It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bailout: Taxpayers bought stock, did you get your certificate?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
No? Neither did I.

Published: April 8, 2009

During World War I, Americans were exhorted to buy Liberty Bonds to help their soldiers on the front.
Now, it seems, they will be asked to come to the aid of their banks — with the added inducement of possibly making some money for themselves.

www.nytimes.com...

I was watching the new this morning, and they were spouting how the US Taxpayer is an investor in these banks that our government bailed out.

And then in the same breath, one bank manager is getting some $9 million in bonuses.

Well, the last time I bought a stock in a company, I received a stock certificate.

Now that I see the banks are doing so well that they can give bonuses out to their CEO's, CFO's etc, I would like to sell my stock,

but I can't find my certificate.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The government saying "taxpayers bought" and "taxpayers return" is like a pimp telling a ho she's working for her money then taking all of her money and saying "whatever you need baby I'll buy for you just ask." Sure the ho gets beaten up and raped and served drugs to keep her in line but that's her money and she can have anything she needs.

I don't know which is worse, the government lying and playing word games to dupe idiots into being happy about the extortion and rape or the fact that there really are plenty of idiots who absolutely love the rape and extortion.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
This is pretty good, we should start calling, emailing our representatives on where we pick up our stock options.

2nd line

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
The government saying "taxpayers bought" and "taxpayers return" is like a pimp telling a ho she's working for her money then taking all of her money and saying "whatever you need baby I'll buy for you just ask." Sure the ho gets beaten up and raped and served drugs to keep her in line but that's her money and she can have anything she needs.

Interesting analogy, and quite accurate I'm afraid.

If our taxes are going towards investments, should then paying taxes be voluntary. Well, we all no the answer to that..

I question the constitutionality of using taxpayer money to invest in banks.

Taxes are meant to pave roads, build bridges, etc. Never in the history of taxing has the taxpayers money been blatantly used as an investment. And never has any stock purchase not included a certificate. Shafted.

Many Americans say they believe the bailout programs — and the potentially rich profits they could yield — will benefit only a golden few, including some of the institutions that helped push the economy to the brink.

www.nytimes.com...

[edit on 23-10-2009 by Brothers in Arms]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
This is pretty good, we should start calling, emailing our representatives on where we pick up our stock options.

2nd line

According to the government, we (Americans) have invested around $4.4 Trillion.

# The equity research division of financial firm Keefe, Bruyette & Wood estimates that the U.S. has spent $3.2 trillion and allocated $10.8 trillion. This includes bailouts financed by the Treasury, the Fed, the FDIC, and HUD.

# Bloomberg says the U.S. has spent $4.17 trillion and allocated $12.8 trillion. Kiel says that "Bloomberg’s total is higher because it includes things like tax breaks for banks and both stimulus packages (President Bush’s 2008 tax rebates and Obama's 2009 bill)."

# The Congressional Oversight Panel chaired by Harvard's Elizabeth Warren tallied things slightly differently and says the U.S. has spent $4.4 trillion so far.

blog.newsweek.com...

So, if there is 300,000,000 Americans, that means every man, woman and child has invested around $14,600. So a family of 4 has invested $58,400.

The average American family YEARLY income is $50,000.

So every American family has a years worth of labor invested in bailing out these banksters.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Brothers in Arms

No but I did get a free chicken, and watermelon coupon.... Does that count as part of it?

What for it........

new topics

top topics

join