Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Pelosi Says: 'Are You Serious?'

page: 3
13
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by axelsson
reply to post by masterp
 


Yes, we do. But only in a perfect world. People have to get it through their thick skulls that they have a right to the AVAILABILITY of healthcare. They do not have the right to be PROVIDED healthcare.


If there is availability, then it can be provided.




posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

Originally posted by masterp
It's so funny that Americans do not want health care for all.


You really think there will be health care for ALL? You think the hospitals and clinics are just going to open the doors and everybody will have access to health care free of charge?

Wake up, there is NO way of providing health care for all. To think this is illogical and nonsense. Please stop saying that. Its totally misleading.



[edit on 23-10-2009 by Digital_Reality]


Other countries do it. I guess you want to stay in the 20th century...



posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
We, the rulers of the United States congress hereby unanimously declare the U.S. constitution invalid.

Seriously.




posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrisd250

Originally posted by Scooby Doo

(CNSNews.com) – When CNSNews.com asked House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Thursday where the Constitution authorized Congress to order Americans to buy health insurance--a mandate included in both the House and Senate versions of the health care bill--Pelosi dismissed the question by saying: “Are you serious? Are you serious?”

Pelosi's press secretary later responded to written follow-up questions from CNSNews.com by emailing CNSNews.com a press release on the “Constitutionality of Health Insurance Reform,” that argues that Congress derives the authority to mandate that people purchase health insurance from its constitutional power to regulate interstate commerce.


www.cnsnews.com...


the constitution does not matter to socialists. and it doesnt matter to most americans...even bush said "its just a goddamned piece of paper"...if they try to force me to bankrupt myself by buying their insurance, i will move or fight it...


Hells ya!!!

I reserve the right to pay $250 for $4 worth of crotch cream!



posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by axelsson
reply to post by masterp
 


Yes, we do. But only in a perfect world. People have to get it through their thick skulls that they have a right to the AVAILABILITY of healthcare. They do not have the right to be PROVIDED healthcare.


well that is laughable -

People have the right to be billed into the ground, denied free of explanation and the grand right to chose miraculous intervention as the alternative to healthcare.

Corporate Despotism is FREEDOMS!

But you are right, Status Quo is the only god here



posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red
 


um ... government health care will be the same thing. Just instead youll have to wait for treatment and the most expensive part of it all ... the perscriptions ... will be just as expensive and will not be covered

and making people who dont want insurance pay for it is stupefying.

Can you imagine someone coming up to you and saying "Hey want this car?" You say "no" he says "Well ive already billed you for half you might as well get it."



[edit on 24-10-2009 by conspiracyrus]



posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
After further thought, I must state that I still rather surprised. Surprised that she has actually read any of the Constitution.

So quickly, while she is still baffled by all those big words, I need to point out that I may have to become part of a militia to suppress enemies foreign or domestic and Congress needs to provide me with arms, materials and provisions.

No wonder Rush has made millions, he doesn't need to pay writers with such idiotic statements coming from Washington.

I only wish it was her directly saying this instead of releasing it through her spokespeople. As that was an absolutely blatant (and not even particularly imaginative) violation of the 10th Amendment

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.


Interstate Commerce Regulation...
Sadly I think she is that seriously ignorant and more than on just this issue.



posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar
 


the thing to remember is that her staff "the ones who know" cited the expanding powers and interstate commerce... while the cronies cite opinions from a supreme court justice.
And yes people this is the woman who lied about knowing of torture regimens and absolutely cleaned up a bay area that helped her husbands real estate to gain a lofty sum



posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyrus
reply to post by Janky Red
 


um ... government health care will be the same thing. Just instead youll have to wait for treatment and the most expensive part of it all ... the perscriptions ... will be just as expensive and will not be covered

and making people who dont want insurance pay for it is stupefying.

Can you imagine someone coming up to you and saying "Hey want this car?" You say "no" he says "Well ive already billed you for half you might as well get it."



[edit on 24-10-2009 by conspiracyrus]


Says you,

In nations with Public healthcare there is still a very active Private system -
Prescriptions is where, international free market competition makes some sense.
What makes more sense is make pharmacies that do not require doctors signatures
for certain items, crotch cream, anti biotics, etc... (like in some socialized systems)
This way people can be FREE to treat the obvious, not having to waste money or resources.

