It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-Believers...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

You are making the same arguments ad nasueam, as if the more you claim them to be true the more they are.

Hell is scary.. BECAUSE it is. If it personally "scares" you, then accept God's gift of mercy He offers freely.

The ENTIRE point of this thread is to shed the idea that Hell isn't a "real" place that God created to punish satan and the fallen angels.

God's will is that none of us humans should go there. "Fire insurance" has never save a man, and it never will.

Neither will "religion" or "churchianity", these are false tickets out as well.

Look at the thief on the cross, religion didn't save him, only faith in Jesus who was nailed next to him.

using a straw man argument repeated ad naseum doesn't qualify as a legitimate argument. Never has.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

It doesn't scare me, it's an insult to the father. To suggest that such a way is the manner in which the creator treats things is in itself an insult to the father. When you suggest and say that the father operates in such a manner, you are throwing insults at him.

Matthew 7

11If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

12Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

But you tell me no, the father which is in heaven shall instead treat his children in a worse manner than a parent on earth.

Please, step away from the dogma and think about what you are saying about the father. Hell is something men/lesser beings create for themselves.

Anyway, you pretty much confirm exactly what I said:

Hell is scary.. BECAUSE it is. If it personally "scares" you, then accept God's gift of mercy He offers freely.

Using the fear of something in order to get people to accept what you are selling.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Umm, there is no greater "insult" to the Father than to call His Word a "LIE". Or His only begotten Son a "liar".

The teachings of Hell begin in the OT in Deuteronomy, and end in the NT in Revelation.

Jesus Christ speaks more about Hell than any other person in the Word of God.

It is very interesting to discover that there are more Bible verses about Hell than there are about Heaven. Here are a few verses in the Old Testament about Hell. Daniel 12:2 proclaims, "Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt." Hell is described here as everlasting. Isaiah 66:24 declares, "And they will go out and look upon the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; their worm will not die, nor will their fire be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind." In this Scripture, hell is described as a place where the fire is not quenched. Deuteronomy 32:22 portrays hell as a place where God pours out His wrath, "For a fire is kindled in My anger, and shall burn to the lowest hell; It shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains." Psalms 55:15 illustrates hell as a realm of the wicked, "Let death seize them; Let them go down alive into hell, for wickedness is in their dwellings and among them."

Does Hell Exist - What did Jesus say?

Some who argue that hell does not exist do so on the basis of their belief that Jesus taught love, peace, and forgiveness - and that He did not teach about an eternal place of fiery punishment for non-believers. However, the exact opposite is true. Jesus taught more about hell than anyone else in the Word of God. Jesus described hell as an unquenchable fire (Matthew 3:12), a place of eternal fire, (Matthew 25:41) eternal punishment (Matthew 25:46), and as a place of torment, fire, and agony (Luke 16:23-24). Jesus taught specifically about hell many times in His ministry (Matthew 5:22, 29-30; 10:28; 18:9; 23:15,33; Mark 9:43-47; Luke 12:6; 16:23).

Are God and His only begotten Son both liars?

SOURCE

[edit on 25-10-2009 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   

There we go with more dogma that the bible is the "word of god". If the bible is the word of god, then what word did those who wrote it hear? That is the true word of god, not the bible. There is a difference, and through dogma you are using the bible as a replacement for his true word - which is understanding as is written.

Anyway, the problem here is you envision all this death and destruction, and I don't think you understand what kind of fight, or what the true war on god is about. I'm not even sure how to express it.

If I say there is no hell, then you will take that to the extreme and say that it means no punishment and so forth. However, reaping what you sow can in it's own ways be a form of hell for that person. In the verses you quote, you are doing the same thing, you see a little mention of fire and burning and equate that to hell.

But lets look at Matthew 3:12 for example. That verse is not talking about hell, it's talking about bapitism. Lets look at it in context.

8Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

9And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

10And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

11I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

12Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

If it is talking about hell there, then it can't be talking about eternal hell. Because it's talking about a baptism by fire. But the clue here is in verse 11. Because there Jesus says he bapitized with "water" under repentance.

