It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Explosion Rocks Puerto Rico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
news.aol.com...

CATANO, Puerto Rico (Oct. 22) - An explosion at a Gulf gasoline facility Friday rocked a neighborhood outside Puerto Rico's capital, causing minor injuries and forcing evacuations as firefighters raced to prevent additional blasts. Several columns of black smoke and flames were rising from the Caribbean Petroleum Corp., a gasoline warehouse and distribution center on San Juan's bay that owns the Gulf brand in this U.S. Caribbean territory.

This is not the first time this has happened at a US gasoline facility. I hope the ATF and the FBI check this out ...

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Have you ever been to one of these refineries?

Some of them are really old. Some of these oil companies spend money on maintaining them, but the don't always replace some of the things that are very old.

My husband has worked at a lot of these places, maintaining some of the areas in them.

After what he has told me about some of these places, I am honestly surprised that explosions don't happen more often.

Remember, oil companies are in business to make money. I think they will go the cheapest route possible to refine the stuff, to squeeze out, yet more money!

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I wonder how much of Puerto Rico is supplied by this facility?

Gulf name brand didn't seem dominant as i remember from
my visits there, but this may supply a lot of independents.

At any rate this is likely to cause shortages on the island...an higher
prices there.

Even 5 or 10 % shortages are likely to drive prices through the roof...

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
WOW....Thought I felt some shaking earlier, lol. I didn't hear anything about this and I am on the island. But then again, I only listen to the military radio station, the only English broadcast in my area.
I'll have to check into this and see if I can find out any info from friends. Maybe, we'll hear a different version from the people vs the MSM. I'll check back in later and give any updates I can find.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by UMayBRite!

Your right, Gulf isn't that popular. But this doesn't mean they will spin this and raise prices. The largest 2 are Shell and Texaco. But, they have a surprisingly large number of independent stations here.

new topics

top topics

join