It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Loses Bid to Exclude Fox News From Pay Czar Interview

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I have lost all faith in you Liberals! What happened to anti-establishment? Government is the establishment people!

You commit so many fallacies its absurd. Always a good strategy to attack the person or in this case the media outlet, rather than the point that is being made. It shows that you really can't defend your opinions.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by whackamole
YES MSNBC is Biased; however the run credible non-spun news stories without spin during most of the day. They do have programs that make them cheerleaders for Obama, true, but what the WH is saying is that FOX is anti-Obama all the time.....have you watched Fox and Friends?

By the way this all started because Obama did not grant Fox an interview a few sunday's back - now they are at war with him and not the other way around.....don't loose perspective just cuase you are a consertative....

Now Fox started the war?! Come on! MSNBS, CNN, CBS, and most major Newspapers did this to Bush for the better part of 8 years. Now they are a bunch of cheerleaders for the government. It's absolutely amazing what is going on in this country.

The freaking New York Times buried a story before the election because they deemed it a "game changer" for the Obama campaign. Don't know what I'm talking about, maybe you should tune into Fox once in a while or go check out what Michelle Malkin has been reporting on.

I voted for Obama because I bought into the change and hope mantra. They just took what was wrong with government to begin with and did 1000 fold. That's not CHANGE! This is just so sad.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Faux News SUCKS

But this is NO different from Faux News excluding Ron Paul and Dennis Kuccinich from the presidential debates.

Just goes to show you, they are all the same

Uh, yeah it is. It's WAY different. Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, heck any news agencies, aren't government entities that make laws. The White House IS.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I too voted for Obama, and I too am dissappointed. My political views lean more left than right, but there are a lot of things that I don't agree with Liberals on. A lot of my greatest friends are gun shooting, deer hunting beer drinking consertatives that don't understand why we have to say the pledge in Spanish...I get them, for the most part agree as long as things don't get racial. But Fox is crazy.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I rather like it, FOX depends on bullying and now they get treated like bullies.

Fine with me

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by r3dman

To drunk now to validate my point....

Interesting.

Is this a common problem?

Perhaps, your ability to assess the quality of news sources is also impaired.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandletlive

I'm not a fan of Richard Nixon, so you won't find me defending his presidency. There were many abuses.

My statement was that the attack by the administration on one news network is unprecedented.

Regardless, Obama promised us much better than we have become accustomed to in the transparency department.

Dragging Richard Nixon out of the grave is hardly relevant.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllexxisF1
Notice how their are no sources in this story, other than Fox of course.

They are NOT a legitimate non biased news organization. If you believe that than you seriously have some mental issues.

I can safely assume that you don't watch Fox News because your statement is so far off base that it is shameful.

When you are comparing Fox News to other networks, you need to compare them on their hard news programs, like Special Edition with Bret Baier or Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace or either of Shepard Smith's news programs.

Most of the rest of the programming is hosted by mostly conservative commentators, but I believe that you will note if you watch that there are plenty of Democrat and liberal voices to be heard.

I know you're not really paying attention, but here are some stories and sources you might find more to your tastes:

White House advisers have stepped up their attacks on Fox News, claiming the cable television network is a Republican mouthpiece whose programming "is geared toward making money."

www.msnbc.msn.com...

During an interview Monday, October 19, with NBC correspondent Savannah Guthrie, President Obama defended recent comments made by White House officials attacking Fox News, saying he "isn't losing a lot of sleep" over the issue.

www.examiner.com...

Thursday, the Obama administration escalated its war with Fox News by trying to bar the cable channel's White House correspondent from a press pool event. To their credit, the four other members of the pool -- ABC, NBC, CBS and CNN -- told the White House if Fox were barred none of them would participate in the interview session.

weblogs.baltimoresun.com...

A White House effort to undermine conservative critics is generating a backlash on Capitol Hill — and not just from Republicans.

“It’s a mistake,” said Rep. Jason Altmire, a moderate Democrat from western Pennsylvania. “I think it’s beneath the White House to get into a tit for tat with news organizations.”

www.politico.com...

The White House attempted to block Fox News from a round of interviews with "pay czar" Kenneth Feinberg Thursday, but the Washington bureau chiefs of the five TV networks included in the White House pool refused to interview Feinberg unless Fox News was included.

Read more at: www.huffingtonpost.com...

The heated back-and-forth between the White House and Fox News has brought equal delight to Fox’s conservative commentators, who revel in the fight, and liberal Democrats, who have long characterized the network as a purveyor of right-wing propaganda rather than fact-based journalism.

Speaking privately at the White House on Monday with a group of mostly liberal columnists and commentators, including Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann of MSNBC and Maureen Dowd, Frank Rich and Bob Herbert of The New York Times, Mr. Obama himself gave vent to sentiments about the network, according to people briefed on the conversation.

