Guantanamo Bay torture playlist.....What's your songlist suggestion?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Didn't Ronnie Reagan do a curt little number in his smash film "Bedtime for Bonzo"? maybe thats in the same ball-park?

[edit on 10/23/2009 by KRISKALI777]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

Could be, I was thinking of gruff scratchy and most importantly free license. While I don't particularly agree with using music as torture tools. I definitely don't agree with using copyrighted material against the artists will.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
two words... celine F%%ing dion!!

"UGLY BOB, but you told me your name was handsome bob!!"

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

What are the musicians actually angry about?
That their music can be manipulated to become a tool of torture?
or the fact they probably weren't paid a royalty?
Maybe the U.S Gov. will argue that anything created in the U.S is 'intellectual property'? Probably!

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
My apologies in advance to those reading this thread but I have no choice. 24 hours of this would certainly make my brain explode.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Anything by Yoko Ono

William Hung's version of She Bangs would make me want to stab out my ear drums with a blunt stick

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Ahhh yes! The Captain and Teneil (sic-who cares)?
You know I remember seeing them on T.V when I was a kid, and hated them then!
That boring crap. That dude in the 'sailors' outfit- very camp. kind of like a 70's 'Everything but the girl'. Sickening.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Imagine for a second that the aspect of video were employed also; as per 'A clockwork Orange'?
I have never seen anything more cheesy and pathetic than this: (what the hell are we trying to be convinced of?).

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Here is some more useful info; steering a little more on topic:

Music in psychological operations is the use of music by military or police forces. The term music torture is sometimes used by critics of the practice of playing loud music incessantly to prisoners, or those being interrogated. The UN and the European Court of Human Rights have banned the use of loud music in interrogations, but it is still being widely used. Though the term "torture" is used, the playing of music to prisoners has never been judged to meet the legal definition of torture[citation needed] as stated within the United States Code.[1] While the practice is viewed as causing discomfort, it has also been characterized by American experts in interrogation as causing no "long term effects."[2] The qualification "long term effects" as requisite of the definition of torture is, contrary to what has been suggested, neither part of the U.S. penal code, nor part of the U.N. Convention Against Torture and therefore not a reason to dismiss allegations of torture.

Intersting!! As we have established, this can definately be seen as torture....
And some more.

Instances of use * It is currently being used by the United States 361st Psychological Operations Company, a unit dedicated to discovering new ways in which to interrogate effectively.[2]
* A BBC News report claimed that music by band Metallica, and from children's TV programs Barney and Sesame Street, was being used to cause sleep deprivation and culturally offend the prisoners.[3][4][2]
* According to Sergeant Mark Hadsell: "These people haven't heard heavy metal. They can't take it. If you play it for 24 hours, your brain and body functions start to slide, your train of thought slows down and your will is broken. That's when we come in and talk to them."[2]

[edit] Other instances
* Bombardment with loud music has been known to have been used in other occasions Manuel Noriega "When the United States invaded Panama in December 1989, Noriega took refuge in the Holy See’s embassy which was immediately surrounded by U.S. troops. After being continually bombarded by hard rock music and “The Howard Stern Show” for several days, Noriega surrendered on Jan. 3, 1990.[5][6]"
Guantanamo
According to the FBI[7][8]: "W[itness] observed sleep deprivation interviews w/strobe lights and loud music. Interrogator said it would take 4 days to break someone doing an interrogation 16 hrs w/lights and music on and 4 hrs off. Handwritten note next to typed synopsis says "ok under DoD policy". "Rumors that interrogator bragged about doing lap dance on d[etainee], another about making d[etainee] listen to satanic black metal music for hours then dressing as a Priest and baptizing d[etainee] to save him - handwritten note says 'yes'." "W[itness] saw d[etainee] in interview room sitting on floor w/Israeli flag draped around him, loud music and strobe lights. W suspects this practice is used by DOD DHS based on who he saw in the hallway." The Washington Post, quoting a leaked Red Cross report, wrote:
[9]"The physical tactics noted by the Red Cross included placing detainees in extremely cold rooms with loud music blaring, and forcing them to kneel for long periods of time, the source familiar with the report said."
Iraq
According to Amnesty International[10]: "Detainees have reported being routinely subjected to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment during arrest and detention. Many have told Amnesty International that they were tortured and ill-treated by US and UK troops during interrogation. Methods often reported include prolonged sleep deprivation; beatings; prolonged restraint in painful positions, sometimes combined with exposure to loud music; prolonged hooding; and exposure to bright lights. Virtually none of the allegations of torture or ill-treatment has been adequately investigated by the authorities."
Israel
On January 12, 1998 the Supreme Court of Israel declined to ban the use of loud music as an interrogation technique.[11]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
How about;

