It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the scariest image in finance:

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I will tell give you another indicator, not a macro, but a micro. I use to run a construction company. A little slow now. Doing things on the net.

My nephew wanted to replace all his windows because of a 30% kick back from the government, on the cash for clunkers home program.

10 windows I need, so I called about 5 places and emailed about the same. My phone and Outlook will not stop. First quote 3k. So everyone I have talked to I let them know the price. It has only gone down from there.

Right now, I have 3 quotes at about 2100. One company called me after one quote of 2600 and I sent them an email that for the very same window, I have someone with an offer to install at 2500. They came back 2 hours later at the 2100 offer. They do not install.

It will be a buyers market for a long time. Up until; no one has any money.

edit for gramma

[edit on 10/24/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

10 windows I need, so I called about 5 places and emailed about the same.

First quote 3k. So everyone I have talked to I let them know the price. It has only gone down from there.

Right now, I have 3 quotes at about 2100. One company called me after one quote of 2600 and I sent them an email that for the very same window, I have someone with an offer to install at 2500. They came back 2 hours later at the 2100 offer. They do not install.

It's my expierience that if you get about 15 more quotes you should be able to find some smuck who will do the work for less than his cost. They like doing that it gives them something to do.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Yeah, but if all your windows fall out the very next day, what good is that ?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

Yeah, I do not want anyone installing them. I have to wrap the trim with aluminum after they have been installed anyway. And I never trust anyone else to do something if I am in anyway going to be part of the work.

Since he is a nephew, you know what would happen if something happened later. UNCLE SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH MY WINDOWS!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
This has been planned all along.

Here is the details of Bernanke's plan from a speech in 2002:

en.wikipedia.org...

All 7 parts of his plan has been done already. He wanted to devalue the American dollar and stop deflation.

He wants our dollar to be worth less.

It was his big plan all along. From buying up companies to buying up foreign currency this was a designed devaluation of the U.S. dollar.

Can we start a class action suit against him? That would be cool a hundred million or so victims of a class action suit.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by whattheh

interesting speech.

no class actions though, since harm has to be 'individual harm' rather than some generalized harm suffered by society as a whole.

good idea though.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
They are scamming you and trying to dupe you into buying into their Amero. Forget conspiracy theories. The Federal Reserve is deliberately destroying the dollar and the economy as part of it's plan to destroy America. They are trying to sell you on the idea that it is your fault for buying too much, for living in a house you couldn't afford (because it was way way overpriced) and for buying products from other countries, which they set up as well. They carefully constructed the whole thing.
The beginning started with the Fed authorization from the Congress which would only work if there was an income tax to enable us to pay them interest on the money they printed that we "borrowed". The income tax was illegal and the Constitutional amendment authorizing it was never ratified, only "declared" ratified. The two world wars were a (successful) effort to get us deep into debt, the war in Vietnam and the Cold War were to push us completely into debt to them, while pouring millions into their military industrial complex companies. They used their influence over the government to take control of the CIA and used it to control the military and it's weapons & DHS. 911 was perpetuated on us by these same people. The medical industry is owned by these people and they used their weapons labs from their CIA to create this swine flu virus that they want to innoculate you against.
The whole idea is to make this process look natural and to blame it on you so you won't look at who is doing it.
We can survive this situation if we end the Fed, end the War, withdraw from the UN, overthrow the AMA, impeach the President and upper leadership of Congress and expose the media for being liars and traitors.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by whattheh

I agree planned for a while.
But this is not the end result of the plan, this is a step on the sidewalk to get to the destination,
so just thinking a few feet ahead and not the end of the path.......
What "has to" happen NEXT?
We're already "in crisis" but we havent had an "event" yet, not one that changes anything, we're weak and stumbling around,but not down and out.
To me it sometimes feels like "they" (one group) had a plan in play, they were in power had dominance they were playing their global game, and POOF another (group) countered and messed them up and is now taking dominance...... The level, of Play that goes on above us, the majority of us, to me is so foreign or understandable.
Its a few select families and their few select friends, using their tried and true puppets and creating some new puppets, to play this global game, to them its a freakin game, and a few of the family members have some serious thought process shorted circuits.

So looking at this PLAN, what happens.........next?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Question: Is the coming currency colapse going to be slow and systematic or is there going to be an event that will trigger an immediate colapse with panic to follow? Thoughts anyone. my thought is China will be the triggering event.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by whattheh
This has been planned all along.

