It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Loses Bid to Exclude Fox News From Pay Czar Interview

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Well, what is interesting is that there are a lot of Democrats, Liberals and others coming to the defense of Fox News.

Of course, some of those are Fox News contributors, but if you listen to the haters, Fox News doesn't have any Democrat or liberal contributors.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I can't believe what some of you are still today posting here.

You have gone way beyond any common sence what so ever defending the Govt.

You are so stuck on the left vs right that you can't even see the picture at all.

You better snap out of it before you find your self with this;

You've been weighed, You've been measured, and you have been found Wanting.

And that would be Wanting your freedom back....................

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Fox sued for their right to lie and won..

The court agreed with WTVT's (Fox) argument "that the FCC's policy against the intentional falsification of the news -- which the FCC has called its "news distortion policy" -- does not qualify as the required "law, rule, or regulation" under section 448.102.[...] Because the FCC's news distortion policy is not a "law, rule, or regulation" under section 448.102
Source

You are better off watching Daily Show on Comedy Central than Fox as a news consumer
Pew Reasearch

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

I realize the difference and even concede that there may be some real content, barring the commentators, but my concern lies with the general consensus of those watching. The crap people get from Fox commentary, which they mistake for news, is seriously damaging America. Whether you and I can see the difference between Glenn Beck and the news at 6 doesn't reflect well on everyone else, so it would seem.

What's the difference of foxnews and its viewers compared to politicians and their constituents? Don't constituents fall for the crap politicians spew out?

Maybe your complaint lies on how gullible people are nowadays to believe everything they hear,

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by candide

Point blank here. Is it right for a President to attempt to control media content; yes or no? There is no third side here.

I'm an Independent by the way. I dislike both Parties equally. My viewpoint is based solely on Obama's actions.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by aCurious1
It's amusing to see some of the "outrage" and expressions of "unprecedented" on this issue. How quickly one forgets all that the bush admin did to exclude the "liberal" media from coming near bush...

I'm the one who suggested that this tactic regarding blocking a single news source from access to the administration is unprecedented.

I don't recall anything like this happening.

If you have evidence that the Bush 43 did this, I'd like to see it. I never remember Bush bashing his detractors, whether they were from the media or the public.

Bush never had one bad word to say about Cindy Sheehan even while she staked out his ranch in Texas and created many problems for Crawford, TX, for example.

Obama has trashed the tea party participants and has declared a war on Fox.

Show us the evidence.

[edit on 2009/10/23 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus

If it's so easy to tell the difference between commentary and real news, why do so many people parrot the commentary as if it provided real facts?

Your bias is equal to the bias you are accusing others of. You can't see that?

Remember this topic is about freedom of speech. Either you believe in it or you don't. Either you want everyone to have the same rights or you don't. If you only want those you agree with to have it, you are opposed to free speech and it is that simple.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
reply to post by kyred

Well, what is interesting is that there are a lot of Democrats, Liberals and others coming to the defense of Fox News.

Of course, some of those are Fox News contributors, but if you listen to the haters, Fox News doesn't have any Democrat or liberal contributors.

That is the most dangerous part of Partisanship at the level people stop thinking critically. They leave themselves wide open to be controlled and manipulated.

I think a lot of people choose a side and then let the Party do the thinking for them so they don't have too. That is what will bring the country down in the end. Intellectual laziness.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by candide
Fox sued for their right to lie and won..

You are better off watching Daily Show on Comedy Central than Fox as a news consumer

According to your citation, Fox did not sue for the right to lie, but to confirm that the grounds for the suit against them were not valid. There is a big difference.

The citation does not include any facts about the full nature of the alleged false information or all the conditions that led to the dismissal of the reporters.

The matter at hand here is not that Fox always gets the facts correct, but that they are a valid news agency.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by paranoiaFTW
In my America ... Fox News is one of the biggest problems. They are the opposite of progress ....
Actually, the opposite of "pro" is "con". The former being "in favor of" and the latter "against or contrary to". By that, the opposite of "Progress" would be "Congress".

(My hat tipped to comedian Nipsey Russell for pointing this out approximately two decades ago.)

[edit on 10/23/2009 by abecedarian]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Although I don't watch other new sources anymore because of being sickened by years of overtly biased news reporting on the broadcast networks, I have to give them a tip of the hat for standing up for Fox News.

I'll agree that now that Obama is in office there are a few gems that will be snuck out of Fox to get the Elephants pissed at the Jackasses they are far from "fair and balanced"

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Really? They cant figure out that this behavior is only emboldening Fox and Fox's audience?

Either they're all a bunch of grade-A morons or there is something else going on.

Yes this is ominous, they are doing something novel here to deliberately piss off the Elephants, too soon to tell exactly to what end though. Perhaps to incite a revolt? The Elephants have all the guns so perhaps it would be something along the lines of a "1933 Business Plot" repeat with Elephants in place of WWI veterans? Fox has already shown it's control over this demographic with the Teabag Movement protesting all other news agencies but Fox.

