It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran fails to accept UN uranium enrichment plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

TEHRAN, Iran – State TV says Iran wants to buy nuclear fuel it needs for a research reactor rather than accept a U.N.-drafted plan to ship much of its uranium to Russia for further enrichment.
Friday's report quotes an unnamed source close to Iran's negotiating team as saying Tehran is waiting for a response to its proposal to buy nuclear fuel for the reactor, which is used to make radioactive medical isotopes.
Iran's response will come as a disappointment to the U.S., Russia and France, which all endorsed the U.N. plan Friday. The three countries formulated the draft plan in three days of talks with Iran in Vienna that ended Wednesday.

Google

The US and France expected this.

I would say this is a slap in the face of Russia and China which have supported this.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Not suprising to me at all. This is just another stall tactic by the lunatics in charge of Iran. North Korea has been the leader in stalling for a while but Iran is taking the lead while we sit around and get nothing done.

Start the bombing already so we can move on to the next crisis. I am getting bored with Iran. We are either going to stop them OR we are not going to stop them but there is no reason to prolong this inept process.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Sense says...
Not suprising to me at all. This is just another stall tactic by the lunatics in charge of Iran. North Korea has been the leader in stalling for a while but Iran is taking the lead while we sit around and get nothing done.

Start the bombing already so we can move on to the next crisis. I am getting bored with Iran. We are either going to stop them OR we are not going to stop them but there is no reason to prolong this inept process.

Be very carefull what you wish for. Start the bombing you say, so we can move on to the next crisis?

My friend, as soon as the bombing does start, the next crisis wont be to far away, WW3. Dont think cause your tucked far away from Iran that this would'nt effect you.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I am no fan of Iran, but there is entirely too much attention being paid to them when there are far bigger threats from other countries such as Israel. No one ever mentions them in the MSM and when they're mentioned here whoever mentions them is "anti-sematic" or a "jew-hater".
Lets stick to the important issues people.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Why are world powers wasting their time with this instead of laughing the paranoid Zionists out of the room? Who the hell is this puny apartheid state to have us running around circles so they can feel more safe whiles they murder more Palestinians? The world has truly gone mad and I hope we make it sane again. I encourage Iran to keep their backbone firm, a puny apartheid state should not be taken seriously by anyone in the region or this world for that matter.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Not really surprising since higher level officials from the revolutionary guards have continuously denied that this deal would ever go thru' since it was drafted. Don't be fooled by the low-level diplomats saying deals will be considered, as they don't have the authority to do anything at all. There was never any real deal, and there probably won't ever be!

Really stupid comments like the last one should just be ignored, because I've learnt that you cannot argue with extremely ignorant people.

[edit on 23-10-2009 by john124]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Barack Obama's policy on brink of collapse as Tehran does last-minute nuclear stall

President Obama’s policy of diplomatic engagement with Iran is close to collapse as Tehran backtracks on a crucial deal aimed at cutting its stockpiles of nuclear fuel.

Britain, France and Israel believe that Iran has all the know-how it needs to build a bomb and that weaponisation studies have continued despite Tehran’s insistence that it halted them years ago.

The IAEA has called Western intelligence on weaponisation “compelling”

Hmm, even the IAEA calling the evidence against the Iranian regime compelling. Even the ignorant supporters of despots here cannot ignore that!

[edit on 23-10-2009 by john124]

top topics

join