It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Loses Bid to Exclude Fox News From Pay Czar Interview

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by Aggie Man

If Fox News is so bad, why are they Number 1 in the ratings?

Answer: Fair and Balanced
Also, we got cute blonds on Fox!

Their ratings and my opinion of them are two different things. They can get the ratings and still be political activists.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
FOX was at the interview sign up meeting and able to get Feinberg interviews and they CHOSE to not sign up. This sounds like staged theatrics put on by Fox to play a 1st amendment victim.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

The entire "Tea Party" idea was STARTED by Rick Santelli on CNBC,

TY for the reminder.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tartarspoon
FOX was at the interview sign up meeting and able to get Feinberg interviews and they CHOSE to not sign up. This sounds like staged theatrics put on by Fox to play a 1st amendment victim.

No. Don't try to rewrite history.
All 5 news organizations got together and decided to say "no"
to the White House. Take all 5 of us or none of us.
Team Obama thought about it for a while and then blinked.
OK. All 5 including Fox News.

Another defeat for Team Obama. More defeats are on the way.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
[Can you just imagine the Bush Administration trying this trick?

Actually, the Bush Administration did try and shut out news organizations - Perino admitted it during an interview on FOX last week - stop spreading lies and get your facts straight!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Actually, the Bush Administration did try and shut out news organizations - Perino admitted it during an interview on FOX last week - stop spreading lies and get your facts straight!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The bottom line is this - The whitehouse has the right to not give interveiws to specific new organizations - there is nothing illegal about it, nothing immoral about it and there are no "rights" involved in this move.

Fox News is not really a news network as much as it is a propaganda machine for the very far right....they are not fair and balanced, they just are not.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
this is an obvious ploy. the WH doesn't care what people say or think.
they have an agenda.
it was a cleverly planned assault on FOX,because every minute they are talking about this encroachment,they are not talking about healthcare or cap and trade.
since when has the god of the world ever paid attention to the rhetoric?
in the face of falling approval poles and falling healthcare backing,he just keeps telling us that ,"the public option is gaining approval."
by who? michelle?

if i was in charge at FOX,i wouldn't even mention it. i would let the other networks cover it. it's like beck says,you have to watch the other hand.

ya know , it's funny. ihe anointed one promised transparency,and if you really look,he told the truth.
the only problem is, that no one wants to look through the window.

what isn't transparent about this lying monster.

oh ,and i hope he has a good time in copenhagen,commiting treason against the UNITED STATES, when he signs away our soveriegnty.

TODAY'S WORD IS... IMPEACHMENT.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by Spectre0o0]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by whackamole
The bottom line is this - The whitehouse has the right to not give interveiws to specific new organizations - there is nothing illegal about it, nothing immoral about it and there are no "rights" involved in this move.

Fox News is not really a news network as much as it is a propaganda machine for the very far right....they are not fair and balanced, they just are not.

So if you extend your logic then the white house also has a right to not give interviews to any news organisation. That might be true and even constitutional, but is that really how you want your government to behave?

Is it ok for Republicans to behave like that too?

[edit on 24-10-2009 by SuperPsycho2012]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Exactly...this has nothing to do with freedom of the press...

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
All 5 news organizations got together and decided to say "no"
to the White House. Take all 5 of us or none of us.
Team Obama thought about it for a while and then blinked.
OK. All 5 including Fox News.

Another defeat for Team Obama. More defeats are on the way.

You should be asking yourself WHY the other networks would do this...

Don't allow yourself to be so easily divided and conquered...

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

This is rather telling of the relative immaturity of the administration. But, this is also somewhat like the classic actual investigative news reporter vs a corrupt company/agency/etc...

like many have been saying.. "Transparency, my foot!"

Now, why in the world would this administration only want to have the news agencies report only what they say they should report. wtf, is this China or something?

Pretty funny. I think this whole thread shows the immaturity of many ATS posters and those who starred their ignorant posts.

Not one of you cares what the real story is. FOX was not excluded. They declined to participate. Only when they saw every other news outlet was present did they decide they wanted to be included. At that point they were included.

I literally just pulled a chunk of my hair out of my head. I have lost all hope for our country. How when we can ever get anything done when the loudest cross section is a bunch of ignorant self-serving buffoons?

This is not about right vs. left: democrat vs. republican or Obama vs. Fox. This is all about the willingness of so many people to latch onto false propaganda without bothering to search for one bit of truth. I am sick to my stomach that you folks are my fellow americans.

I only read the first 3 pages, so if any of you were able to discern even a thread of the truth i apologize.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Finally, someone else that sees this story for what is truly is, bogus. Fox News has turned to high school antics to look like a victim of Obama bullying. At least Fox News is staying true to what they do best.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

A Fox News executive told the Huffington Post Saturday that the network "absolutely" did request an interview with Obama administration "pay czar" Kenneth Feinberg and that the White House acknowledged a mistake on the part of a Treasury department staffer in failing to initially include Fox News in the round of interviews Feinberg conducted Thursday.