"Have a nice day" by the Stereophonics!

I would rather cover myself,from head to toe,in my own excrement,than listen to that song!

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

“Guantanamo is known around the world as one of the places where human beings have been tortured,” Morello said in a statement released by the campaign, charging that some inmates had been subjected to loud music for 72 hours in a row.

“Guantanamo may be Dick Cheney’s idea of America, but it’s not mine,” he added. “The fact that music I helped create was used in crimes against humanity sickens me — we need to end torture and close Guantanamo now.”

blogs.reuters.com...

To be realistic, if the government did pay them royalties they probably wouldn't complain. But they have been cut out AND they use this music for the expressed reason of keeping people awake for days on end and torture.

Don't get me wrong, music can be used as an effective means to painlessly make someone surrender. I once used badly sung grateful dead songs in the back of a police car to infuriate a state patrolman enough to screw up on the paperwork thus enabling me to get off on a technicality. It does work. But the way these people use it is beyond the scope of what the artist had in mind when they wrote those songs.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
well if i heard this song for 24 hours straight i would do my self in with my own leg by ripping it off and smashing myself in the head with it.

www.youtube.com...

be warned its guru josh - infinity

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Counting Bodies Like Sheep by A Perfect Circle.

There are many others, but this is my 2-cents.

EDIT: to add the interpretation of the lyrics:

here the lyrics are given a political meaning. it is about how george bush would like to get the people of america to stay out of any political business and to let him act like he pleases since he cannot defend or justify his actions anyway - because they are firstly simply not right and therefore unjustifiable and secondly because mr bush's ability to express himself is more than clumsy.

mr bush is the father singing to his son, the people of amrica. "step away from the window/go back to sleep" means don't look at what is going on outside. it is not your concern. mind your own business and go back to sleep. sleep is here seen as a state of unawareness.

the government declares this attitude to be right and necesarry to protect the people of their enemies, trheir demons and of the voice of reason, the voice that tells the truth about mr bush's highly questionable decisions.

Source: www.songmeanings.net...

[edit on 23-10-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

If you hear the Beatles Number 9 over and over and over again you would crack. The frank truth is, it doesn't matter what the song is. Combine repetition with sleep deprivation and you can persuade anyone to do whatever you want.

Music is not meant to be an instrument of torture. Torture does not belong in United States POW camps. Period!

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Just let pop radio play non stop. In no time they will be assimilated perfectly, they will be wearing american eagle, watching the hills, twittering/facebooking.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Never forget......I certainly can't.

But to be fair playing cat stevens, might have been a sardonic twist (no offense intended to the fans).

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
You sick people might as well just rick roll gitmo detainees.

A playlist of torture? Are you people out of your minds?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Reply to post by KRISKALI777

"Who let the Dogs out"

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Imagine the torture of old Mormon Tabernackle Choir CDs played thru a cheap amplifier with the distortion knob set just right for the job!
That would convert them to Christianity too...a two-fer

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

You can be ill, But atleast in America you have the right to be ill and post crap like this. Playing loud music over and over is not torture, would you prefer if we but this guys up at the hilton? Waldorf-Astora? Or perhaps your home? That way you can make sure that they are taking care of..

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join