It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot, a gun, and a camera

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
"Now that I think about it....

I would kill it and take bunches of pictures of the carcass. Then I'd skin it and wear the pelt around town causing a Bigfoot uproar. That'd be kinda funny. "

Hah! I can see it now....the latest Hollywood craze, Bigfoot handbags made by Louis Vuitton. You could sell them at $2000.00 a pop. I better start on the marketing cause this is gonna be HUGE!

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
....if you shot it and it turned out to be probably human, would you still confess? Suppose that you have now proven the existence of a second type of human- do you still want notority as a murderer?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I have kinda vowed to myself that if i ever seen a big foot i would not take pics, i would keep it as my own secret,

The last thing i would want to see is creature hunted down or put in some science lab,

we have destoyed many wonderfully animals.

ie take the panda this was only discovered 100 years or so ago (dont quote me on that)

And has already become an indangered species.

I belive some things are better left unfound,and undiscovered

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
1. Please understand that Pandas are only endangered because their habitat is being encroached upon by humans and the fact that their breeding cycle is so finite that it's almost guaranteed by design to exist on only a small population. It has nothing to do with hunting or laboratory research. I'm convinced that there is so much more research done on humans without us knowing it, that I would probably rather be a panda. It's safer. They are being protected, not us.

2. The LV handbag? No... How about we chop off the feet, debone them and sell them as waterproof footbags (guaranteed to hold at least two pairs of shoes per foot). hehehe. We could turn the pelts into coats, but they could only be worn by NBA players because of their length.

3. Do I want to be known as a murderer? Obviously not. But your logic doesn't make sense. It would be self defense. I would provoke the thing to attack if that made you feel better. Then I could kill it in good conscious? If it were of our same genus / species / etc., my reputation would be simply "look what this guy bagged!" Simply because one is found, doesn't mean that they will begin coming out of the woodwork either. If they are as intelligent and stealthy as they've proven to be, it would probably drive them further into seclusion.

But at least we would have one!

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
if you deliberately kill a human, you are a murderer, even if you did provoke it first. How does that excuse killing a person? If it is human, having a corpse will not prove anything- the existence of ugly big hairy people is proven. However, you know what they say about haebeus corpus- a body of a human with a bullet in it does prove murder.

I would be very careful about molesting anyone that could turn out to be a person. The problem I have with this argument is that it presuposes what Bigfoot really is- if that were a given, then there would be nothing to prove.
As it is, we do not know what it is. It resembles a person more than anything else, and chances are, anyone who kills one is a murderer. Why do you think no bodies are ever found? If you shoot someone off in the woods, even if they are seven feet tall and hairy, you hide this from authorities, you sure do not bring attention to it!

I sincerly hope that some of the opinions that I read in this thread are simply derived from adolescent bragadoccio, and not reflective of the intent of actual woodsmen with skill and arms.....

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I will say that I know the difference between a human and a non-human. Granted there are some people on this world who have been challenged by having deformities, abnormalities, and differing features than the majority of the human population. I still have never, even once, mistook them for being anything other than what they are... human beings like you and me.

I think that your rationalization to this thread is of more concern. "Don't shoot it because it may appear to be something other than what it is." In this case, the sasquatch may be a human being? If I'm hunting and I see a whitetail deer, should I not shoot it because my state is repopulating elk and it may be a deformed version of the latter? No.

In hunting there is a universally accepted rule of arms that I call Reasonable Certainty. What this means is that I can do whatever I want to do in the woods so long as I can be sure that all of my actions are taken with reasonable certainty that they are done within the limits of the law and the understanding of the ones around me. What you shoot, how you shoot, why you shoot, where you shoot, at what you shoot, when you shoot, everything must be done with reasonable certainty that you will and only hit what you aim at and when and what you hit will be acceptable within the word of the law.

I do not condone poaching, wrecklessly discharging a weapon, drinking / drugs during hunts, etc. I am responsible in the woods and have never done anything with regret or misintended actions.

Also, within your argument, you state nothing in the way of safety. You are out in the wilderness, miles from civilization. Should you be attacked and maimed, but not killed, what do you do then? Do you allow yourself to be put in a position of danger and bleed out, dying a cold, slow, and lonely death for the sake of preserving one creature or animal? I don't care if it's a buck, snake, feline, dog (coyote), or anything else that can threaten my well being. I am prepared to defend myself in the wilderness almost to the point of being proactively aggressive so as to thwart an attack.

You don't know the demeanor of the animal (Sasquatch), nor do I. So based on my experience and seeing for my own eyes the worst of temperment when even the most docile animals are suprised, threatened, or feeling ill, I am prepared immediately to be on the defense. If the experiences that have been retold through books, magazines, and the web are true (and that's a stretch), there have been many, many, many more tales of a Bigfoot/Sasquatch that has attacked, beaten, and even kidnapped humans than there have which have offered peace and tranquility between humans and the beast. As a matter of fact, I can't think of one. If we switched the animal in my post and said that you were in the presence of a grizzly bear with a camera and a gun, I would hope that everyone here would say that they had their gun raised and aimed. You have no idea what to expect from the animal, so you expect the worst.

