It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.F.O. Party Gatecrashers

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
What is interesting about the alien and UFO phenomenon is that its mirroring other topics such as angels and demons. I find that to be the alarming part.

I watched the movie "The Knowing" last week, and I noticed a fusing between alien life and religion. "Stargate" has also made such connections. If we are looking for a philosophical conversation about aliens, I can find that topic to be intriguing from an theoretical point of view. Anything from such a conversation would be science-fiction, for there is currently nothing to keep it bound to known science. Its called "What if..."

"What if..." is not a science. Its a philosophical statement. Since there is currently no definitive connection between aliens and mythological deities, the "What if.." part of the conversation is far what is considered reality.

Don't get me wrong. I love science-fiction. You just cannot use the "What if..." scenario and call it factual. Good luck with trying to make that argument.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by Pathos]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I said that I wasn't going to return to this thread but I thought of a solution to Malcram's desire to have a private party in a public forum. Why not simply ask the Administrators to initiate a REMOVE feature which would be controlled by the thread originator. When a reply that doesn't conform with the thread topic is posted the thread originator simply removes the offending reply.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

Seems like some people are using the forum as an ego platform which yes is very tedious and though so far only posted a few times, might look to a new forum on things I am interested in and to actually have intelligent conversation about intelligent things rather than being attacked in posts for things I didn't even say, just for not agreeing to aggressive posters vitriolic jibes.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by Malcram

Seems like some people are using the forum as an ego platform which yes is very tedious and though so far only posted a few times, might look to a new forum on things I am interested in and to actually have intelligent conversation about intelligent things rather than being attacked in posts for things I didn't even say, just for not agreeing to aggressive posters vitriolic jibes.

If you're saying what I think you are, you are going to be highly disappointed for there is no such forum. Every single forum on the Internet, regardless of topic but more so any dealing with UFOs and aliens attracts the same kind of personalities one finds on ATS (Aliens and UFOs).

The only way to find satisfaction is to start your own and be strict on the kind of posts/replies you would allow, just like Malcram is trying to achieve in a public forum.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

My experience so far has appeared as such though perhaps somewhere, in some way this exists or at least is a possibility!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

My experience so far has appeared as such though perhaps somewhere, in some way this exists or at least is a possibility!

I wanted the following to be my signature but, to be honest, in my heart I don't share the sentiment:
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
-- Noam Chomsky

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I have no problem with people disagreeing but people get so defensive so quickly, and some people are so rude with what they say, its rediculous.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
A very timely thread i think. I've posted a few times, mainly about the Nasa led cover-up of our full knowledge of what is "out there". Even though I've always expressed myelf in cautious terms, with an open-mind, I have usually been subject to an instant, abusive reply, which is sometimes toned down subsequently.

i dont think the problem is skeptik vs credulous believer. that is normal and there has always been this debate. the problem on ATS at times is the nasty, mean-spirited almost vindictive skeptik responses. i actually think there's a lot of professional contintelllpro on here -- it's designed to make you feel stupid and not post in future. like ive said in many of my posts on this subject, this is not a surprise as a lot of powerful people have a lot to lose by disclosure on some of the areas discussed on ATS in future.

and this is what the real problem is -- there is bunch of people out there trying to protect something, and a lot of them think they have the "national or defense interest" on their side. wrong. this is just like this case that's just erupted in italy where a dozen CIA guys have been found guilty of abducting someone off the streets and flying him to egypt for interrogation. this is just wrong. it doesn't matter if it's in the defense interest, the actions are just plain wrong. torture is torture. it's wrong. it deson't matter who's doing it or to what end it is being pursued. it's wrong. and in who's name is this being done? not mine i hope.

listen, if any of you guys are reading, nobody disputes we need a defense against terrorism or even a defense against economic chaos. but these secretive intelligence service operations go way beyong democratic control and accountability. AND THIS IS EXACTLY THE CASE WITH THE UFO AND ET TOPIC. STARTING A LONG TIME AGO, THE ROT SET IN. A LIE WAS TOLD WITH (MAYBE) GOOD INTENTIONS AND NOW A MILLION LIES HAVE BEEN TOLD TO KEEP IT IN PLACE. UNFORTUNATELY YOU GUYS HAVE LOST ANY MORAL AUTHORITY OR DEMOCRATIC CLAIM TO CARRY ON DOING THIS. THE PEOPLE ARE ON TO YOU.

so yes, stop the abuse, and lets have an open debate. reasoned argument vs reasoned argument. no fear. peace, love and universal understanding.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I find the "if they exist" concept, rather humorous. Of course we exist.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I thought I'd bump this thread as I'm again seeing an increasing number of posts of the type I mention in the OP and throughout and which Admin made clear had no place at ATS and should be alerted for deletion.

I suggest we take Springers suggestion (quoted below) to alert such posts and make sure this forum stays true to it's mission statement and the reason it was created, rather that allow it to become what it is steadily becoming - IMO - which is a hang-out for ever increasing numbers sneering cynics and pseudo-skeptics who are not here to open mindedly participate in the investigation but simply to mock and to heckle.

Originally posted by Springer

Originally posted by Malcram
I have no problem with skeptics. This thread is not about skeptics, but those who have made up their mind that there is nothing to investigate, because ETs don't exist and the whole investigation is futile and pointless.

Those type are what the "ALERT" button is for. People who espouse such bollocks are not here to discuss and therefor will not be tolerated period.

This is a discussion forum.

I would caution you that just because you think that's what somebody meant in a post isn't going to get their post removed.

They would literally have to be as crass as what you've written. If they do that, then the post is OFF TOPIC and will be removed if it is brought to the attention of the staff.

Also remember this, with well over 6,000 new posts a day, we need the help of the membership to see posts like this and deal with them.

That's why the ALERT BUTTON exists... (is there an echo in here?)

Springer...

[edit on 26-1-2010 by Malcram]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

(...) what it is steadily becoming - IMO - which is a hang-out for ever increasing numbers sneering cynics and pseudo-skeptics who are not here to open mindedly participate in the investigation but simply to mock and to heckle.

Hello Malcram. Care to point out the names of the members who are simply here to mock and heckle? I'm quite interested to know who you consider these troublemakers to be. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by converge

(...) what it is steadily becoming - IMO - which is a hang-out for ever increasing numbers sneering cynics and pseudo-skeptics who are not here to open mindedly participate in the investigation but simply to mock and to heckle.

Hello Malcram. Care to point out the names of the members who are simply here to mock and heckle? I'm quite interested to know who you consider these troublemakers to be. Thanks.

No, as I'm not interested in making targets of individuals, but I'll happily PM you an example. If they are still there that is, they have been alerted and the last time I looked they were being deleted

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

No, as I'm not interested in making targets of individuals, but I'll happily PM you an example. If they are still there that is, they have been alerted and the last time I looked they were being deleted

I understand. Yes, I would appreciate if you could send me a U2U.
Thank you!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join