It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Gas Plant Explosion Rocks Puerto Rico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Major Gas Plant Explosion Rocks Puerto Rico

www.rttnews.com

TOP MARKET NEWS

Senate Passes Legislation Extending Hate Crimes Protections

Microsoft Q1 Profit Slides; Adj. EPS Beats View; Stock Up - Update 2

Stocks Showing A Lack Of Conviction In Morning Trading - U.S. Commentary

Existing Home Sales Jump To Highest Level In Over Two Years

Fortune Brands Q3 Profit Plunges, Yet Tops View; Revises FY09 Earnings Forecast - Update
(RTTNews) - An explosion at the gasoline warehouse and distribution center of Caribbean Petroleum Corp. on San Juan's bay rocked Catano, a neighborhood outside Puerto Rico's capital, after midnight Fri
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.google.com
news.google.co m
news .google.com

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Me and my family all heard the explosion at around 12:00 midnight. It was a very loud explosion and series of explosions... This is probably going to cause alot of panic here because nobody knows what triggered the explosions yet and if this causes a rise in gas prices things are just going to get worse... The governor is supposed to have a speech at 12 but he has many haters... He's terminated alot of employees and I wouldn't be surprised if the cause was a group of pissed off employees that did this... Or it could've been an inside gov. job... to trigger oil prices? Or maybe it was the greys... they've been really annoying in the Metro Area lately... :S

www.rttnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I don't know how to put youtube videos on here so here's a link of footage...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 23-10-2009 by Cisko]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The FBI reported that "suspicious graffiti" was found on site and that several of the water mains used to pump water from San Juan Bay were damaged to the extent that firefighters could not obtain water.

Sounds like one of the independence movements or a radical environmental group set off a bomb. Especially given the timing (12:30am when few if any staff would be on site and the nearby roads not as busy - minimizing casaulties is a key goal of both of the aforementioned groups)

edition.cnn.com...

Newspaper and TV reports said a 4-inch pipe from a lagoon on the property was broken, preventing firefighters from using 2 million gallons of water from the lake to battle the blaze.

FBI Agent Shawn Deturn confirmed that authorities were looking into graffiti found on at least one San Juan tunnel that mentioned the fire. The spray-painted message at the Minillas Tunnel in San Juan said: "Boom, fire, RIP, Gulf, Soul, ACNF." A second tunnel was reported to have the same message. Officials do not know who or what ACNF is, Deturn said.

Definitely sounds like intentional acts of sabotage to me.

new topics

join