It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we being conditioned

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
I am not sure if this was posted before butttt....feels to me like more so now than ever tv and movies are conditioning us for the confirmation of alien life. Shows like V, fringe, flash forward (I know not all alien shows but def. shows that project a more alternative view of science and life as we know it). Movies like the fouth kind, district 9 and knowing. Seems they are taking a more realistic approach to aliens and counter culture. I know its been done in the past with movies such as fire in the sky but they seem more frequent lately.

Conditioning you, maybe but not me. Movies do not represent reality. They represent only what a bunch of humans accomplished by hashing together a script which after it was revised back and forth was approved for filming. Then they had to select the actors and the location, and on, and on, until it finally made it to the big screen and you had to pay big bucks to see. Those big bucks keep the protagonists in a fantastic lifestyle which you wish you could enjoy. How are you being conditioned?

The only way to know for sure is for a non-human to make an appearance at which I'm present. And then the questions begin. First, one cannot assume that a non-human is an alien, meaning from some other place than Earth. Second, if said non-human said it was an alien, what could we request as irrefutable evidence. Certainly, not its word for we already have problems with that from humans. What could be convincing evidence?

What would you demand as evidence?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
Are we being conditioned for a zombie apocalypse? There have been a lot of zombie movies lately and soon to be a TV series (The Walking Dead on AMC)

Are we being conditioned to accept vampires as moody, misunderstood teenagers? There sure are a lot of movies and TV shows about them lately.

Are we being conditioned to accept creatures from Greek mythology? Because there sure have been a lot of bad movies on SyFy about them.

Are we being conditioned to accept Vince Vaughn as a role-model for how to live our lives? Because he sure is in a lot of romantic comedies.

As I said in another thread, "The world is going to hell in a handbag." Thanks for bringing me back to "reality." Especially about Vince Vaughn. And those movies on SyFy are dragging the bottom of the barrell which is already scarred.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Are we being conditioned to accept Vince Vaughn as a role-model for how to live our lives? Because he sure is in a lot of romantic comedies.

Do you mean to say that he is not!? you sarcastic bugger you

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
You can pretty much rule out the stance that we are being "conditioned" through some elite group that has control over the entertainment choices we make. For one thing, if we were being conditioned, then it would have been revealed by now for sure. Three generations have been exposed to "conditioning" and that is one more than necessary in my opinion.

But it never fails, any time there is media success concerning movies or entertainment and it has to do with this subject, someone will twist it into something it is not. Heck, remember the energizer bunny commercial? We had members thinking that was all part of the "program". So yeah. Your line of thought is not new by any means, but I think it is safe to say there is no organized conditioning going on.

What IS going on is CAPITALISM. Your entertainment dollars (either through theater viewings + concessions or T.V. viewings resulting in advertiser dollars) is what drives this. For a long time, Sci-FI has been a proven money maker, heck just look at the AFI's top 100 films and see how many sci-fi.

So, considering reality, it seems to me the most likely conclusion is the correct one, while the least probable conclusion is nothing more than an argument born of ignorance and wish fulfillment. The main problem with most interested in this subject is that they are all to willing to immediately jump to the least probable explanation before considering reason, logic and common sense.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

---

Hi IgnoreTheFacts,

Your principled in your non-beliefs and I think that's cool. But there are others who are open-minded and asking questions about such stuff as the reality of what's going on re manipulation of facts (conditioning) by our elected leaders and how our peoples are ever-so-slowly seeing past the bullXXXX.

Seems to me not all things flying around in earths' skies are Chinese Lanterns. And we are, I feel, past mass panic and can handle government confirmation -- EBEs of many races are here, and have been for a bit.

We're past the point of conditioning thanks to video cameras affordable to average person, some of which, taped unexplainable but REAL stuff in our atmosphere. OSI/NSA/CIA and many of the alphabet agencies, have lost control of the rate in which we are acclimatized to Alien reality -- below, on and above this ball.

Religion holds many of us within the said Ten Commandments. Imagine if through the release of Alien reality it then became proved religious laws were only in place to help us refrain from our naturally-extreme aggressive actions? What would the Courts do?, when swearing on the Bible no longer applies?

Decoy

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Conditioning starts in infancy with your parents. As for movies, it's all driven by m$ney. If it sells, it's being sold. I'm looking forward to The Fourth Kind. Paranormal Activity was excellent btw.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join