Anyhow I have lost faith in the industry doing anything voluntary to curtail cost, you should too.



posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red
 


so you say. Paying for those rudimentary prescriptions is stupid but you will still have to pay the exorbitant amount that they ask ... you think BO and Pelosi will make that vanish? BO took the deal from big pharma meaning they dont have to lower rates... spend a little to make a little right?

Another thing which you didn't inquire to was the fact that your making people who are uninsured to compulsively buy insurance... i will bet you that those 30 million uninsured half dont want that insurance. Seeing as 20 - 30 dont really need insurance ... I know i sure as hell didnt (keep in mind i went to the emergency room for a multitude of problems including staples to the head and i paid that and it wasnt that bad ... like 150 bucks).

Economically speaking (another facet you did not address) is that your taking money (700 dollars per year) from consumers. And what are all the economists saying? That to make things better people have to trust and spend. It makes no sense for a mcdonalds worker to spend 700 dollars ( which ive done tha math before... suffice it to say that it leaves only 100 dollars per month to actually actively spend on "things") your burning the wick from both ends in a time of recession ... this is a sure fall into depression.

Really though how can you support this even being as noble as saving one persons life next month as to killing 1000 the month after



posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyrus
reply to post by Janky Red
 


so you say. Paying for those rudimentary prescriptions is stupid but you will still have to pay the exorbitant amount that they ask ... you think BO and Pelosi will make that vanish? BO took the deal from big pharma meaning they dont have to lower rates... spend a little to make a little right?

Another thing which you didn't inquire to was the fact that your making people who are uninsured to compulsively buy insurance... i will bet you that those 30 million uninsured half dont want that insurance. Seeing as 20 - 30 dont really need insurance ... I know i sure as hell didnt (keep in mind i went to the emergency room for a multitude of problems including staples to the head and i paid that and it wasnt that bad ... like 150 bucks).

Economically speaking (another facet you did not address) is that your taking money (700 dollars per year) from consumers. And what are all the economists saying? That to make things better people have to trust and spend. It makes no sense for a mcdonalds worker to spend 700 dollars ( which ive done tha math before... suffice it to say that it leaves only 100 dollars per month to actually actively spend on "things") your burning the wick from both ends in a time of recession ... this is a sure fall into depression.

Really though how can you support this even being as noble as saving one persons life next month as to killing 1000 the month after


I am all for taking Federal action to curtail prescription pricing, open up the market and open pharmacies to the public less addictive, radioactive or dangerous compounds.

Shame on BO for taking money from Pharma -

Honestly there is not much point to this, so free market on there, good luck with it.



posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red
 


Thats the thing ... your opening a new can of worms asking for federal interaction with health care. I didnt previously state this but do you expect congress and PTB to authorize an expenditure for health care without knowing exactly what they are signing... this is where Occam's razor comes into play ... isn't it sound enough to say that before allowing money to flow from the government to say doctors, that those same doctors will have to report what they are prescribing medication for? And by itself isn't that a blatant violation of the right to privacy?

And not to be pushy but i will also ask you, Why would anyone ask for their rights to be invaded other than a huge number of people (30 million) that dont have insurace?

but 30 million from 300 million makes 270 million people who can actively (if they want) purchase healthcare. which makes this bill a "minority cause" meaning that our "rule by the majority" a joke....

unfortunately they only included statistics from people who dont have insurance, meaning the ultra rich who dont get insurance, the people who pay out of pocket are included into this 30 million uninsured
the fact is the numbers are over hyped and if they actually stated what percentages were, doesn't that make everyone who would really need this legislation have a different idea of what "universal health care" is?

I hate to say it ... but what if you have alot of money and decide to just go with public option until you have a problem... Please, need an organ ... pay the guy 1 million dollars and he'll donate it...

Its elitism at its pure and finest



[edit on 24-10-2009 by conspiracyrus]

[edit on 24-10-2009 by conspiracyrus]



posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
The only reason why anyone "needs" to buy health insurance is because TPTB have deliberately made public health care fail.

It is a farmer's responsibility to look after the health of his stock. Unfortunately, animals have more rights than humans.


[edit on 24/10/09 by NuclearPaul]



posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyrus
reply to post by Janky Red
 


Thats the thing ... your opening a new can of worms asking for federal interaction with health care. I didnt previously state this but do you expect congress and PTB to authorize an expenditure for health care without knowing exactly what they are signing... this is where Occam's razor comes into play ... isn't it sound enough to say that before allowing money to flow from the government to say doctors, that those same doctors will have to report what they are prescribing medication for? And by itself isn't that a blatant violation of the right to privacy?

