It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Higgs Boson discovered at LHC...... or not

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b22877470f22.jpg[/atsimg]

I hope the topic has your attention! There's a reason why I used that, and that is the very point of this thread!

The LHC has been developed to discover the very first particles in existence after the big bang, however after numerous amounts of failures, breakdowns, theories on 'future tampering of present time', to alien interference, people are wondering where their precious $$ have gone.

Well lets put this theory out there.....perhaps its all baloney.

The breakdowns that is.

Ever considered that it could just be a cover story for whatever reason? Perhaps the procedure has been successful, the "Higgs Boson" particle discovered, and they just want to keep the information secret...for now.

I never believe anything for face value when in comes to world changing news worthy stories, there is ALWAYS something going on underneath.

Your input on this theory would be greatly appreciated!

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I have wondered the same, actually. How odd lol

My thought as to why they would cover it up, is because they failed to find the HG

That'd throw a few theories out the window for sure hehe

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Wow how interesting, never thought of that actually but yeah, that's definitely a possibility and a definite good reason for why they're saying it keeps breaking down!!

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

Holey moley. It's another thing that I already said.

It's like... I matter.

Of COURSE the dang thing did what it was supposed to do!

Honestly. Who in their right mind is going to say, "Oh, well, we think you puny little humans, even though we are humans, too, are destroying this planet with your farts and cigarette butts. Oh, but, um, the massive amount of taxes that you pay when you buy your filthy cigarettes help to provide us with mucho dinero para mi be able to create galactic boom! Mwahahah!"

(Bongos in the background to a tribal beat) Mad science! ... Mad science! ...

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
i guess anythings possible, but remember there are over 7000 scientists working there.

it would be hard for all of them to stay that tight lipped about it .

more than 7,000 scientists working on the Large Hadron Collider

sguforums.com...

also, the amount of precision technology involved is massive. The slightest thing wrong could cause huge problems. even if a part is made 0.002mm wrong, it could be game over again for months.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

You know what I don't understand about the Hadron Collider? If they are trying to recreate the 'God Particle' , the thing that set off all of the universe to begin with, how is it possible to recreate it and not set off the same reaction? I mean, I would think that if we already know the answer to that, we wouldn't be doing the expirement to start with!

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I think they are trying to create the particles that occured 'after' the big bang, not any elements prior, so yeah the 'God Particle' name to it is deceptive on its own.

I also agree that yes. 7000 scientists keep tight lipped would be hard, but I'm sure not all 7000 scientists are involved to such an extent.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Removed double post

[edit on 23/10/2009 by Im a Marty]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
First of all €, GBP, SFR and DKR, not $

And thats exactly the problem with keeping it secret: Every EU country and one none EU country, where the thing happens to stand (Switzerland) would have to keep in line. 2 men can keep a secret, if one of them is dead.
Not to mentiton that the "easiest" way to get a good salary as a scientist is to punch holes into established theories.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I think you've misunderstood the nature of the investigation, and of the Higgs boson itself.

All the LHC is going to do - at best - is take our understanding of the Universe back to some fraction of a second after the big bang. I think they're saying a trillionth of a second, but whatever. The Higgs boson isn't the very first particle ever. It's just the one that theory predicts for this particular time. Go back a bit more, and you'll find other particles.

There isn't likely much of a conspiracy abut these particles. We haven't had the ability to investigate particles of this energy until recently. In fact, we have yet to accomplish this feat, since we haven't been able to run the LHC at full power yet.

