It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Loses Bid to Exclude Fox News From Pay Czar Interview

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

White House Loses Bid to Exclude Fox News From Pay Czar Interview

www.foxnews.com

The Obama administration on Thursday tried to make "pay czar" Kenneth Feinberg available for interviews to every member of the White House pool except Fox News. The pool is the five-network rotation that for decades has shared the costs and duties of daily coverage of the presidency.

But the Washington bureau chiefs of the five TV networks consulted and decided that none of their reporters would interview Feinberg unless Fox News was included.

The administration relented....
(visit the link for the full news article)

+24 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
As far as I know, this assault against Fox News by the administration is unprecedented and it flies into the face of the much touted transparency that candidate Obama promised as part of his "change" and "hope" platform.

This is very dangerous ground for the administration to take because of Fox's growing reputation for "fair and balanced" news reporting across a broad cross-section of the public, including liberals.

Yes, I know that there are some very conservative commentators on Fox News, but when I speak of their news coverage, I speak of the hard news programs and not the various commentary shows that dominate the news day.

Still, Fox employs a host of liberal contributors, including Bob Beckel, Juan Williams, Ellis Henican, Morton Kondracke, and a host of others.

Although I don't watch other new sources anymore because of being sickened by years of overtly biased news reporting on the broadcast networks, I have to give them a tip of the hat for standing up for Fox News.

Of course they can see the handwriting on the wall and realize that unless the "fourth estate" makes a united stand in favor of the First Amendment, then any one of them could be the next to be excluded.

Even if you voted for Obama, I would suggest that you watch closely these tactics that the Obama administration uses and pay attention to the rhetoric of those with whom the president surrounds himself.

The Left for more than eight years falsely accused the Bush administration of treating the constitution as "just a piece of paper" and now we have a president that actually does that.

In fact, it has been my observation that every thing that the Left has accused Bush of being, Obama is in spades.

Stay tuned.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2009/10/23 by GradyPhilpott]

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Obamas transparency is a joke.

It's like that bug that keeps flying into the window, it thinks it can just go through, but it can't get anywhere!

But at least he's concerned with opinions of the people....oh wait, just read it... no, no he's not.

Haha, I just thought what if Bush had done something similar! Wow, i'd say maybe riots in the streets!

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
For me, I will take a stance that is opposite of my "normal" in regards to this administration. I think this whole deal is ludicrous. The White House is in the wrong here. And I believe that they should allow Fox News full access. The wider Fox opens their mouths, the deeper in they can place their foot in it. Let them fail on their own merits...

[edit on 23-10-2009 by Aggie Man]

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Really? They cant figure out that this behavior is only emboldening Fox and Fox's audience?

Either they're all a bunch of grade-A morons or there is something else going on.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
yeah as far as i can tell this is first too... obama is a dictator...

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Faux News SUCKS

But this is NO different from Faux News excluding Ron Paul and Dennis Kuccinich from the presidential debates.

Just goes to show you, they are all the same

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
This is very dangerous ground for the administration to take because of Fox's growing reputation for "fair and balanced" news reporting across a broad cross-section of the public, including liberals.

WOW! how much is FOX paying you?

Here(in my country) i have FOX NEWS and CNN(might be others, i dont know as i laugh at these 2 the most) so i dont know how biased the other channels are. But seriously if u believe FOX is a creditable news organization you really need to get see a bigger perspective.. FOX is the biggest news organization that runs on there own agenda i have ever seen.

To drunk now to validate my point, but seriously find some independent news sites that dont follow there bosses agenda...

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Yes, I know that Faux News sucks, but this discussion is about Fox News and the attempted exclusion of them from an interview with a White House official.

Try to pay attention.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

As far as I know, this assault against Fox News by the administration is unprecedented and it flies into the face of the much touted transparency that candidate Obama promised as part of his "change" and "hope" platform.

I believe Nixon did the same thing. That was a great administration! .......of course there was that whole Watergate thing...... oh and he abolished the gold standard.....and there was that impeachment thing because of the little federal crimes he was involved with.....but other than that........

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by r3dman

WOW! how much is FOX paying you?