Here is the details of Bernanke's plan from a speech in 2002:

en.wikipedia.org...

All 7 parts of his plan has been done already. He wanted to devalue the American dollar and stop deflation.

He wants our dollar to be worth less.

It was his big plan all along. From buying up companies to buying up foreign currency this was a designed devaluation of the U.S. dollar.

Can we start a class action suit against him? That would be cool a hundred million or so victims of a class action suit.

Yes Bernanke and many others find pro's in devaluing the dollar. It's crazy. We also never thought we would see treasuries drop below a buck either. 2010 has some changes we wont like.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by YeshuaWarrior
Question: Is the coming currency colapse going to be slow and systematic or is there going to be an event that will trigger an immediate colapse with panic to follow? Thoughts anyone. my thought is China will be the triggering event.

It would actually only take a few words from Obama or Tim Geithner to cause a complete collapse and blood in the streets. It will make 2008 look like a walk in the park.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'm rather partial to this one, myself. Look how cute the little dotcom bubble spike was in comparison!:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3f0c1cd603cc.png[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
I'm rather partial to this one, myself. Look how cute the little dotcom bubble spike was in comparison!:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3f0c1cd603cc.png[/atsimg]

Yes isnt it weird that people forget that greed catches up every 10 years or so. People lost a lot of money on that one. I'd compare it to the housing sub-prime problem.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OBE1
Sister-formation to OP Bullish Falling Wedge.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7785ad7a34ce.jpg[/atsimg]

Lots of negatives in this chart. Failing upside momentum , big gap to the 200dma....not to mention several failed attempts this month to push through the top of the formation at the October 08 breakdown point...1099-ish.

In a free market I might even call for a rapid decline & retest of the March Lows should this pattern resolve to the downside soon , but with Fed market meddling , and another round of stimulus in the pipeline....maybe a 10-20% correction.

Thanks for the chart. It's a bit funny saying the second scariest chart but point well taken. Yes all since March and FULL of negative info. Good find!

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Why is this Ben Shalom Bernake's fault btw?

It's pretty sad, in my opinion, that the Federal Reserve in the US is privately owned and run.

One particular religious denomination is always at the helm. This could simply be a coincidence but it could also signal something else at work here.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caveat Lector
Why is this Ben Shalom Bernake's fault btw?

It's pretty sad, in my opinion, that the Federal Reserve in the US is privately owned and run.

One particular religious denomination is always at the helm. This could simply be a coincidence but it could also signal something else at work here.

Good point I do try to stay away from the Anti-Semantic issue lately. They do control the economy and something is wrong with that picture.

The Federal Reserve has always been a mystery and shouldnt be with that much power and control, especially controlling interest rates. They could lead us in to hyperinflation if they chose to. It would take a 20% annual inflation rate 3 years to create such a mess.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
Even the Fed Doesn't Want to Hold U.S. Dollars

Yep. Its Obama's approval rating. Its one of the most scariest images in the word.

Seriously though, this is pretty bad. If this continue to get any deeper, no one will be able to afford domestic products. Ouch!

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pathos

Originally posted by wonderworld
Even the Fed Doesn't Want to Hold U.S. Dollars

Yep. Its Obama's approval rating. Its one of the most scariest images in the word.

Seriously though, this is pretty bad. If this continue to get any deeper, no one will be able to afford domestic products. Ouch!

Funny, I really love your theory, youre right, as well!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Update on the Second Scariest Image In Finance.

As anticipated on Friday when I drew-up that little chart (Bearish Rising Wedge) , the lower trendline has now been violated , along with a swift break below the 50-dma. We may see a retest up , to confirm the breakdown..or..simply a continued drop to test the 200-dma.

A number of the more bearish chartista's are calling for a retest of the March lows off this move , for example , this updated chart and commentary from Nate....

Technical Update – An Important Juncture…

It’s time that we reviewed the longer term charts to take a look at the rising wedges within the ongoing bear market. All the indices produced those rising wedges, they are a bearish pattern that normally will retrace the ENTIRE move back to the base of the wedge, or more. That means that the odds favor us revisiting the lows, or more....

Full Text

Under free market enterprise I might agree , but with Adam Smith's Invisible Hand held hostage by the interventionists , this market is anything but normal. For the time being , I'll stick with -10% to -20% in the broads...then a reversal to new highs.

The downturn spawned a predictable uptick dollar. The $USD daily's/weekly's are generating weak buy signals....but....the monthly's are a mess.

IOW dollar bulls - enjoy it while it lasts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join