Then, in an interview with NBC News on Wednesday, the president went public. “What our advisers have simply said is that we are going to take media as it comes,” he said. “And if media is operating, basically, as a talk radio format, then that’s one thing. And if it’s operating as a news outlet, then that’s another.”

www.nytimes.com...

[edit on 2009/10/23 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Thank God for Fox News. If it wasn't for them we would not have any idea of what the Obama administration has been up to and their apparent desire to make this into a Marxist state.

Also, thank God that the other news orgs stood up for Fox, even though they are competitors they acknowledge Fox News is a real news org.

[edit on 23-10-2009 by WarIsASport]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarIsASport
Thank God for Fox News. If it wasn't for them we would not have any idea of what the Obama administration has been up to and their apparent desire to make this into a Marxist state.

Amen

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
so - refusing to play into the game of a relentless hate machine is some how no longer admirable?

God could come out of the clouds and decree unto all man kind that Obama's policies are correct, and republicans would start denouncing God.

Jon Stewart said it best:

"Republicans hate Obama, more than they love America"

I don't blame the administration. There's no point in talking to a child who has their fingers in the ears screaming "LA LA LA LA L LAAAAAAAAAAAA LA LA LA" at the top of their lungs.

[edit on 23-10-2009 by Snarf]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllexxisF1
Fox Noise is right wing radio on tv and they should be treated as such.

They are NOT a legitimate non biased news organization. If you believe that than you seriously have some mental issues.

What a bunch of crap, but of course it had to come from a leftwinger who probably thinks Castro's News Network, MSNBC and the like are unbiased, and reliable sources.... The irony.....

The leftwingers can't stand the fact that most Americans don't listen to their propaganda channels even though they have more leftwing propaganda channels than there are rightwing news sources on tv, or even online.

The funny thing is that several members have been just having an argument with some obama fans in these same forums who claim this is not happening, and now we know this... but of course, and like always the hardline leftwingers like to either ignore facts, or they dismiss them entirely, and of course they don't accept news that don't come from their leftwing propaganda machine.

This is a country where FREEDOM OF SPEECH, and FREEDOM OF THE PRESS is supposed to exist, but to many leftwingers FREEDOM of anything should only exist for the leftwingers.

[edited for errors]

[edit on 23-10-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
I don't blame the administration. There's no point in talking to a child who has their fingers in the ears screaming "LA LA LA LA L LAAAAAAAAAAAA LA LA LA" at the top of their lungs.

Obviously you don't like to admit that the administration is doing exactly what you claim "Republicans" are doing..... They don't want to listen to anyone but their propaganda leftwing machines... They have also been trying to shut down conservative radio hosts, and it is not for good reason despite the lies and claims from people like you.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Terrorist Fist Jab

www.youtube.com...

Fox "News" on Obama

During the June 6 edition of Fox News' America's Pulse, host E.D. Hill teased an upcoming discussion by saying, "A fist bump? A pound? A terrorist fist jab? The gesture everyone seems to interpret differently."

[edit on 23-10-2009 by Jezus]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

A relentless hate machine? Are you talking about Fox News or the Obama administration? I have never seen one thing on Fox News that is a even a bit hateful, but I understnd where you are coming from since Progressives tend to think that anyone who doesn't agree with them are haters.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by r3dman

To drunk now to validate my point....

Interesting.

Is this a common problem?

Perhaps, your ability to assess the quality of news sources is also impaired.

I was about to say the same thing.

But of course, he and others will try to say he is doing this because it is the fault of "Republicans"....

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Yep, Progressives think everyone is the victim or at least that is what they must convince the public is true in order to implement their dream Nanny State.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarIsASport
Yep, Progressives think everyone is the victim or at least that is what they must convince the public is true in order to implement their dream Nanny State.

You are right, and it is good to see that quite a few members can see the truth of what is happening.

Second, or third line.

[edit on 23-10-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

The only victims I see are the poor peoples whose lives have been destroyed by the Progressive ideology that convinces people they are helpless and entitled in order to gain more votes.

Now we havea growing number of people in this country who think they don't have to work and are entitled for the government to provide for their every wish.

Thank God for Fox pointing out this selfish and destructive agenda thats only purpose is a massive power grab.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Wow,

I don't watch the news. I don't even have cable. I get my news from other sources. I really don't know what fox has been up to for the last few years but I hear about it all of the time.

I'd say that Fox news is mentioned on this website more than all of the others combined.

I see a lot of strong feelings and not a few childishly hatefull sentiments thrown around each way.

Now the White House wants to keep them from being included with the others on information.

Why would an administration be so afraid of a news network?

(Incidentally, why are there so many people on this website that start throwing insults at each other like monkeys flinging crap every time Fox is mentioned?)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join