It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BNP support in poll sparks anger

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Peter Hain says his fears have been proved right after a poll suggested support for the BNP has risen after Nick Griffin appeared on Question Time.

A YouGov poll in the Daily Telegraph suggests 22% of people questioned would "seriously consider" voting BNP.

I just can't understand people being angry at the poll sure the BNP have some bad policies but this is supposed to be a democratic country.

People should be able to vote who ever they want without some loonies getting all angry about a party they don't like.

I don't like Labour or the conservatives that between the 2 parties have destroyed Britian like all major parties they have lied,stolen and genraly made a mess of things but that does not mean I can say I don't like them so they can't be a policital party.

When did it become a democracy of the minority?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
its always been a democracy of the minority. (in the sense i think you mean)

no matter who won there was always someone complaining about injustice and how wrong it was blah blah blah. everyone has just been getting more vocal over the years.
people will vote for whomever they want, and others will hate them for it. its just how people work.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
are you for real that you cant understand why peeps are angry about this?
Well bud i went to school and grew up with peeps from all different cultures and for peeps to say they are not welcome here. Well i find it damm right offensive.They are as much british as i am. They will not get in next time cas next time many more peeps will turn up 2 vote to make sure they wont get in.
Have u listened to there arguments? these peeps cant argue anymore than a glue sniffing retarded monkey can. They are a minority of small minded racisist.
The uk was unihabted in the last ice age. the ice started melting and peeps started moving across. Waves and waves of different peeps make up the fabric of the uk. Who are these peeps that are saying other peeps are not welcome. When did there families get here themselves... probley not that long ago either. What the difference. The colour of peeps skin. GET REAL!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
my point was being angry at the results of the poll, It seems to me that people are only willing to have democrasy as long as it agrees with there way of thinking.

I dont agree with the BNP but I do feel strongly about true democracy and true dermocracy does not attempt to silence other views becuase they do not meet up to your moral or political views.

I wholeheartly agree that the BNP are messed up but if you silence them how long will it be before any oppisition to the way things are is also silenced.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
probley not that long ago either. What the difference. The colour of peeps skin. GET REAL!

maybe you should get real and realise that race plays a part in every day life, despite how much you wish to deny it, it's natural human behaviour.

get your head out of the sand mate

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkey

I don't think it does. It certainly doesn't with me.

In what way? Give us some examples.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
"Democracy cannot succeed unless those who express their choice are prepared to choose wisely. The real safeguard of democracy, therefore, is education." - Franklin Roosevelt

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Democracy is just mob rule...and the mob are oh so easy to guide these days. In any case,i don't like BNP,tories,labour or libs.I think it's a shame that people are actually considering to vote BNP because like them or not they ARE bringing up things that none of the other three main parties will. I just wish people would realise there are other parties out there doing the same without the BNP's extremist views. Sadly all i see for the future is conservatives in office for a couple of terms and after that the EU's tentacles will be locked so tightly around us that it doesn't matter one iota who we vote into westminster.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
WHY ARE PEOPLE ON ATS STILL MSM RETARDED?

The entire show on the BBC was a set up against Nick Griffin - and he STILL increased his support base.

He is taking on the false two party system that is controlled by the NWO.

All he is saying is that he wants a common set of values, behaviors and beliefs that identify Brits. The same ones as were fought for in WWII.

The fact that the NWO want to allow people who come in who don't share those values is the issue - they want to divide the nation, undermine its national identity so it can easily be manipulated.

THat people buy into the racism thing is incredibly annoying for anyone who has a brain - the issues are clear - and the question is regarding cultural values - not skin color.

Why are people so stupid and easy to manipulate by the NWO using their stupid MSM.

While I knew that the BBC was just another arm of the filthy NWO propaganda machine - I actually thought they were one of the more subtle - after seeing that question time show - wow - it was incredibly blatant, overtly contrived -it was just pure unadulterated bullsh-t.

I have never seen a more baised and set up show that proposed to be fair an equitable in my life - that others cannot see right through it really scares me. How bad does the propaganda have to get before they notice?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
it was a shambles on the bbc question time, the way they discriminated and attacked nick Griffin was disgusting, others who may not of voted for bnp will now because of what they saw by the injustice for the people.
Although, I like some ethnic individuals, and i respect their culture, I don't want them in our country.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by deathpoet69

Many ethnic groups have retained their culture yet streamlined it into british culture aswell.And i like much of what they have brought to Britain as a whole.I don't see what the problem is in regards to that..

