It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you think they say your eyes are like looking into ones soul?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
We all have our five senses like, but why are eyes so important, in judging people. We all look into anothers eyes and pick up things, but why do you guys think its a key to ones soul.

Or do you think that we only have 5 senses, and when people look into each others eyes, nothing is happening.

So what is it about people and there eyes, that are so important do you reckon.

So what do you people think it is about people and there eyes that we are not picking up with our five senses, that we are picking up in other ways. Why is eye to eye contact so important to people?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
It probably has something to do with our being so dependant upon our eyes. We use our eyes more than the other senses. Thats why eyes are such a good target in fights, pepper spray-aim for the eyes, sand- aim for the eyes. Also, it is the one place that is the most difficult (for me at least) to control. If you are smiling on the inside, your eyes show it. Even more so when you are angry. You can tell if a person is healthy by looking into eyes, its the most obvious feature of a person's face.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Eyes are a good indicator of what a person is like.

You can tell how honest a person is by whether or not they will look you in the eye during a conversation, or when you question them.

If a person is shifty with their gaze, chances are, they are a shifty person!

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
To begin with, we have 9 senses. Everyone is familiar the first five: sight, hearing, smelling, tasting, and touch. Our 6th sense is our sense of humor. The 7th is intuition, the 8th is telepathy, and our 9th is the ability to change the 'matrix'. Everyone has these 9 senses, although most are not aware of the additional 4 and if you've not practiced them, they may not be apparent.

"The eyes are the window to the soul" because they are very expressive and because people often lie. The eyes react differently when someone is lying and if you're looking into someone's eyes, they are less likely to lie to you. You can often tell when someone is lying by looking into their eyes. This is where this expression of "the eyes are the window to the soul" originates.

- Brad Watson, Miami, FL

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

WHen looking directly into someones eyes you can see their motives . If you speak to someone doing something they shouldnt be doing and they are nervous, they will have a hard time looking you directly in the eye out of fear of you exposing them seeing their soul for what it is.

When your making a major deal like buying a house or car usually people keep a consistent eye contact with the individual makiing the sale to make sure they arent being misled financially.

When a woman and man stare DEEPLY INTO EACH OTHERS eyes they are reconfirming a physical conneciton with a spiritual 1 by looking into their lovers eyes for the same compassion/soul connection their lover is looking for in theirs.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
It dosent make them a liar most of the time if they dont stare you into the eyes while talking.

I have a hard time looking into peoples eyes talking about anything. I usually stare at an object while talking

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I myself, feel the saying goes as the eyes indicate what one truly feels though they may not show it.

I have the ability to lie whilst staring into someone's eyes, but I have actually 2 people who can call my "bluff", which are my eyes. Something about them just gives it away.

However, my 2 friends, who shall remain disclosed, I have known for my entire life. That aids them in the process, I suppose.

Lieing, as I said, is not a problem for me, very easy. But, to my knowledge, the one true method to "see someone's soul" through their eyes, I think varies upon the relationship of the person.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Professional liars will lie to you looking on your eyes without problem.

Sometimes people shift their gaze because they are self-concious or because they simply don't care to hear you or show interest.

Eye contact is a very powerful tool that can indicate attention and status!

On the other hand, people not aware of their body language when lying, will reveal it to you: your subconcious will pick it up, you don't need to conciously know it through any body language book.

Usualy people scratch their noses when lying or put their hands in front of their mouths.

Context is everything. Not everything "IS" this or that.

I've heard that we have 20 (twenty) senses.

Eyes are perhaps the most important physical sense.

Maybe that's why they cover the eyes of those candidates that do the initiation ritual in Freemasonry.

Or why poker players use sun glasses on poker tournaments.

Also, seems that some diseases can be recognized just by looking at the eye by some "expert".

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I believe you can tell if someone even has a soul by looking in their eyes. Hate to say it but truth is when i look into my dads eyes, i see nothing. He is emotionless, but not in the hard ass way. He just has no life and lives his life as a soulless hermit with no friends, he is detached from the real world, it boggles my mind. I do not respect him nor do i fallow in his footsteps.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Yup a person's eyes, give them away.

[edit on 013131p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
probably has to do with communication via the eyes existed long before spoken language. before we started talking to each other, all we had was body language and eye contact...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Long time lurker, first time poster, hi everyone.

Looking into someones eyes can tell you a lot about someone. You can tell if someone is lying, truthful, kind, hateful, confident or weak.

If you know what to look for the eyes can tell you everything about that person without them even speaking. In a sense, it is like looking into their soul.

There is a reason poker players wear sunglasses at the table and its not because they are making a fashion statement.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I usually don't make long eye contact with anyone (>5 sec at a time) during a conversation because it could be considered intrusive if you're good at reading from the eyes.

It was suggested, I don't remember where I first read it, that although we have this one energy form penetrating our eyeball and making itself into signals the brain can handle, there are signals the brain is sending out through the eye. Interesting concept.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I once learned how to lie with the help of intent and looking in another person's eyes. And, apparently, from my experience, not blinking, or blinking a certain amount of times, with an unwavering stare into someones eyes, can almost entrance them.

Interesting, but uh, I don't like to lie, I'm not really pressed to do it. So, I leave it as a defense measure.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
The eyes and the mouth are the most flexible and changable parts of the face, and what we do with them is connected to our feelings and emotions. Since we all have this, everyone "learns" (or perhaps is born with) the capacity to read emotion and character from looking in the eyes and (to a lesser degree) the mouth. "mouth-reading" is like a hacksaw; "eye-reading" is like a scalpel, in terms of detecting a person's inner state.

Babies are born with the ability to recognize human faces as being fundamentally different from other objects. If you show an infant a card with a series of random dots and lines on it, versus a card with a simple smiley face on it, the baby will hone in on the smiley face automatically. This is something we don't have to be taught how to do. Its neurologically hardwired into us. This is why infants and mothers/fathers spend a lot of time staring into each others' eyes...its part of the bonding process.

top topics

join