It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aurora contrail photos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I know some of you may say that this contrail (pix below) may have possibly been made by an airliner, or the Aurora. I thought i would post these just to see what ppl would say. Enjoy!

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
having difficulties. if somebody would be kind enough to give me an email address, i will send them to you so you can post them

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
load up the pix to your webpage and put url link here on the forum.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
im in a bad way. no web page.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
there are freewebpages you can subscribe with a filemanager !
if commercials you have to take go for the footbanner and NOT the popup option

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I dont see any images here, perhaps you need to go to fas.org and see the real aurora

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
once you know almost the whole historie you can go and trace back !
so let's take the blackbird as an example.
now we actually know about the program and when the first a/c have made their first flights.
also we know now how long it took before the general public was aware of the aircraft existing !
so just compare these dates and lay out a similar timeschedule for the aurora

look also at dates of first public actual flying in front of general public on airshows and...especially when they did the first "fueldump/ignite by exhaust" shows for the general public !!!
yes,you guessed it ! this maneuver is also to be "blamed" for plenty ufo sightings in the nightskies.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
http/www.BWAHAHA.funtigo.com

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
these photos were taken during a time frame of May of '03 to April of '04

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
fix your link:

www.BWAHAHA.funtigo.com...

question: how popular is the aurora? I have seen similar trails here in south florida

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
well, i dont really know much about how popular it is.
BUT, i have seen contrails like these for about a year or 2 now. almost everywhere at that. just recently on a trip to florida (traveled down east coast from Savannah via Intercoastal Waterway and St. Johns River to Sanford). In Chicago, Quad Cities (near the Illinois-Iowa border), Charlotte, and at Myrtle Beach. Usually i dont go for any less than a week before seeing one.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a transparant transonic aurora that would be something of a kind !

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
fix your link:

www.BWAHAHA.funtigo.com...

question: how popular is the aurora? I have seen similar trails here in south florida

That just looks like a standard run-of-the mill contrail to me. Contrails are nothing more than artificial clouds, and they spread out over time just like natural clouds do.

www.aerospaceweb.org...

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
"That just looks like a standard run-of-the mill contrail to me. Contrails are nothing more than artificial clouds, and they spread out over time just like natural clouds do. "

Except that the suspected Aurora contrail photo has evenly spaced donuts, which is certainly not indicative of natural occurance, but might make one think that they are caused by pulse detonations, huh? Possibly?

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Except that the suspected Aurora contrail photo has evenly spaced donuts, which is certainly not indicative of natural occurance, but might make one think that they are caused by pulse detonations, huh? Possibly?

My opinion is that none of the photos in that gallery have the classic "donuts on a rope" structure that has been proposed for such a propulsion system. Instead, it looks like a typical contrail formed by your average subsonic commercial or military aircraft. The contrail doesn't have the periodic well-defined puffs shown in other photos that are supposedly created by an Aurora-like craft. This just looks like the standard turbulent "fuzy" structure you'd expect of any contrail as it spreads out over time. See below for examples.

www.royal-met-soc.org.uk...

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by aerospaceweb]

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: aerospaceweb

My opinion is that none of the photos in that gallery have the classic "donuts on a rope" structure that has been proposed for such a propulsion system. Instead, it looks like a typical contrail formed by your average subsonic commercial or military aircraft. The contrail doesn't have the periodic well-defined puffs shown in other photos that are supposedly created by an Aurora-like craft. This just looks like the standard turbulent "fuzy" structure you'd expect of any contrail as it spreads out over time. See below for examples.

www.royal-met-soc.org.uk...

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by aerospaceweb]

The pulse detonation wave engine was not tested aboard an aircraft until January 2008. According to a news item in a March 1998 issue of Popular Mechanics, photos of an SR-71 releasing streams of spherical puffs showed that the "donuts-on-a-rope" contrails said to have been created by a hypersonic aircraft were in no way generated by a pulse detonation wave engine. There's every reason to conclude that the USAF in the 1980s would never have contemplated using a pulse detonation wave engine for a new-generation spyplane, even if it had called for a hypersonic replacement for the SR-71, because a late 1992 issue of the FAS Public Interest Report concluded that the noise frequency of a Pulse Detonation Wave Engine would have inconsistent with the frequency and physical appearance of the "Donuts-on-a-Rope" contrails.

top topics

join