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by deathpoet69

Many ethnic groups have retained their culture yet streamlined it into british culture aswell.And i like much of what they have brought to Britain as a whole.I don't see what the problem is in regards to that..

I like what they have done and i like having them around but there is to many around now, i wundt like it if they were all taken out however i do think the vast majority should leave, just so that we have a chance and am not on about just the color i want all foreigners gone including Americans.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I don't care who comes here to Britain, as long as they are coming here legally and the government knows how many are coming in and how many are leaving.

If people are coming here legally and working, then what's the problem?

I would like people who come here to integrate more with British society.

Other than that i have no problems with it.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

i also attended a multi-faith school and have friends from many cultures but for you to claim i am not indigenous because "there are no indigenous brits" is an insult. i think 9000 years is enough to lay claim to a land don't you here some proof for ya

i`d have no argument with the current immigration trend if all country's were doing it but nope its mainly just the white country's that let every other race in and give them benefits that we don`t get, are we thanked for our hospitality no we are despised for simply existing by many immigrants

mark my words this nonsense will end in war or the genocide of a race

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Aceofclubs

Why are you comparing countries? Who the hell cares if *insert country here* does not allow or act the same as us? The point is our society and country are supposed to be free in some regards.I know that's laughable these days but you understand my point.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

then why should we allow our country to be over run by another that dose not extend the same favor to us

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
And we can all trust the word of Peter Hain? A man who campaigned in favour of Robert Mugaba and then leaves the people of Zimbabwe to stave as Robert Mugaba and those around him enjoy all the trapping of wealth and power.

If only Peter hain spent as much time doing the job he is paid off rather than bemoaning democracy, but hey, Peter Hain must be wanted Robert Mugaba style of democracy rather than a more freer form of democracy we enjoy in the UK.

And just what were people expecting? That having the BNP on Question Time would expose them and that there support would crumble. It worries me that those who are running our country and who want to run our country are this stupid.

I welcome the fact that the BNP has been given the opportunity to appear on Question Time. I remember when people said that UKIP should not be allowed on question time as they were just a minority party and when be gone at the next EU elections.

And guess what, support for the BNP will continue to grow as we get closer to a general election, as they are talking about a subject that the main stream parties are unwilling to, but seems to be touching a note with a growing percentage of the population of the UK.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Aceofclubs

Because we are not *another* country. We are our own country and should not look outwards and compare what is acceptable or not acceptable by another countries standards to ours.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

what nonsense. we should close our eyes and not take in the world on a global scale? we should compare that's how you learn from others. you don`t pick a view and defend it till the end even when its failing. free country could mean many things i don`t think it means free like its a free gift, it means freedom ofchoice to the residents not free for all the world to abuse .

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The BNP have risen in the polls because when Mr Griffin went on question time he was hounded, bullied and more or less pilloried by every single person who spoke. It was disgusting to watch!

If you want to win an argument it tends to work against you if you devolve to insults and slanging matches. This is exactly what the BNP was hoping for. The BNP came out of question time looking like victims and that was exactly what they were hoping to be perceived as.

I noticed that whenever Mr Griffin was insulted or his intelligence was called into question he grinned or smiled.

I saw the game he was playing the moment he first smiled but apparently all the “learned” people who chose to talk down to him could not because they had bought tickets to the lynching party and wanted to make sure they hammered home their disgust rather than engage the BNP leader in measured debate.

The members of the panel and the audience had lost all objectivity the moment they stepped into the chamber and quickly ended up pandering to the mob.

I mentioned this tactic as the crowds of sheep stood outside the gates of the BBC baying for blood and I hoped the attendees of question time would not sink to their level and simply give vent to rage.

Smash the BNP but do it through debate and win, not by throwing a tantrum and losing the moral high ground.

The BNP could have been squashed there and then but no, the argument got blown away because of inflated ego and hopes of personal advancement by clumsy attempts at slaying the metaphorical dragon.

Do you really think Mr Griffin has filed a complaint because he felt victimised? No he has filed a complaint to capitalise on the verbal lynching he received. For him it was all a win, win outcome.

He is a loathsome toad, spouting lies, hate and inaccurate rhetoric but Mr Griffin is not a fool.

Better luck next time BBC (fools)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join