It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earhart's Final Resting Place Believed Found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Earhart's Final Resting Place Believed Found

dsc.discovery.com

Oct. 23, 2009 -- Legendary aviatrix Amelia Earhart mostly likely died on an uninhabited tropical island in the southwestern Pacific republic of Kiribati, according to researchers at The International Group for Historic Aircraft Recovery (TIGHAR).

Tall, slender, blonde and brave, Earhart disappeared while flying over the Pacific Ocean on July 2, 1937 in a record attempt to fly around the world at the equator. Her final resting place has long been a mystery.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I saw this and found it interesting. especially the following excerpt:

A woman's shoe, an empty bottle and a sextant box whose serial numbers are consistent with a type known to have been carried by Noonan were all found near the site where the bones were discovered.

This has always been an intriguing mystery and may have finally been solved.

Anyhow, I figured I would share with you all. Has anyone on here done any research on the topic? Anything to add?

Enjoy!

dsc.discovery.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Nice find!

Of course, now the "conspiracy" will have to center around the movie just released....keep an eye out for a studio executives' tell-tale footprints in the sand.

Look for a freshly-chomped cigar.....or an empty bottle of Stoli.....

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Not sure if it is related but a year ago a group found remains of a man on an island and parts from a radio that matched the model out of her plane. The remains where the right hieght and ethnicity to be her. They also found evidence someone tried to build a couple of huts on the island and they found buttins like the ones on his flight suit. It appears to be the same group who put out the story last year.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Has there been any news from the Itaska boys that originally helped with the runway on Howland?

Amelia Earhart has been out of the news for so long I haven't been keeping up. There were a few Lost episodes on TV that kind of reminded me of the tale.

For some reason I always expected the mystery would be solved and Amelia would just pop out of nowhere wearing a raspberry beret or something.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

Um it was she not a he so that doesn't really fit well.

Can you link to the story?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Kinda funny this news comes out the week that the film "Amelia" starring Hillary Swank hits the theater....heh. They either held the story until the movie release or made it up to get people interested in seeing the movie....just my 2 cents....

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

S&F for a great post. I shed a tear or two at reading this story, I read the story of Amelia Earhart as a child, and the "First Lady of Flight" is a heroine of mine from way back.
Godspeed, Amelia.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
FINALLY.

did she live like tarzan or did she die from starvation? she didn't die upon impact like the old pilot in Hatchet?

new topics

top topics

join