It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7,000 unemployed Americans lose their lifeline every day

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by dreamseeker

I wrote a thread on what I could do for our country,the responses were
somewhat brutal.I forgot that you have to separate church from state.
I don't know what we can do without being labeled homegrown terrorists
for even trying to do something.
I am open to any and all suggestions on what can we do.

If there was enough people pherhaps at least 10 million or so we could all stop paying bills and taxes so our point is made.
I write my congressperson yet get a standard reply. I suggest we keep voicing our opinions until enough people wake up to stand up and say NO!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It's all about power and greed. Those in power should be ashamed. To live in a world where people are less important than money is frightening. We are stressed to the max, frustrated and angry.

My husband is on disability and I have no more income. We can't get help from anywhere because we have money in the bank. If it wasn't for my case being won when I was hit by a minivan, we wouldn't have that. Thing is, we need that money to live on. So far I am able to keep my internet. We have no televison reception and no cable. I get my news from here as well as other things. As for health insurance, right now the payments are fine but we will be paying excessive amounts when our cobra runs out. We have pre- existing conditions. He is diabetic and has other health issues. So good luck to us.

Hugs to everyone!!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

That is what my husband's insurance was after he was laid off ,cobra.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I almost worked as a health insurance salesman over the summer but I just didn't feel right about it. Especially when they were showing me how some families were paying over 1500 a month on insurance, that is ludicrous! There are so many rules and clauses that basically screw over the customer if something happens to you.

As for the electricity costs? What states do you guys live in? I'm in Connecticut and its not that bad, we pay under $100 a month and have 4 people living here.

My parents have a much bigger house than this one and they pay about $120 a month. You either have a very high price per kilowatt hour or some appliance is really sucking the juice out of your lines

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LOLZebra

I live in Missouri. I know that because I rent applicances are not replaced unless the break down. Most of my appliances are at least 10 years old. That maybe why my utlities run high.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join