It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NTSB: Cockpit recorder might not contain airliner's 'silent hour'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Well if you are right, this guy is going to burn, just like you said

This is one of the pilots denying all of those charges. I wonder what this is really about?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Only logical conclusion is an alien abduction or they flew into some type of time warp. Black boxes don't stop recording when pilots fall asleep. They also would have been contacted very soon after they veered off their flight plan. All this points to much more than the pilots falling asleep.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It has become a more dangerous world when it comes to flying. With airline companies gouging the pilots with longer working hours and less time off , it's obviouse these pilots were asleep.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by GideonHM
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Yeah, and they are outdated enough to justify their explanations. Where is the audio? Uhhh.... It... copied over itself! I would figure tampering with the device is out. Don't they need specialized, rather large, immobile equipment to retrieve the audio?

If they did something they didn't want revealed, I doubt the black box would short out, and it should function throughout the flight, from my presumption of how a solid state recorder works at least.

I have a hand held DVR that runs on two 'AAA' batteries and can record 35 hours (up to 220 hours in long play mode) and it is smaller than a cell phone. I have found out that the 30 minute time limit on the voice recorder is a pilots union deal and has nothing to do with cost or tech.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join