It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures of Puerto Riccan Oil Refinery Explosion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
hisz.rsoe.hu...

"Caribbean Petroleum Corp.’s refinery and tank farm at Bayamon, Puerto Rico is on fire after two explosions at the site today. Firefighters are still fighting the blaze, the cause of which is still unknown, according to a spokeswoman for the local Guaynabo police force, who was speaking by telephone and asked to not be identified by name. She said the explosions happened at about 12:30 a.m. local time. At least 11 tanks at the oil distribution center were ablaze, and firefighters were trying to prevent further explosions at 22 other tanks, citing police superintendent Jose Fugeroa Sancha. CPC markets the Gulf brand on the island. The Bayamon facility, near the capital city of San Juan, can process 48,000 barrels of crude oil a day, according to the company Web site. The sour-crude refinery isn’t operating, according to undated information on the Web site. The facility also houses a tank farm and oil-product import terminal. Calls to the company seeking comment went unanswered."

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
hisz.rsoe.hu...

Take a look at the pictures @ the link. Looks extremely intense. No word as to the cause, but it looks as though this refinery is finished.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Just heard a blurb about this on the Geraldo tonight (Sat 10/24). Can't believe I just heard about it. Went to the net and looked up very short blurb about it on the following website news.scotsman.com...

Pasted below after I copied to Word Document got the message my account had been frozen. Kind of odd since I have never been on the website and from what I was able to read I do not think it was the full article. Hope someone else has more information on this. Would like to know if mainland US get any of our oil from this refinery and how extensive the damage was and of course the impact on gas prices. Thanks for any other info anyone else finds on this. Here is what I copied and pasted very little

Puerto Rico's biggest blaze in history extinguished
Premium Article !
Your account has been frozen. For your available options click the below
Published Date: 25 October 2009
Firefighters in Puerto Rico were yesterday battling to extinguish the biggest blaze in the US-owned island's history.
A total of 15 storage tanks at a fuel depot were still ablaze last night after an unexplained explosion rocked the plant in the city of Bayamon early Saturday

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Well with the Military and FBI involved it has to be a terrorist event.

Acid rain will be a huge problem for all the emergency responders as well the residents and animals.

What a mess.

Edit to say : Evasius, timewavezero?

[edit on 24-10-2009 by antar]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
OK I just had a malaware attack trying to google images of the fires!

It took me off my search and threw me into an attack.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Also rose sight has removed the pictures!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
OK got it on reuters but check this out!

* Fire at oil storage depot has burned for two days

* Shifting winds could bring toxic smoke to new areas (Updates with Obama declaring disaster)

www.reuters.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

The National Guard took over the lead coordinating role in managing the disaster on Saturday, as additional heavy equipment from the National Guard and island pharmaceutical firms was brought in to battle the blaze.

pharmacedutical firms? Hummm.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Can anyone get pictures or better yet video? Ill go try utube.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

More to come, but am I the only one interested in this?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

This is a guy who takes pretty good home movies of it, wow it is just so toxic looking from across the bay. You can really see how the wind could carry it towards people.

I really like this girl, she is great and has done a good job via the www.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

The National Guard took over the lead coordinating role in managing the disaster on Saturday, as additional heavy equipment from the National Guard and island pharmaceutical firms was brought in to battle the blaze.

pharmacedutical firms? Hummm.

That is the strangest thing I've heard all day. Pharma firms are now fire fighters are helping the National Guard?

I'm thinking it's a typo, but my conspiracy meter is bouncing around.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I thought it was just my computer but I also got bumped off and malware junk on my computer trying to find pictures on this. Finally logged out of everything and came back here to see pictures. Also got some kind of redirect to a Unitarian website when I tried to look up info. Very odd indeed. Looks like others had better success than me finding info. So I will keep reading here.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by millionairemommy

I wouldnt re4ccomend your link bud, I had comp trouble after I went to it myself.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Thanks Antar Sorry about the link. There are some other pictures and articles on the CNN ireport if anyone wants to check that out. It might be a safer route to go. However, I noticed in most of the articles I was able to access the talk was more about the environmental impact than possible cause of the explosion. The ones that did have it in the blurb about possible terrorism I was unable to access. Maybe I am just overtired and not computer savy enough to get into the different websites but it all seems a little odd that something this large I am just now hearing about and having trouble finding info except as always here on ATS.

top topics

join