It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Embedding video's.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Why can' I embed a video? I only get the text info. and then I have to just opt for posting the link only. Can someone please help me with this?

[edit on 23-10-2009 by catalyst2466]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Are you just entering the video number or the whole link into the box that pops up when you press "youtube video?"

You only need to enter the part of the link that is after v=.

for example, this link, h ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjA5faZF1A8

you would just enter the part of the link that is green.

[edit on 10/23/2009 by Kellter]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Kellter

Thanks for this I will try it. I was actually copying & pasting the embedded code; as this was the instructions that I read from a few outside posts.

Ok so I will check this out!

[edit on 23-10-2009 by catalyst2466]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Ya don't use the embed code from youtube. Use the
button when posting or replying and just enter the code after v=.

[edit on 10/23/2009 by Kellter]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Thanks got ya!

second liner for ats mod's

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
No! This does Not Work!! I tried & it is Bullocks!!!! Again somebody Pleeeeessse Heeelllp!!! something is amiss here! Please Almighty Respected Mod's and God's of Ats and "Technology" - I ask that you take heed in my much wanted Request & Desperation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Otherwise I will cast an almighty spell and turn you into worthless goblins & toads, so what will it be eh?????? Never underestimate the Power of Magic..................

[edit on 24-10-2009 by catalyst2466]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Looks Like I am Still Waiting.... ....tapping toe's and fingers.... Hmmn! Aahhh!! ... So looks like there will be many "mod's" cast into a spell of turning into frogs and toads. ...don't say I didn't warn ya!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Do you see the embedded video I posted above? I followed my steps exactly and the video is embedding. Make sure you are pressing the YOUTUBE button if you are inserting a youtube video.

My method works, see my post above with the embedded video.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Duhhh???? Ok I check this Out -otherwise you get turned into a fat Ugly Toad!!!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It's not going to work in preview. It only works after submitting the post. So if you're previewing the post, it will not work. Not sure if that's what you're doing but it is a problem. So enter the code EXACTLY as Kellter showed you. It doesn't get any simpler than how they explained it to you.

Then press submit. Do not preview.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Umm? All I am trying to do is to submit the video on my "Profile Page." This is really weird! If I press on the "Youtube vid"; I get such & such code of www. (whatever code etc; Now if I only copy the code after the (V=) Nothing Happens! There is no vid; pic. SO WTF!??????

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
God I wish that there was "Somebody" here in person that could Do the Job! Right now I have people around me who don't know "Jack @%*t! -when it comes to computers. My older Sister is studying her BA in Psych. ... Yet she does not know what the hell I'm talking about! Something is Not Adding Up here! and its probably to do with a :miscommunication- or if not a standard approach to technology that "actually" Leaves Out Info:

Many Frog's \will Be Croaking Tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Ok, I think we're getting somewhere. So you want the video embedded to your profile? If so, look at the picture below. put that code into the comments box replacing the word test with the code after v=

The video will then be embedded to your public profile. If this is what you are attempting to do it will work. I embedded a video on my public profile using this method and it worked. See for yourself.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d94f0f0a88e.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 10/24/2009 by Kellter]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Just to make sure we can get this sorted out for you today. Can you send me a pm with a link to the exact video you are trying to embed, then explain to me in as much detail as possible as to where exactly you want the video displayed?

This should make things quicker.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
NO! sorry but NO No No!!! Ok Lets try Again Shall We? Please try to embed the madona's song "Frozen" on my Profile page? I kiss your feet & worship you??? AHa! I also Just Got your last post (Delayed) - & so its rather ironic or should I say damm well intelligence working at lol & behold
at damm blooming last!!!! Yes so read post -it anwers my Questions as Well as your Questions etc; etc; My God the time is Getting On Yo???

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by catalyst2466

Be advised....

Although everybody has given you the correct information. There are some Youtube and Google videos that will not embed that ability has been disabled on their end.

Hopefully this isn't the case in your learning process.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Check your profile

Now fan me and feed me some grapes Lol

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Yah!!! Yip Yip YaaaaHHHHH!!! I'm SOOOOOOOOOO HaaaaaaaPYYYY!!!!!!!

Thank You So MUCH!!! ..but Now I am Jelous As To How You Did This??? Grrrrrrr!!!! Hisssss hisssss! Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!
surely there must be a simple way yo? the other stuff you said was _______ ?????? Well You Guessed it? Just fill in the Blank Yo!

mabey u2u something that makes sense yo?

GRAPES?????? You wil NOT GET Anything OF THE Sort WhatSo EVER???
-NOT UNTILL you Give Me The Proper Formular! ..& if you don't Do that You Get Cast INTO a Ugly TOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

1. click in the comments box at the bottom of your profile.
  2. type [yvid]
  3. copy all the text after v= in the youtube url. and paste this right after [yvid]
  4. type [/yvid ] without the space after the d, directly after the last letter/number of the youtube code.
  5. hit submit at the bottom of the comments box.
  6. Video embedded to profile.

Give it a go!

ps, I'm already an ugly toad

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
You Know What???? I've had a ... well.... More than a couple of Drink's or so???????? I Shall REVIEW this Tomorrow In "Fresh CLEAR Air and Sight!"

Thank You for Your " Brilliance!"
Need To shut eye here now, Thanks Again For All Of YOur Help. I am wrapped you posted the vid; on my profile page. Have you watched it? It's the Only Song of Madonna that I think is truly Beautiful! This song is very beautiful and magical, also a very Talented visual and written piece of work! -Cheers!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join