And not to be pushy but i will also ask you, Why would anyone ask for their rights to be invaded other than a huge number of people (30 million) that dont have insurace?

but 30 million from 300 million makes 270 million people who can actively (if they want) purchase healthcare. which makes this bill a "minority cause" meaning that our "rule by the majority" a joke....

unfortunately they only included statistics from people who dont have insurance, meaning the ultra rich who dont get insurance, the people who pay out of pocket are included into this 30 million uninsured
the fact is the numbers are over hyped and if they actually stated what percentages were, doesn't that make everyone who would really need this legislation have a different idea of what "universal health care" is?

I hate to say it ... but what if you have alot of money and decide to just go with public option until you have a problem... Please, need an organ ... pay the guy 1 million dollars and he'll donate it...

Its elitism at its pure and finest



[edit on 24-10-2009 by conspiracyrus]

[edit on 24-10-2009 by conspiracyrus]


I guess it is a matter of priority, I am fairly certain that privacy is a dead duck.
My concern is that there are millions ( more than entire nations) of Americans who
are frozen out of the system due to financial reasons. I also consider good medical treatment a necessity in a modern first world nation. These low paying jobs are a constant, vital part of our society and thusly the lack of funds to pay healthcare will
remain a constant. Just as consistent, is the fact the private premiums will reflect the uninsured in the current market.

So for me the entire supersedes laissez faire capitalism or almost any other concern.
With the last Pro business administration we saw costs just about double and I am not convinced any free market forces could or WOULD even freeze the current prices.
If the goal is to make profit, then what makes anyone think the industry will take action
that would reduce pay and margins?

As it is the current price of a family policy is $13,000 a year -

So I could ask you, what makes you think a Mcdonalds cashier could even cover a policy for their family at the current rate?

Not to mention that if you apply the current rate of inflation this policy will cost
$20,000 by the end of the next decade.

Do you personally know any person or business who can afford $20,000 a year?

I know few, two maybe...

that is also elitist



posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
The only reason why anyone "needs" to buy health insurance is because TPTB have deliberately made public health care fail.

It is a farmer's responsibility to look after the health of his stock. Unfortunately, animals have more rights than humans.


[edit on 24/10/09 by NuclearPaul]


People should just get arrested when they are very sick -

Or go to the ASPCA



posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red
 


Thats the point ... they are going to charge everyone participating or not ... meaning guess who gets hit the hardest? the poor.

Im sure that mcdonalds employee would love to buy one of these burgers hes cooking, but 700 a year from his pay check and he cant



posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Are they serious? Interstate commerce regulations?

I really do hope this thing does pass now. The look on these morons faces as they are staring down the barrel of a gun will be priceless. Wonder if she will ask the holder if he is serious at that point?

War is coming. I have known it for over 20 years now. I never would have imagined the cause, but it sure looks to be right on schedule.



I have as well... but i never thought of something like this might trigger it off...... but I do not do intimidation very well...so we might just see who blinks first...



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf
 
XIII amendment
X amendment
x amendment
X amendment
That is the authorization for each of thes laws. If I missed one let me know by U2U, and I will be glad to elaborate, but if you read the constiution then I think you will understand,
If the punctuation, grammer, or spelling is wrong, forgive me. It is late and I may have had too much bourbon.



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red
 
Why not get a job, insurance, and take responsibility for yourself? I. for one, am sick and tired of people sitting on their a$$es collecting a check, instead of getting our and learning job skills. There are programs that will allow people to continue to collect their wellfare checks while they learn job skills. But I have had several people who were in supervisory positions who said these same people said, "I'm not working for free," and went home after 2 days. They were getting free housin, free transportion, free child care, but they didn't want to spend time in a hospital kitchen, learning job skills? Sorry but you're looking for sympathy in the wrong place. I've worked for the same company for 40 years, in a job that is essentially recession proof. I worked my way through school, with only one student loan, for the last semester. I passed my boards with excellent marks, and haven't been without a job since.
In case anyone wonders, I was raised on a farm, and there wasn't any extra money for school. So, in my case, it was "root hog or die."
So don't ask me "Are you seriosu?"





new topics

top topics



 
13
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join