It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Man to Come?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
First, as a disclaimer, this isn't anything I have predicted, and I am posting it more for...curiosity...that because I buy into it. Now, with that out of the way...

Through a broad range of resources, including "prophecy" and "visions," but, more important to my interests, casual talk of hundreds of people with whom I associate, Ive noticed an interesting trend. More and more people talk of a man that is going to appear soon that is going to change the United States, to "save it,"if you will. Most think he will end up based in the New York area, though they also think he will come from the South, and they expect that he will rise during a deepening of the current troubles, or following an event that causes a lot of death. Some even go so far as to say his inspiration will be the death of his wife, when you bring in the "psychics" and such.

My thought is that this is nothing more than a Messiah syndrome, similar to what fed the Obama hype. More and more people feel that the US is crumbling, and they are just hoping for a savior, so they don't have to do anything themselves. I would attribute the rest of the descriptions to personal biases about regions, etc.

However, I was reading through this forum for a little...diversion...and it occurred to me that a lot of people really would feel that this is something more. Some might think Anti-Christ, or Christ; those were the two ones that popped to mind, Im not really familiar enough with other popular theories to think of any other hot possibilities, but that is why I posted this thread. What do those who frequent this forum make of this? Is it just a bit of psychological escapism? A touch of biblical influence? Or do you think there is something more?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Well, with all the hype, that for me, started during the 2004 Democrat Convention to choose, heh, John Kerry as that partys nomination for POTUS, I thought it was Obama. That time was when my dear sister and her friends proclaimed a little known politician from Chicago as the next best thing to sliced bread and he was eventually going to be POTUS and save us all, the U.S. and the world. Well, it happened. I'm not sure he is saving anybody except the providers of his wife's tennis shoes and the usual suspects.

For me I have no expectations of some man to come and save us all. After all, the promised one seems to be here already and it is business as usual.

Would I like to see the oft talked about "anti-christ" arrive and give us 3 1/2 years of peace and, I suppose, prosperity? Sure. It would shake things up a bit and I enjoy a good shake up from time to time.

I'm really getting tired of business as usual, even though the business end of it accelerates a bit more and more each year. Call me a product of the me me attitude and the I want it all now sort of crowd, but, really, give it to me! I want to see it all NOW! Please, before I die and have to view it from the spiritual world.

I just want to add, since I can remember, as a small child, I was always expecting something grand to happen all at once. It never has. It's always been a slow process.

Some man to come along and create a big kaboom and make it all exciting? Dang, I always thought it would be my Pop. Nope. He's tired now. 85 and just wants to live out his days in comfort and nothing remarkable. So I guess it is up to me? Nope. I just want to live out my days in comfort. But I would sure enjoy watching SHTF, especially spiritually for humans.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by saturnine_sweet

Wait wait, i know this one...

And when he arrives a bright star will be seen in the sky and three kings will follow this star to bring offerings to the new messiah..

All i know is if you really want your messiah to appear, he will. There is always somebody ready to exploid the ignorant masses....

Don't forget to videotape the walking on water stuff, there seems to be some questions about the legitimacy of the last messiah who claimed he could this.

Peace

[edit on 24/10/2009 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Interesting reply. As I said, I think that expectation fed into Obamamania...but these same people, even those who thought Obama was the ticket, are now waiting for something else...not a politician.

Like you said about your expectation about something big at once in life, I think that is almost an ingrained expectation in the human psyche. Maybe a remnant of the shock of birth, eh? haha

Thanks for your reply...in essence, you sort of backed up my conclusion about it all. I mean..Im not a hard-core skeptic about "paranormal" things and all that, because Ive seen some things that make me have to believe that we don't understand everything out there. But, maybe its just me...but just waiting for someone else to come along, EXPECTING them to...just seems like a mental crutch, more than anything.

top topics

join