Now personally, I think this is talking about people who have to learn things the hard way.

You seem to see revelations as this big time of death and destruction. But I do not see it that way. Revelation means to reveal, and that something which has been kept hidden from men will be revealed to men, and the death and destruction of the wicked is due to them not having any power over men anymore, because they will all know the truth(the truth will set you free). But really, it's just the birth of a society which is based on truth and understanding, rather than lies, death and destruction.

If the ignorance of men disappears, then the evil of this world is rendered powerless. Jesus was a threat to the powers of the time because he gave people understanding. And with that understanding, those leaders would become powerless.

Sorry, but the verses you are talking about have much more understanding and meaning than people burning for eternity in a literal hell. The penalty for sin is death, and that means death of the soul. Which means you as a person will cease to exist.

But tell me this - how does one not go to hell? They need to convert to your religion right? If people don't convert to your religion, then they go to hell.

Btw, if hell exists as you say - then how can Jesus have died for all sin, if it doesn't include the people who don't believe in him? I guess what it really means is he died for only some sins right? I guess it turns out to be like less than 1/4th of the world.

Also, which commandment are people breaking that will get them into hell if they don't convert to your religion?

If you were to tell me that if you don't follow the commandments, you will reap hellish things - I will agree with you. If you tell me that if you don't walk the path and fix your mistakes(repent for sins), then you will continue to reap those hellish things - I will agree with you. If you tell me it is impossible for a man who sins to exist in a heavenly society because his very presence would make it no longer exist - as you can't be a theif and live in a society without theives, I will agree with you. But for you to sit here and tell me that if people don't convert to your religion they are going to burn in hell for eternity, I ain't buying not a penny of it.

The father tells me to looking for understanding, to gain in understanding and wisdom. And there is no understanding or wisdom in an eternal hell where people do nothing but suffer with no chance of ever improving the situation(thus eternal).

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Jesus never baptized any man while on Earth, so this means Jesus will baptize His "wheat" (believers) with water which is harmless for the cleansing of their sins, for the debt they owe to God for their sins.

But it ALSO says Jesus will baptize with fire, for the "chaff", for the payment owed for those sins. No sin will go unpunished, so this is saying a person can choose to have his or her sins washed away in a harmless way, by faith/trust in the Lord (water), or have them payed for for eternity, "unquenchable", fire... Hell fire to be precise.

The Word also says god has given to His Son the power to judge mankind. So what John is trying to say is Jesus is the judge, He can baptize you with water if you choose, or He will baptize you with fire if you choose that. If one doesn't choose the water baptism on Earth in their lifetime and repent, then He has no choice being perfectly just to give them what they want, baptism with fire.

Jesus explains this perfectly in Matthew 13:38 through Matthew 13:42.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
So you think it's just that I suffer for all eternity then? What about someone who's never heard of Jesus? What about someone who, through no fault of their own, was born in a country where Hinduism is the de facto religion? What about people who have no opportunity to make a choice such as the severely disabled?

We should all burn in a lake of fire should we?

This God fellow sounds lovely.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

You seem to see revelations as this big time of death and destruction. But I do not see it that way. Revelation means to reveal, and that something which has been kept hidden from men will be revealed to men, and the death and destruction of the wicked is due to them not having any power over men anymore, because they will all know the truth(the truth will set you free). But really, it's just the birth of a society which is based on truth and understanding, rather than lies, death and destruction.

The full title is "The Revelation of Jesus Christ", and it was a revealing.. to John. Jesus revealed to John in a vision about the things that would come to be at the End of the age, and also the End of the world as we know it. You're forgetting that the antichrist (satan incarnate) will kill 2/3 of mankind during this time, satan wants everyone dead, every human on Earth. It will be a time of regeneration, a time of truth and freedom, but that's when the Lord comes back to rule from Jerusalem, and that's at the end of the Tribulation week.

This revealing by Jesus Christ to John was promised to the apostles and was necessary to fulfill the prophecy Jesus said while on Earth when He said:

"And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here (John), which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power." Mark 9:1

John was the last apostle alive, and Jesus revealed to him the vision of the end of the age when the kingdom of god would be on Earth.