So to respond to this PETA-like defensive response to my thread, let me say this again, Loud and Clear....

If I am in the woods, miles from another human being and I am nearly face-to-face with what has been described as an elusive and violent beast, I will take whatever steps I possibly can to ensure my existence over its. If it is slumped over a cool, rolling brook gently sipping water to quench it's thirst, and there is NO WAY for the thing to be in direct physical contact with me due to a 40 foot canyon between us, I WILL STILL BE IN A DEFENSIVE POSTURE. Where there is one, there can be many. If I am 10 feet from one and it hasn't just noticed me yet. My rifle will be raised and aimed true. Do I provoke an attack? Well, I don't heave rocks over the 40 foot canyon to piss it off to see if it can get to me whereabouts I can shoot the damn thing. If it is close enough to get to me, and I feel as though it may attack, maybe I do to pacify the letter of the law. Again, if I am Reasonably Certain that my life is in danger due to this creature, I would rather control that creature's attack versus dropping my guard, stepping on a twig, attracting attention and being killed.

Why? Well I doubt that the Sasquatch will be on trial for my murder.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
shoot it in the kneecaps...

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I would shoot it in a heart beat unless I was packing some small caliber round like a .22 because it would probably juss piss it off and it would pound me to death. You could get fined for killing them in some parts of the US but the money you could get for that things body would be far more. Plus you get on the cover of all the hunting magazines

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
...you can claim you thought it was a bear, and then you will have all the time in the world to shoot pics with camera, and also possibly save it's life and be a media-darling as well.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I would take pictures until it noticed my presence then if it came at me I would shoot it. If it ran I would chase it knowing I have my gun for protection in case I run into the rest of the bigfoot clan.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrq
...and what if the one you meet is not just on the endangered species list, but the LAST bigfoot?

Ya never know

LOL, he'll be OFF the endangered species list...

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Spot bigfoot
hide in bush
put down gun
take picture
remove lens-cap
drop lens-cap
trip over gun picking up lens cap
fall out of bush
disturb bigfoot
catch camera strap on bush
drop camera
pick up camera
take blurred picture of where bigfoot was, total obscured by mud on lens
swear

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
BUT even if I shared the pics with anyone I wouldn't tell where or when I saw it....if people ever actually found one they'd just stick the poor thing in a zoo or a lab.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
kill it because i was drunk

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
I'd shoot it no question. Not just for proof either. Because The fact is only will a bdy ever be incontovertible proof, not that i'm prejiduced If I ever saw an alien I'd shoot that too.

LMAO, I wish I could e-mail you a cigar...I too am not prejudiced...in fact I DARE any Aliens to invade my airspace...I'd love to have my own flying saucer even if it does have a few holes in it...

mrq

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   

What if it spoke English, and asked you to help it find it's keys?
Would you still shoot it?

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Depends if its teeth were in as bad of condition as the rest of Brits.

I'd definatly shoot him if he had a pair or Austin Powers teeth.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I think this thread has about run it's course, unless someone wants to try to revive this thread with some mature discusssion.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Now Entering the Devil's Advocate Zone.

Miles away from nowhere, a gun and a 35 milimeter camera. I'd have to have confidence in 2 things before I would discharge my firearm. Sufficient enough fire power for a 1 shot 1 kill, and I had confidence in my aim.

Reasonably, this being an animal which we have very little idea of its biology, would we even know where to shoot it for 1 shot 1 kill?

Another thought, aside from doing the pacifist goodness of leaving it alone. I think we may owe the world undeniable proof, many poor folk have been labeled crazy for thinking bigfot exisits. You would actually be doing more good in the world proving it's existence, as to stop the ridicule of poor people who believe but get made fun of for their thoughts.

Suck on that tree hugging hippees.

Stop the poor emotional abuse of thousands of well meaning people who have seen and believe in bigfoot, or let it go and thousands of poor people continue to be tormented and labeled as crazy.

Either way, immeadiately if I were to just take pictures, or to shoot then take pictures. I know I couldn't drag that thing to my vehicle by myself. Also I know for sure it would not be there when I return with help, that's the way these things go Karmicly.

So what I would do if I did successfully take down BigFoot. Make sure it was dead, discharge the firearm again, head shot. Take pictures, body, head, hands, feet. Cut off samples of hair, cut off a finger/toe (easy enough) to carry. Take a picture of myself next to it, to prove that it happened. I would also take pictures of any foot prints, and find droppings and take them too.

So, without being able to drag it off, this would be how I would present undeniable proof. I just know, unless this is done, the bigfoot would not be there when I got back. So after this is done, I get out of there, and find a group of individuals that I could trust, and bring it to the public media.

Sure as hell the government would be onto this first, but it is key to get it to the media first, befire the government has a chance to cover it up. In the meantime, I have the finger/toe, scat, fur, and pics.

Devil's Advocate Ended, we now resume your normal programming...

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
First of all I would be relieved that something incredible finally happened to me!

Next, I would take as many pictures as possible, even risking getting really close to it so as to eliminate any doubt.

I would never consider shooting it, I leave sport hunting to the morons who already participate in it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join