It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

video message from FDIC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
After the one hundred bank faillure in the US, FDIC Chairman Sheila C. Bair talks to consumers about the safety of their money.

She keeps repeating that your money is absolutely safe, but if it was... why do they feel like they have to do a video message?

pls remove if this was posted before, did a search and couldn't find anything

[edit on 24/10/2009 by GypsK]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Hmmm... I stopped watching when she said "we can not run out of money" We are so far in debt nowadays, I'd be suprised in there even was any money left. Maybe our gold depositories have been emptied a long time ago and we have just been under the illusion that the dollar was worth something?

Plus, If you were to fast forward the video, her head would tilt left, right, left, righ etc... It would be worth a watch more than when she reads from a teleprompter.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Well, if that video doesn't make you want to take any money you have in banks out like right now I don't know what will.

But technically she's right. The government will not let the FDIC run out of dollars. What those dollars will be worth after even more printing is the question.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

She keeps repeating that your money is absolutely safe, but if it was... why do they feel like they have to do a video message?

Great find, not only 'why do they feel like they have to do a video message' but also 'why would they need to disable the comments on their youtube channel'

I see '1933' on their logo, interesting since there was an attempted coup on congress by American business interests in 1933.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleetlord
Plus, If you were to fast forward the video, her head would tilt left, right, left, righ etc... It would be worth a watch more than when she reads from a teleprompter.

Hmm..if that's true then maybe she's trying so say "Everything I'm talking about atm is pure BS"

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Well lets look at her body language...
Whenever she mentions that your money is safe, she shakes her head no...

She also states that they have 42 billion in reserves to cover any bank failures now, wow! 42 billion, look at all the bailouts that have gone out in the past couple of years!

What is she saying? That those dollars went elsewhere? How can we begin to cover the massive amounts in citizens bank accounts if there are trillions outthere in American accounts to be protected as well?

At the most she said they can access 500 billion, I call bs on this!

[edit on 24-10-2009 by antar]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
well it's really 105 banks with hundreds more waiting the same fate... she trying to prevent a run on the banks... Monday will be the tell... depending on how investors take the news... it could be a very bad day for the street!

Seven banks -- three in Florida and one each in Georgia, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Illinois -- were shut today, according to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp., pushing this year’s total to 105. That’s the most since the savings-and-loan crisis led regulators to shutter 179 institutions in 1992.

“We certainly know there are hundreds and hundreds of zombie banks out there,” Cassidy said. “The only alternative for them is to be seized and it’s only a matter of manpower and money before they get to it.”

The FDIC has proposed banks pay three years of advance deposit insurance fees to raise $45 billion and replenish the insurance fund. It costs anywhere from 25 percent to 30 percent of a failed bank’s assets to shut it down, Cassidy said.

“There are losses that will have to float through the system not just for one quarter or two, but for years,” said Paul Miller, a financial industry analyst at FBR Capital Markets in Arlington, Virginia. “I think you’ll see closures speed up after they replenish the fund.”

Bloomburg

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Thats right she is trying to thwart a bank run!

This was not spoken for the power holders, the ones that supposedly placed trillions of dollars into the bailout accounts in the past couple of years, no she was talking to Granny and Gramps and the Smiths and Jones down the street who are the last financial ace in the hole.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by antar]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
It seems the propaganda wing is in full attack stance now. I wonder when they will be investigatin Fox news.

Propaganda only works if everyone perpetuates the lies.

Oh well, I ran out of money 6 months ago. It would not bother me so much if the dollar gets wiped out.

Peace people.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The wall street crash was 80 years ago today, maybe that has something to do with the timing of this video.
I'm also curious to see what will happen on monday

I'm not an expert on economy, but this one is interesting to follow

top topics

join