If the ignorance of men disappears, then the evil of this world is rendered powerless. Jesus was a threat to the powers of the time because he gave people understanding. And with that understanding, those leaders would become powerless.

No, Jesus was sought to be killed because he claimed to be "the Son of God", or God in the flesh. The Pharisees thought it to be blasphemy, punishable by death. Jesus was no threat to Rome, and Pilate didn't find fault with him at His trial.

Sorry, but the verses you are talking about have much more understanding and meaning than people burning for eternity in a literal hell. The penalty for sin is death, and that means death of the soul. Which means you as a person will cease to exist.

The Bible nor Jesus teach that, in fact Jesus teaches the exact opposite, that Hell will never end, "eternal", "unquenchable", "everlasting" "forever and ever".

But tell me this - how does one not go to hell? They need to convert to your religion right? If people don't convert to your religion, then they go to hell.

Jesus hated "religion", He called sinners to repentance and simply wants us to have a personal relationship with Him. The Mosaic Law was given to man not to justify them, it was given to man to condemn them.. to show man that he was utterly powerless to follow every single commandment of God for salvation. It's entire purpose was to push man to seeking salvation by faith, in the atoning death of God's only begotten Son.

Jesus gave us two simple commands: 1. To love God with all our hearts, mind, and soul. and 2. To love our neighbors as ourselves.

Btw, if hell exists as you say - then how can Jesus have died for all sin, if it doesn't include the people who don't believe in him? I guess what it really means is he died for only some sins right? I guess it turns out to be like less than 1/4th of the world.

Jesus's death was sufficient for all man, for all sin, but it's not effective for all men, meaning if one rejects His atoning death then God will not count it effective for him or her.

It's a free gift to ANYONE who asks for it, God is NOT a "respecter of persons." All anyone has to do is repent and accept his death as the payment we owe God for our sins.

In fact the Word says it's not God's will for ANY man to endure the punishment He has reserved for satan and the fallen angels, that He wants all men to come to repentance. It's much easier to accept Christ as the payment we owe for our sins now, than to have to pay the penalty ourselves when we die.

Also, which commandment are people breaking that will get them into hell if they don't convert to your religion?

None, the sentence of the second death is because of any sin. Even a white lie is a failure to be perfect in God's eyes.

If you were to tell me that if you don't follow the commandments, you will reap hellish things - I will agree with you. If you tell me that if you don't walk the path and fix your mistakes(repent for sins), then you will continue to reap those hellish things - I will agree with you. If you tell me it is impossible for a man who sins to exist in a heavenly society because his very presence would make it no longer exist - as you can't be a theif and live in a society without theives, I will agree with you. But for you to sit here and tell me that if people don't convert to your religion they are going to burn in hell for eternity, I ain't buying not a penny of it.

I'm not telling you to convert to my "religion". Religion is a set of "dos" and "don'ts" and Salvation is a free gift, "religion" is a works based salvation, Jesus hated that kind of self-righteous path to salvation. All our good works are filthy rags it says. The gospel (good news) of Jesus Christ is not a religion of dos and don'ts... what did the thief on the cross say to Jesus???

I hope you don't buy a penny of it, that's not the path to salvation... that idea is a works-based salvation. God wants only for us to accept the death of His Son, the one He punished for all sin even though He was blameless by the Mosaic Law. A "spotless" sin sacrifice if you will. And then begin to have a personal relationship with Him through His Son Jesus Christ.. who calls us His "friends" not His "servants".

Please don't buy a penny of that type of salvation. That's called "Churchianity".

The father tells me to looking for understanding, to gain in understanding and wisdom. And there is no understanding or wisdom in an eternal hell where people do nothing but suffer with no chance of ever improving the situation(thus eternal).