Here(in my country) i have FOX NEWS and CNN(might be others, i dont know as i laugh at these 2 the most) so i dont know how biased the other channels are. But seriously if u believe FOX is a creditable news organization you really need to get see a bigger perspective.. FOX is the biggest news organization that runs on there own agenda i have ever seen.

To drunk now to validate my point, but seriously find some independent news sites that dont follow there bosses agenda...

You mean like the BBC?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Its all a dog and pony show and people are just falling for it. There is no hatred of fox news by the White House. In order to have a good guy you need to have a bad guy. In politics they act like they hate each other but behind closed doors the would have no problem doing a wife swap.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

This is getting childish now, I expect better out of the office of the President. It totally lacks class and decorum.

What are they going to do next, start screaming "I can't hear you" when Fox asks a question at a press briefing.........

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Notice how their are no sources in this story, other than Fox of course.

Moreover why should the Obama Administration allow Fox to interview anyone. Should they allow Stephen Colbert or Jon Steward? perhaps Big Bird or Oprah.

Fox Noise is right wing radio on tv and they should be treated as such.

They are NOT a legitimate non biased news organization. If you believe that than you seriously have some mental issues.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
If all you watch is FOX news than you have no clue as to what is really going on in the news - they spin things and run stories that seek to do nothing rally the republician base against America and her President.

I watch FOX for the hot babes and the entertainment, I watch and listen just to hear how insane the far right can be...but, I watch CNN for the real news and Fox only if I am feeling horny or need a good laugh!

Anyone notice the new ads that Fox is now putting on....going way out of their way to promote themselves as Fair and Balanced....I have even see a change in the interviewing as I am now seeing them give time to the oposition....but make no mistake, they look like a duck, talk like a duck, and I think you know the rest......

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Whether you like Fox news or not, they have just as much of a right to interviews as any other news group. The selective media crap from this administration has to stop. Just because you don't like what and how they portray news does not give the right to exclude them. Controlling the media is one of the ways you start on the path to a dictatorship

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Oh, I listen to a left radio host in the morning named Stephanie Miller...she likes to say, "what the FOX" when she hears something ridicilous - so now I do too....what the Fox?

Fair and Balance - What the Fox?
Real News on Fox - what the Fox?
Hot babes, former pagent winners - ok that is true
Carl Rove's Opnion - What the Fox?
Dick Cheney opend his piehole again? - What the Fox?
Ann Cultar - What the Fox?
Glen 'the crazy like a fox' Beck - what the fox?
Rush 'cheeseburger eating' Limbaugh is a good guy - what the fox?
Bill 'fondling interns' O'riley is smart cause he is from Havard - what the fox

So much more to add, so little time and space!!!

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AllexxisF1

You can't be serious! I suppose MSNBS is credible and not biased. No NBC doesn't have a perspective, which was the excuse Obama gave for the actions his administration is taking against Fox. This is just so sad. Remember folks, in the future a President or Congress will come along again that you don't like. How will you feel if they act in this manner? How will you feel when they use the power of Government to marginalize dissenting opinions? What about when the use all these new found powers to conduct social engineering that you oppose? If you wouldn't want a political opponent to act in this way, then you shouldn't support it because the dear leader says its okay. Stop outsourcing your brains to D.C.!!!

Bunch of ostriches.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Dictatorship - yeah, you must have gotten that from Fox - Stop using concepts and fear to try and get others to belive you....use logic and facts instead.

Could you imagine if we had a pool of reporters from every walk of life with no credentials? I am sorry but that just is not logically feasable and yes the WH should exclude media outlets for interviews - I would not expect Obama to grant me an interview just because I write a weekly blog....your arguement is not logical therefore requires not facts to back it up....all you can say is that this is the path to dictatorship....hummm I say the last person that wanted to be a dictator Bush is gone - have you seen the presidental orders that he signed off on taking away your rights? One of the first things Obama did was retract the previous dictator's presidental orders proclaiming himself above the law! Come on, wake up.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
YES MSNBC is Biased; however the run credible non-spun news stories without spin during most of the day. They do have programs that make them cheerleaders for Obama, true, but what the WH is saying is that FOX is anti-Obama all the time.....have you watched Fox and Friends?

By the way this all started because Obama did not grant Fox an interview a few sunday's back - now they are at war with him and not the other way around.....don't loose perspective just cuase you are a consertative....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join