[edit on 23-10-2009 by wanderingwaldo]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

I think a lot of people choose a side and then let the Party do the thinking for them so they don't have too. That is what will bring the country down in the end. Intellectual laziness.

The left is so virulent that anyone who disagrees with them will incur the fullness of their wrath. If you are a young person and you run with a liberal crowd or you attend a liberal school, you can lose most of your friends and have your education derailed by those who would destroy you for your convictions.

Peer pressure is extremely effective and it is employed with full force in these circles.

The thing I always notice about these attacks on conservatives, Republicans, and Fox News, etc., is that the attacks, no matter who I hear them from, all sound the same. It's almost like they are being quoted and these attacks pop up nearly at the same time.

When a person truly states his convictions, he does not need to quote someone else, though he might choose to do so. A man of conviction can speak from his heart and in his own words.

This is a quality that I find missing in the arguments of so many on the left. There is so little conviction and so much hate.

Sadly, though, this trait is not exclusive to the left.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wanderingwaldo

Yeah that is the downfall of the Obama admin. They love Mao, and like to use his quote about change comes at the end of the gun, but they forgot who has all the guns

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
So because some people don't agree with what fox reports then they must be invalid? Yet on that same token, I don't agree with the perspective that MSNBC brings to the table while being mostly sympathetic towards Fox reporting....mostly. So then with that logic when the next conservative based administration comes into power and if they begin to snub MSNBC because of their biased reporting would it be acceptable to you morons if we supported that? Hell no! Don't be such douche bags, we all see things differently, Al Jazeera has their biases, BBC has theirs, Tokya Today has theirs....MSNBC is extremely biased.....So I thank you all to respect a multitude of different eyes on this administration is the way it should be and has to be, lest we end up like Venuzuela or Cuba, ect.

But this is actually a blessing for them to tip their hand in this manner, it only further illustrates the point that these right wing outlets have been telling you, and that is been simply....Beware of this man, beware of these people surrounding him and beware of your own misguided culpability in everything that happens in their name!

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by whackamole
YES MSNBC is Biased; however the run credible non-spun news stories without spin during most of the day. They do have programs that make them cheerleaders for Obama, true, but what the WH is saying is that FOX is anti-Obama all the time.....have you watched Fox and Friends?

By the way this all started because Obama did not grant Fox an interview a few sunday's back - now they are at war with him and not the other way around.....don't loose perspective just cuase you are a consertative....

It's really difficult to take you seriously when you "loose" your ability to spell.
When I LOSE my temper, and try to defend my beliefs, I do it in a way that makes my point seem intelligent. Maybe Acorn can help fox news out.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wanderingwaldo
Fox has already shown it's control over this demographic with the Teabag Movement protesting all other news agencies but Fox.

I was with you until you got to this.

Fox News picked up on the tea party movement.

Fox News covered the phenomenon, while the other news networks either ignored it or maligned it.

There was no need for the tea party movement to protest Fox News. Fox was out there reporting.

What was protested was one "journalist" who while on camera maligned and denigrated the protestors and she did incur their wrath.

It should be noted that while she did nearly soil her pants on camera, she escaped unscathed.

It's good to get the facts straight.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

It makes sense really, but I am too a little surprised that the industry stood up for them. They are not really coming to the defense of Fox news specifically, but also more or less to their own defense preemptively speaking. They realize that the administration would do what they are doing to Fox to them in a heartbeat if they strayed from the control they are under.

What really kills me is how Obama could get a HUGE bump here and he is passing it up. If Fox news is so bad, spreading lies and misrepresenting the facts about the administration and it's personnel, why not just answer their allegations and prove them wrong. That would show the people that Obama could actually argue his point of view and politics adequately.

But they can't do that because, and I hate to say it, Fox has some dead right things being aired that the people need to see.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Fox isn't news and anyone with an I.Q. over 50 knows this. I suppose they should let American Idol judges in as well? Ha.

P.S. Fox is now pushing McCains agenda to destroy the internet so enjoy ATS while you still can because soon it will cost you $19.95 a month to enable ATS at your ISP.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Exactly, all you people that hate on fox do so because you don't watch fox and don't know whats going on. What motive does this administration have to alienate fox from positive public opinion? You know the answer and it's been the same motive throughout history. Fox has been giving you all way too much truth. The joke is most certainly on the left on this one, you are absolutely convinced the Fox is the bad guy. You have convinced yourself the "right wing" and "conservative" are bad words and full of bad people. I feel you got it totally opposite.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

Fox isn't news and anyone with an I.Q. over 50 knows this. I suppose they should let American Idol judges in as well? Ha.

P.S. Fox is now pushing McCains agenda to destroy the internet so enjoy ATS while you still can because soon it will cost you $19.95 a month to enable ATS at your ISP.

your P.S. note seems to indicate that you tune in to them.

The issue isn't who watches Foxnews or what Foxnews agenda is. The issue is whether the WH should include or exclude them?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join