He tells you to do that HERE on Earth... Hell is His judgment on those who reject to do that here on Earth. God also says He is a jealous God and will have no other gods before Him. When one thinks they are smarter than Him, thinks they are better than Him, thinks they know better than Him how they should live their lives, that's complete rejection of Him and places themselves as God, they follow their own desires and wants and laws. That is self-worship, rebellion, and unrighteousness.

That's putting oneself before God. Hedonism is "self-worship". Instead of man worshiping the Creator, that person worships themselves. Instead of doing what God wants them to do, they choose to do what they want to do.

Exactly what satan did. So God is just to send them to the Hell he created for satan and his fallen angels who did the exact same rebellion against God, the exact same self-glorifying worship.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Actually, Jesus says it is that which will come after which is much greater than him that does the fire and the holy spirit. But that is not what was in question, you quoted that verse as meaning people would go to hell and so forth, but it wasn't talking about that at all.

I read Matthew 13, and it only talks about throwing them away into the fire, as a metaphor for death. The death of the soul is not going to hell, it means the person/consciousness will no longer exist at all.

Notice that in Matthew 13, it mentions what they sow? That is what I said when I gave you the Matthew 23 verses. That the understanding needed to keep the commandments(Psalm 111:10) is denied to religious converts in exchange for tradition and dogma - like you are given here now.

As I said before about revelations meaning revealing, it says the righteous will be able to speak for all to hear and so forth, a revealing.

43Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

This world is a school of good and evil. In order to have understanding and know good and evil, we must experience both of them. No different than having to experience both hot and cold to understand and know the difference between them. In this manner, evil ultimately serves the will of god and is a lesson to all children - it's why people are born here. This planet is quarantined off from the rest of the universe because of the evil that is included in this lesson.

So that is the chaff, and once the people gain understanding of good and evil, and choose the good(wheat), the chaff is no longer needed or of worth and is thrown away. The end result are people(souls) with good understanding of good and evil. Thus the "Seeds" grow.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A
So you think it's just that I suffer for all eternity then? What about someone who's never heard of Jesus? What about someone who, through no fault of their own, was born in a country where Hinduism is the de facto religion? What about people who have no opportunity to make a choice such as the severely disabled?

I believe when Jesus died it says he went to the "grave", I believe He preached the gospel to all those who never heard it when they were alive, it says he took a great man souls out with Him when He was resurrected.

God is perfectly just, so He would have to make a provision to offer the acceptance or rejection of Him to all men.

Romans 1:20-23

"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things."

We should all burn in a lake of fire should we?

Any who sin should, so in a way, yes we all deserve that for punishment for being sinners. I'm no different than Hitler is in God's eyes. Both of us are sinners.

This God fellow sounds lovely.

He is perfectly Holy, and perfectly just, and has extreme hatred and wrath for sin. But He is also perfectly full of mercy as well. And offers a free gift of salvation to any man that requests it of Him.

Think of a judge, who hates lawbreakers, and levies out capital punishment for any transgression of the law without respect of persons, black or white, rich or poor, young or old. All lawbreakers receive punishment. So when this judge convicts you of breaking the law he says your sentence is death.

However he also says, I will pardon you if you just ask me to.

On one hand, he is perfectly just against lawlessness without respect of persons.. on the other hand he is perfectly merciful to anyone who just ask again without respect for persons.

To just look at this judge as perfectly just without also looking at him as perfectly merciful is to only look at half of him.

God hates sin and his wrath is on all of it, God ALSO loves to be merciful to anyone who asks for it. To only look at one side of God is a logical fallacy.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

Actually, Jesus says it is that which will come after which is much greater than him that does the fire and the holy spirit.

Jesus doesn't say that, John the Baptist does.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
So that's a yes then is it? You think that I and all those other people deserve to roast, in absolute agony for all eternity just because we don’t believe in your god?

Can you just say that.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

I already answered you.

Re read what I said. I myself deserve to roast in fire for being unforgiven too. God is NOT a respecter of persons.

I've however, asked for my free gift of salvation. That's the only difference between you and I.

"Unbelief" in God is not an excuse.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
So then you think I should fry because I don’t believe in god. Regardless of whether or not I’ve done nothing else to deserve it; that lack of belief alone is enough for me to deserve to suffer this description of hell.