"Of course we requested an interview," Fox News Senior Vice President Michael Clemente told the Huffington Post.

This directly contradicts reports by the Associated Press and Talking Points Memo, both of which reported that the White House had excluded Fox News because it did not request an interview.

Whether Fox News requested an interview was irrelevant in this case, however, as the interview was conducted a pool including ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, and Fox News.

Clemente said that CBS News Washington Bureau Chief and current pool chairman Chris Isham — who did not respond to phone or e-mail requests for comment Saturday — received a call from the Treasury Department Thursday saying that Feinberg would be available to speak to all of the networks in the pool except for Fox News, and that Bloomberg would be included instead.

Clemente said that when Isham presented that scenario on a conference call with the other pool members — including Fox News — "they unanimously said, instantly, no, that's not gonna fly. Either Fox is in or none of us is doing it."

Clemente said that CBS News Washington Bureau Chief and current pool chairman Chris Isham — who did not respond to phone or e-mail requests for comment Saturday — received a call from the Treasury Department Thursday saying that Feinberg would be available to speak to all of the networks in the pool except for Fox News, and that Bloomberg would be included instead.

Clemente said that when Isham presented that scenario on a conference call with the other pool members — including Fox News — "they unanimously said, instantly, no, that's not gonna fly. Either Fox is in or none of us is doing it."

"All the networks said, that's it, you've crossed the line," Reid said.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Now we all know the Obama administration is at war with Fox news, so why is it so hard to believe this is true?

[edit on 043131p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

[edit on 043131p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

So the WH releases a statement saying it was all a misunderstanding?

And some people believe that?

And I am the naive one?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Fair-minded Jake Tapper of ABC News came to Fox’s defense by questioning Robert Gibbs about the legitimacy of the attack:

Fair-minded Jake Tapper of ABC News came to Fox’s defense by questioning Robert Gibbs about the legitimacy of the attack:

Tapper: It’s escaped none of our notice that the White House has decided in the last few weeks to declare one of our sister organizations “not a news organization” and to tell the rest of us not to treat them like a news organization. Can you explain why it’s appropriate for the White House to decide that a news organization is not one –

(Crosstalk)

Gibbs: Jake, we render, we render an opinion based on some of their coverage and the fairness that, the fairness of that coverage.

Tapper: But that’s a pretty sweeping declaration that they are “not a news organization.” How are they any different from, say –

Gibbs: ABC -

Tapper: ABC. MSNBC. Univision. I mean how are they any different?

Gibbs: You and I should watch sometime around 9 o’clock tonight. Or 5 o’clock this afternoon.

Tapper: I’m not talking about their opinion programming or issues you have with certain reports. I’m talking about saying thousands of individuals who work for a media organization, do not work for a “news organization” — why is that appropriate for the White House to say?

Gibbs: That’s our opinion.

This past Sunday, Rahm Emanuel and David Axelrod upped the stakes by declaring outright that Fox News is not a news organization, and then working in veiled threats to the other networks:
www.youtube.com...

" Let's not let the CNN and other news media be mislead into following Fox"?

Rahm,

You people trust this guy, you can't be serious?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Funny how so many people on this site accuse people of listening to the MSM and being sheeple.

Yet, you come out against the largest one of all and the defenders come crawling out of the wood work.

I thought there was free will in this country. And that doesn't exclude the president. If he doesn't want to talk to Fox, or his staff, then they shouldn't have too.

There is freedome of speech and freedom from speech. If Fox had intended to interview the president, then maybe they shouldn't of gone around calling Michelle the baby momma or that she and obama are using a terrorist fist jab. And insulting black people on a regular basis.

Talking to them would be like talking to the Sun or the Star.

So Obama not interviewing with them is also marxist and a dictatorship too?

And how exactly not wanting to talk to the press a dictatorship?

You people are throwing those words around so much they don't even have meaning anymore.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

We paid $3 billion for these television stations. We will decide what the news is. The news is what we tell you it is!"

- alleged comment by David Boylan, station manager for Fox Tampa Bay (WTVT Ch 13) to two reporters who are currently suing the network for firing them and censoring a story about the use of bovine growth hormone in Florida cows.

fox producer caught

yep, fair and reliable.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
This has got to be the most paranoid and protected white house in US history.

If they weren't so damned corrupt then they'd have nothing to fear from Fox News or anyone else.

I believe it is time for a media czar to clean up Fox news.

Just got to find a way to nationalize the company first.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Yeah right.

The Bush Administration never tried to label MSNBC or any other
network as "not a news organization."
Nice try.

Only Team Obama is foolish enough to try that trick.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

That's the truth.
Some here on this thread are in denial.
Team Obama look like fools.
They are too thin skinned to be in the White House.
They should all resign by Thanksgiving.
Give Joe Biden a chance.

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join