It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl found in NY claims no memory of name, home, family

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

A security guard for the shelter noticed the girl walking around on the sidewalk near Covenant House and approached her. Finding her unresponsive, he called the New York City Police Department.

Source: www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I found this to be an interesting story.

I'm wondreing what members believe has happened to this young girl. Sure it would only be speculation but if you put down your thoughts, we may get an answer to this mystery quite soon.

Might be interesting to see if anyone can come up with the correct answer.

I hope all turns out well for her.

Becker

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Interesting story. I wonder if anyone will recognise her and claim her, or if she went through something so traumatic that she truley lost her memory.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Some interesting points from the article:

...claiming to have no memory of her family, her home -- or even her own name.

described by New York ACS as "very soft-spoken," is 5 feet, 6 inches tall, light-skinned, with short, straight, cropped blond hair and blue eyes. Doctors are estimating her age to be between 14 and 17.

The NYPD said she was wearing military green camouflage pants, a black shirt and a pair of black sneakerswhen she was discovered.

On another occasion, she is said to have recalled certain words, which turned out to be an excerpt from the fantasy novel "Fool's Fate" by Robin Hobb.

Let's start with that last part. Turns out that "Fool's Fate" is the 3rd book in a trilogy called the "Assassin Trilogy". This girl memorized an excerpt from the book, but can't even remember her own name.

Secondly, her attire and grooming. She's got short cropped hair, military green camo pants, black shirt, black pants. So she was possibly wearing some type of uniform and had a military haircut. She's also a very impressionable (read: programmable) age 14-17.

Lastly, she has absolutely no memory of anything about her life or identity.

Except she recalled a passage from a book in an Assassin Trilogy. And that's all she remembered.

Keep all that in mind, when you learn from the article:

The girl is also apparently writing a fantasy story of her own that features a heroine named Rian "who's been raised by the commander of the guard post on the edge of a fantasy kingdom," the young woman said.

So despite this girl having no memory of life, she's now writing her own "fantasy" story about a girl named "Rian" (probably her name and she doesn't know it?) who is raised by a commander of a guard post on the edge of a fantasy kingdom (secret base?).

Perhaps this "fantasy" is really her subconscious trying to tell her something about her past?

Personally, it sounds like this girl escaped some new form of MKULTRA training.

You can't read this story about this girl and not have some red flags go up.

Any other theories about what all these facts could mean?

[edit on 23-10-2009 by harrytuttle]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

My thoughts exactly. Thanks for eloquently translating them into a post

The only other thing that seemed funny to me was that she was found in the immediate vicinity of a shelter, but without any apparent interest in it or any history of having resided there. Almost as if she was dropped off by somebody and meant to be taken in.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by beatnietzsche

It seems that way. Here's another aspect to my "conspiracy theory" concerning this:

In the movie starring Mel Gibson called "Conspiracy Theory", he was a trained assassin brain washed to buy the book "Catcher in the Rye" when ever he came across the book or near a book store. As it turned out, he was programmed to do this (he felt it was a mysterious compulsion he couldn't control) to aid his controllers in finding him (he was on the run and also had no memory of his previous life as an assassin).

So to adapt that concept, I hypothesize that this girl was programmed (deep brainwashing, Manchurian candidate style) to recite an excerpt from that book (Assassin Trilogy!) so that they could easily find her if she ever escaped/got lost, as has exactly happened in this case where that information ends up on CNN.com of all places. If she escaped, well now she's found.

I know it's a stretch, but the parallels are uncanny.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Several years ago, maybe ten to twenty there was a simular case. I think in that case it was a youg boy. He got all kinds of money from people trying to help him get a place to live and help in recovering his memory etc.
But it turned out it was a scam and the young Boy turned out to be a girl in her twenties I think. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
i found this about the mkultra experiments

forwardamerica.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Maybe we need a new word for something that's a stretch and a perfect fit at the same time. It's like natural synchronicity.

I'm also interested in how the authorities came to know about her writing a fantasy novel, as that seems to be the only other piece of information she's given about herself. Did they find a manuscript on her, or did she just say, "Oh, hello there. No, I don't know who I am or where I've come from. I DO know that I'm writing a book, though..." ?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

I suspect it is a non malicious hoax. She probably needed help and knew she would be taken more seriously if she had publicity. Either way, she is way to young to be on her own. Throw away children are usually more run down physically. She is a healthy looking girl. This may have someting to do with the economy.

[edit on 23-10-2009 by eradown]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
who really knows till we get more info

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown

I suspect it is a non malicious hoax.
[edit on 23-10-2009 by eradown]

According to this other article on LexisNexis, she isn't faking:

Officials said the blond, spiky-haired, soft-spoken girl has undergone testing by police experts and psychiatrists, who are convinced she isn't faking.

So, it seems she's the real deal.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Great posts Mr. Tuttle and others.

I was also intrigued by her memories based on fantasy novels or movies. The fact she is writing a book (at a young age mind you) brings my sceptic meter up a couple of notches.

I'm suprised an abduction theory hasn't been brought up yet. Be it "alien" or something more terrestrial.

It must be awful to lose one's memory. It would be terrific if we were able to selectively lose portions of our memories because there are a few things I'd like to forget!

Becker

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
My girlfriend in college told me that she was under a great deal of stress in high school, taking accelerated classes and went to a basketball game. The excitement of the game seemed to have been a trigger. She came home and went to bed. She woke up screaming as she could not remember who she was or where she was. She spent two years in a state mental hospital sorting it all out and putting the pieces back together.

This sort of thing is not all that uncommon.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

This is true. Although, what you may not know is that your friend was probably going through something more traumatic than she ever told you (since she blocked it out, even she probably didn't know until it all came back years later). Basketball games and homework are not enough stress to cause this kind of clinical disorder. It most likely was something much more traumatic (abuse, rape, witness mortal violence) that she blocked out and never told anyone.

Of course, I might be completely wrong, it has happened before.

Did you keep in touch with her, did you stay close enough to find out if it was something more than class load and a basketball game after she got better?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

We were roommates in college. I did not know her when it happened. Yes, we still keep in touch, but she never mentioned anything more traumatic than loosing her memory. I know that she suffered deep depression in the hospital. I am not going to ask her anything about it. She's dealing with cancer now and doesn't need any more on her plate. I figure if she wants to tell me anything, she will.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Hmmm, Blonde, Intellegent, Young, Perfect canidate.
In front of Homeless Shelter?!
Hello!! This was obviously badly botched reprogram session.
Or maybe it was just left unfinished....
Or maybe they did it on purpose cuz they feel guilty for mindslaving half the other kids in that shelter and want to get some of the disclosed inderectly.
ECDM

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
We've seen this kind of con before. The authorities need to figure out her angle and charge her with the appropriate charges before she wastes anymore taxpayer money. She is either just seeking attention or is running some kind of scam on the welfare system (like that's hard to do)

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
freaking ATS is double posting me again. Sorry folks

[edit on 23-10-2009 by superrat]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
still sounds pretty mkultra to me. just in how this sounds. ive read about it a few times

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join