Do you, personally, agree with that?

I’m asking because this thread really just amounts to saying “I think you should suffer because you disagree with me” in a veiled sort of way. I just want to see if you can man up and say what you mean.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

So then you think I should fry because I don’t believe in god. Regardless of whether or not I’ve done nothing else to deserve it; that lack of belief alone is enough for me to deserve to suffer this description of hell.

Do you, personally, agree with that?

I’m asking because this thread really just amounts to saying “I think you should suffer because you disagree with me” in a veiled sort of way. I just want to see if you can man up and say what you mean.

You're implying I sat around and made this up on my own.

I agree with God, and this has been revealed by Him centuries before I was even born. So I don't think it's accurate to say "you disagree with me", more accurate is "you disagree with God".

And people "fry" for their sins. And people deserve this punishment for being sinners.

A "free ticket" out of that judgment is offered to anyone who wants it.

I don't want to see any of my fellow mankind pay the penalty they owe God, my human side grieves over this, however I understand that God is perfectly just and I understand that God hates sin and His wrath is over it.

So, my human nature grieves immensely, but my heart loves God, and my heart understands why a perfectly just God is correct for pouring out His wrath on sin. He hates it.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
No I don’t imply you made it up but it’s enough to agree with it; is it not just as repugnant for me to agree with the brutal torture of a child as it is to sanction it myself?

When all is said and done, you think it is right for me to burn and suffer because I don’t believe in god regardless of any other “sin” I may or may not have committed.

And all this “oh I grieve but whatcha gonna do?” is masking the sentiment; for example I may not want to see people locked up for the rest of their lives but I nevertheless agree that a psychopathic murderer must be locked up. But I take ownership of that moral judgement, I personally think it right and I will say so in no uncertain terms when asked. So you can grieve all you like but you still think I should burn. Why not say it? Why not take ownership of your moral judgement and come out and say you think I, personally and for no other reason than the fact that I don’t believe in god, should suffer for all eternity?

[edit on 26-10-2009 by Mike_A]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

NOTurTypical,

Your posts are great. It's encouraging to see people to defend the Word of God on here.

Concerning the original topic: I've seen this video before, and the guy seems sincere and well-intentioned. As far as I remember, what he says aligns with Scripture. That said, I'm still a bit skeptical. Either way, it's an interesting story.

And- to make the point once more- God's love necessitates God's wrath. Praise all of His judgments

[edit on 26-10-2009 by GiveUpTheGhost]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

Because I follow God, and I've been instructed to judge no man. I spend my time judging myself. I have no idea if a person will go to Hell or not, or if a "Christian" is genuine or not. That's God's job to judge them, all I know for certain is if a man thinks he has no sin, or if he has never asked for salvation then he will die in his sins. I also follow God and if God passes judgment on sin, then I agree that He did it justly. My God is not an unjust God. You refuse to see God as a God of mercy and love, one who offers a free gift to anyone who asks for it. You only want to look at one aspect of God, His wrath for sin.

Let me ask you some questions:

If you had a son and you found out he was smoking cigarettes, would you be "fear mongering" by telling him he could die of cancer? If you showed him pictures of a diseased lung would it be because you loved him? Or would it be because you were just trying to "scare" him devoid of any love for him?

If your friend said he wanted to murder some people, would you be "fear mongering" by telling him he'd get the death penalty? Is telling him the penalty for his actions "fear mongering" or is it stating the truth in love?

Hell scares people, because Hell is scary. It would NOT be love for a fellow man if I said Hell doesn't exist, or if I never told a man he would go there if he died unforgiven.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GiveUpTheGhost

I appreciate you kind words, but all the glory goes to the Father. I'm just a sinner.

People fail to realize that without judgment and wrath then God's mercy would be impotent.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Sinners go to hell, not believing in god is a sin, god is just. Do you agree?

I don't believe in god, therefore I am going to hell. Do you agree?

God is the one sending me to hell therefore this is just. Do you agree?