All that is likely to happen is that we'll peel back one more layer of the onion, leaving endless other layers to still peel back, one after another. Maybe there's no end to the layers. But there's nothing to suggest that we're at the end of the layers, that this last one will reveal - well, whatever it's supposed to reveal.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
well I really do not think they already discovered Higgs Boson or God Particle, the one that gives mass to the other particles ... because I think they NEVER will discover it because it simply does not exist ... that's of course my personnal idea about it. It is too easy to always invent new particles when you cannot explain something : you also have the graviton for example ..... Maybe I could agree with a Higgs Energy Field that can influence energetic particles and give them kinetic energy and therefore mass ... but in the end I think mass is only a result of kinetic force.
They say that photons or electromagnetic energy waves do not have mass, but they have a enormous kinetic energy that can throw electrons out of atoms .... I cannot explain it either, ..... anyway I think nobody yet can explain all that stuff ...
What I think is also that you only can speak about MATTER when particles with mass clue together to form atoms and molecules, a particle on itself is not MATTER, just mass.
When you put your feet on the ground do you really think that the electrons of your feet do touch the electrons of the ground ??? electrons do not touch each other, not in the way a photon can wip away a electron ... it is all a question of energy FIELDS : the ones of the atoms of the ground do support/repulse the ones of the atoms of your feet and support your mass like a magnet repulses another magnet ......
anyway the LHC must exist and discover all possible things, but colliding particles are loosing all their inherent qualities so... it's like studying human anatomy by colliding 2 planes with people in it at 1000 miles/hour and look for the pieces left ......

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
i was just thinking about this last night;
i was thinking maybe they used the LHC to accellerate a particle faster than the speed of light and turned it into energy;
or maybe they opened up another dimension or a different time

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DjSharperimage

that is impossible to do, they never could make that happen, nothing can go faster than light, but they get very near that speed !

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I dont feel CERN has found the first partical because, if they did we would be seeing the physical effects that would occure if they found such a partical as what they say started the big bang, they may have found some demonic/DARK ALCHEMY STRANGLET PARTICAL THAT WILL DO BAD TO HUMANS FOR DENYIN THE CREATOR OF THE "HEAVENS AND THE EARTH".
SMH-PAY ATTENTION GOD CREATED THE MULTIPLE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH HEAVEN = SPACE THE CREATOR DOES NOT EXIST IN THIS UNIVERS HE IS OUTSIDE IT SO HOW CAN CERN FIND A PARTICAL CREATED OUTSIDE THE UNIVERS AND ACTUALLY STORE SOMEWHERE SAFE. THey cannot they got a mean lil STRANGLET THAT HAS FOOLED THEM.

[edit on 10/23/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
All the LHC is going to do - at best - is take our understanding of the Universe back to some fraction of a second after the big bang. I think they're saying a trillionth of a second, but whatever. The Higgs boson isn't the very first particle ever. It's just the one that theory predicts for this particular time. Go back a bit more, and you'll find other particles.

To further improve your description, time scale has nothing to do with the nature of the investigation. If the Higgs hypothesis is correct, we are immersed in a "soup" of virtual Higgs particles (just like every electric charge can be thought of as surrounded by virtual photons), which leads to separation of single electro-weak force into distinct components. These components are perceived by us as electricity (which we use to operate things like computers) and weak interaction which is responsible for much of radioactivity (which in turn is conversion of one weakly interacting particle into another).

The quest for Higgs particle has been heavily sensationalized and essentially distorted in public media, which is a bit sad.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Perhaps the scientists have been looking at the Higgs-Boson problem so closely that they can't see the forest for the trees so to speak?

I'm wondering if they're doing the large-scale equivalent of running a microwave oven with nothing in it and waiting for the particles to collide in such a way as to miraculously produce a cooked dinner, when they need to put the dinner in the microwave in the first place and then bombard it

anyone got any reciepes for super-heavy elements?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taikonaut
Perhaps the scientists have been looking at the Higgs-Boson problem so closely that they can't see the forest for the trees so to speak?

I'm wondering if they're doing the large-scale equivalent of running a microwave oven with nothing in it and waiting for the particles to collide in such a way as to miraculously produce a cooked dinner, when they need to put the dinner in the microwave in the first place and then bombard it

anyone got any reciepes for super-heavy elements?

What the heck are you talking about? What "super-heavy elements" and why are they needed at LHC?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
What the heck are you talking about?

I sometimes ask myself the same question

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taikonaut

Originally posted by buddhasystem
What the heck are you talking about?

I sometimes ask myself the same question

Great, it's just that it's better to ask yourself this question BEFORE and not AFTER you post,

peace,

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Sunlionspirit

A massless object cannot have kinetic energy, as a mass is required to get kinetic energy in the first place.

Also, for brevity, the "God Particle" name was coined by the media and Scientists don't like to use the term as it gives too much importance to it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join