who happens to be muslims, this here make them muslim? Is the islamic religion contagious? Is that what your claiming?? Its like during the elections..... you got half of Texas going on about how "if ya'll born to a muslim relative, ya'll muslim"... I mean really the blatant ignorance and hypocrisy as these same folks would cry about our constitutional rights to think and choose what we please in another statement at the same time.

Obama stated he was a christian. He made that choice. Although it shouldnt matter if he said personally he was a muslim, he claimed he was a christian and thats his choice, his constitutional choice and right. I'd suggest you take back your comment or reconsider where you stand with the constitution.

SG

new topics
top topics

join