It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Difference between Conservative & Liberals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
This doesn't just apply to the USA but for most politics a small thing i stumbled upon.

Random Thoughts On The Difference Between “Us” And “Them” Sad but true...

If a , conservative doesn’t like guns, they don’t buy one. If a liberal doesn’t like guns, then no one should have one.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, they don’t eat meat. If a liberal is, they want to ban all meat products for everyone.

If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat his enemy. A liberal wonders how to surrender gracefully and still look good.

If a conservative is homosexual, they quietly enjoy their life. If a liberal is homosexual, they loudly demand legislated respect.

If a black man or Hispanic is conservative, they see themselves as independently successful. Their liberal counterparts see themselves as victims in need of government protection.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation. A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn’t like a talk show host, he switches channels. Liberals demand that those they don’t like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn’t go to church. A liberal wants any mention of God or religion silenced.

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it. A liberal demands that his neighbors pay for his.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing that with us.

And by thanks, i mean 'please don't ever share any badly written, unamusing, trying to be pithy, hackneyed, chain email crap like this again' with us.

ATS deserves better.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host or someones point of view, they send death threats.

If a conservative doesn't like a woman choosing to do what she wants with her body, they protest and threaten the doctors.

If a conservative doesn't like people with different sexual attractions than their own trying to get the same legal benefits as heterosexual married couples, they try to pass constitution amendments.

If a conservative is upset over everyone getting the same socialized benefits they enjoy, they protest.

If conservatives don't like science being taught instead of biblical myths, they protest or try to take over school boards to force their own beliefs onto the school children.

Conservatives upset that Christianity isn't being pushed during the Holiday season protest.

Seriously, conservatives are not known for letting people live the way they want to. The religious portion of the GOP constantly try to legislate their religious beliefs and force them upon everyone else.

I don't mean to say that the liberals don't due this, but the conservatives are hardly innocent.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

I know it most likely doesnt matter to you as it doesnt seem to matter to most people and even if you come back with "oh I know" you'll be out posting the same garbage again in 20 minutes but being a zealot with the urge to shape the world around as you see fit isnt a specifically conservative trait and by definition is actually very anti-conservative. There is nothing live and let live about being some churchy control freak. A control freak is a control freak whether they're doing it our of some biblical calling or because they saw some Al Gore movie that made them cry. There's no room for control freaks in true conservativism.

And the pairing of the two persists. Why? Because Pat Robertson once voted for a guy he labeled "conservative?" Or just because it's a convenient lightning rod for attack sort of like citing some 150 year old phrenology study that claims race to be inferior.

I'm all for gross generalizations for making cheap points and humor. When I have to step back and say "hey, wait a minute" is when I think the person using a generalization is serious. Like when you're hanging out with some people and a couple of ethnic or gender slanted jokes go through and there's that one guy who turns out to be a honest to goodness bigot and everyone is left sort of dumbfounded in awkward silence. I get that vibe from your post. that you honestly believe what you're saying and attribute it broadly.

EDIT

Oh, and I agree with the chainmail crap. Leave it in your trashbin where it belongs.

[edit on 23-10-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The labelling and pigeon holing everyone does not do any good.
I think this thread should have been made in the jokes section because I don't get your point at all to say the least.
I would get it if it were in the jokes section.

A liberal and a conservative are the same thing with different approaches.
Not sure the point you are trying to make other then labelling and finger pointing to the other side.
That in itself is an approach thats used by some.

Which side are you??
I don't really care to know looking at the op.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

It was only a bit of fun, i found it on a site if i new my way about the site better maybe i would have posted in the jokes section.

I am not on any side BTW.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The real difference between far-right nut-job conservatives, and the far-left liberal nut-jobs, as I see it, is.......

The far-right nut-jobs start threads like this.

top topics

join