That's all it comes down to; all this “oh I grieve” .. “it's not me it's god” is a cop out; whether god is doing the judging or not you can still say whether you agree with it and it's fairly obvious that you do agree with it. But you won't openly come out and say it. If you're going to do this proselytizing then at least be honest about what you are saying.

You refuse to see God as a God of mercy and love, one who offers a free gift to anyone who asks for it.

This isn't about god it's about you.

In answer to both your questions I would do both and it would be out of concern for them but I would also take ownership of those consequences I agree with, but you won't do that.

You clearly think that god is just and that non believers will go to hell but you don't dare connect the two and just come out and say “you're going to hell and so you should”.

I don't believe in god, therefore I am a sinner and I am going to hell. According to everything you've said in this thread I am getting exactly what I deserve. Right?

Just say either you think I should burn for all eternity for not believing in god or you think it's wrong. God gave you free will didn't he? Why not use it now and tell me what you think should happen to me for not believing in god.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Sinners go to hell, not believing in god is a sin, god is just. Do you agree?

Yes, yes, yes.

I don't believe in god, therefore I am going to hell. Do you agree?

I refuse to judge you, I have no idea what you'll do with God in the future. If you died this instant without Christ as your savior you would have no payment for your sins you'd owe to the Father and you would go to Hell. But I'm not going to judge your eternal place because I don't know your heart and what you'll do with God in the future. That's up to you and the Lord only.

God is the one sending me to hell therefore this is just. Do you agree?

I agree with anything God decides to do. He is God, not I.

That's all it comes down to; all this “oh I grieve” .. “it's not me it's god” is a cop out; whether god is doing the judging or not you can still say whether you agree with it and it's fairly obvious that you do agree with it. But you won't openly come out and say it. If you're going to do this proselytizing then at least be honest about what you are saying.

I've already stated more than once that I agree with God's judgments. And me being a human I tend to decide what is just based on my emotions, and my emotions say that eternal punishment for a finite life of sin is horrible. But human's don't have perfect justice hardwired into our brain. We are imperfect.

This isn't about god it's about you.

Not to the degree that you are creating a straw man argument against God by limiting His attributes to wrath only. You're only looking at Him partially and rejecting Him as a whole. You're looking at only a portion of the information that supports your idea of God. You're creating a false God and shooting down the false God you yourself created, that's a logical fallacy.

In answer to both your questions I would do both and it would be out of concern for them but I would also take ownership of those consequences I agree with, but you won't do that.

Of course you would do both, we ALL would do both. But that's not what I asked you, I asked you if you would be "fear mongering" by doing both.

Yes or no? Would you be a "fear monger" or would you be "telling them the truth out of Love" when the truth just happened to be scary in nature all of it's own? I've said numerous time that I completely agree with the judgments of God, you just don't like that answer, not my problem.

You clearly think that god is just and that non believers will go to hell but you don't dare connect the two and just come out and say “you're going to hell and so you should”.

Because as a follower of Jesus Christ I have been told not to pass judgment on any man, I have NO IDEA what you'll do in the future, therefore I cannot tell you you'll go to Hell.

I can say "all unforgiven sinners will go to Hell", and I have.. repeatedly.

I don't believe in god, therefore I am a sinner and I am going to hell.

You can change your mind and repent, that's a possibility and I can't see into your future so I won't judge your future.

If you died today without repenting and seeking the Lord you would go to Hell. Hell is where all people go who have no "free pass" out of there. Your ultimate destiny for eternity is between you and the Lord.

According to everything you've said in this thread I am getting exactly what I deserve. Right?

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.", Romans 6:23.

And Hell is the 2nd death. All who die unforgiven deserve Hell. I'm not going to attribute that to YOU specifically because I'm forbidden from judging YOU, I can't see YOUR future.

Just say either you think I should burn for all eternity for not believing in god or you think it's wrong. God gave you free will didn't he? Why not use it now and tell me what you think should happen to me for not believing in god.

Nope, I'm forbidden from judging you. Not gonna happen buddy. I have NO IDEA what you'll do in the future with Jesus Christ.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join