It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guantanamo Bay torture playlist.....What's your songlist suggestion?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Guantanamo Bay; we are all very familiar with (unless you've been living on Pluto).
There have been scores of reports dealing with the 'indescretions' committed by the U.S. in the name of 'Terror'.
I came across another that may interest some of you!!!???
This deals with the psychological weaponry (if this thread should be in Weaponry I apologise!); under the guise of annoying songs played in repertition to the inmates of said installation.
This is a technique that seems to have been honed for a long time; I remember seeing the documentary 'WACO: the terms of engagement' years ago- which shows this technique employed to unravel the branch davidians, as used by the ATF.
However, the sounds of rabbits in distress and other interesting sounds were employed also- supplied through giant loudspeakers around the clock.
How did the actual aggressors handle it?
Apparently, songs such as the Seseme St. Theme etc were used as ammo!

I once saw a university student taking part in an experiement to see how long he could handle Starships: WE Built This City; at deafening volume.I think he lasted about 24HRS non-stop! Poor fellow!
Please see the article at the link provided.

LET US KNOW WHAT SONG IRRITATES THE HELL OUT OF YOU, AND WHY.
Maybe some 'artists' are using these annoying psychological hooks to simply sell records? E.G:Ting Tings: thats not my name, Kelis:Milkshake etc......why would anyone release this crap? Or governement agencies commission this for psychological warfare?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Barbie Girl - Aqua

Achy Breaky Heart - Billy Ray Cyrus'

...and that stupid crazy frog. NNIIIINNNG NN NN NNNIIIIINNNNNGGGGG!!!! - I could barely handle that for 10 minutes, I just tried it.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
My choice would by Cheeky Girls - Touch my Bum

The ultimate weapon of torture!

Here you go you cheeky terrorists

...one two three go

Wow, only hearing this once is worse than waterboarding.

[edit on 23-10-2009 by Clairaudience]

[edit on 23-10-2009 by Clairaudience]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GobbledokTChipeater

Actually you've reminded me that 'Achy breaky heart' was one of the 'songs' played by the ATF at WACO.
You should be employed as a 'selector'.LOL

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Any Celine Dion song would do it for me.
No offences to fans.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by RocKukko

Thats O.K, no hard feelings; what about anything by Stephen Morrisey????

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
How about:
Man In The Box, Alice In Chains

Frankenstien, Edgar Winter Group

Black Dog, Led Zepplin

AC/DC, pretty much any song

From the Window to the Wall, by whoever sings it

and last but not least, Smack my Bi*tch up

edit to add: and that ultimate stupid country song out, sings about his big green tractor, gooin to the pasture........

[edit on 23-10-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Alice In Chains, LED ZEP???? really.......how about anything by Lynard Skynard??

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by GobbledokTChipeater

You beat me too it. I was gonna say anything country should work. But those songs will do. Maybe that one song "99 bottles of Beer"

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I'd rate Surfin' Bird by The Trashmen. Listen to it thrice in a row and you'll start feeling off already

Otherwise, The Hampster Dance is just as damaging as thet.... that... *shudder*.... Crazy frog item.....

I'd reckon and really cheesy short-lived-fad song would do the trick...

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Performers angry their music used in Guantanamo interrogations

Interrogators at the U.S. prison at Guantanamo Bay liked to blast rock ‘n’ roll music at inmates to try to induce them to talk.

Now some of the folks that made that rock ‘n’ roll music are blasting back.

Trent Reznor, Tom Morello, Jackson Browne, T-Bone Burnett, Rosanne Cash, Bonnie Raitt, R.E.M., Pearl Jam and other musicians have joined the National Campaign to Close Guantanamo.

The newly formed campaign, led by retired Lieutenant General Robert Gard and retired Brigadier General John Johns among others, is increasing pressure on the Obama administration to move ahead with the president’s pledge to close the prison.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

source: blogs.reuters.com...

Well the artists are more angry than if someone stole their songs off the internet about this.

[edit on 10/23/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
South Park - What Would Brian Boitano Do

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
-Chicken Noodle Soup/ Artist(dont know but that songs irritating).
-Girls just Wanna Have Fun.

Those two songs will drive anyone off a cliff.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

“To completely rule out enhanced interrogation in the future, in favor of half-measures, is unwise in the extreme,” Cheney said. “In the fight against terrorism, there is no middle ground, and half-measures keep you half exposed.”

en.wikipedia.org...
According to the definition of the word which is so now overused it makes me ill, Gitmo itself, and the activities therein, are an act of terrorism.
Anyone who supports those actions, is themselves a terrorist and should be tried and convicted of war crimes and crimes against humanity- FOR STARTERS.
If a revolt ever comes to pass, there will be few politicians that don't feel the wrath of the people and a hell so intense they will wish for a vacation at Guantanamo Bay.
As for offering up a playlist...I find that a twisted thought, and would never even offer that up openly on the internet.
As in tune to music as my life is (no pun intended), ANYONE could be reading or profiling on this site. I'll not give them ammo to use.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

It is wrong, especially to use artists music without permission for the sole purpose of torture. The military has used rock music for this purpose before, it's always been wrong and it has no purpose but to torture people.

Besides I don't believe the artist who wrote and preformed the music had torture in mind when they made it.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
WoW what a thread, I'll have a go at this

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I know it would irritate me to hear over and over again, those kids from that elementary school singing

Mmmmm mmmm mmmmm
Barack Hussein Obama.......etc. etc. etc.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Well, its been going on before the war on terror! If you re-read the OP; I give an example.
As for feeling offended; I think you are barking up the wrong tree- it was not intended to supplement the Guantanamo playlist or be an add-on; it was simply to imply that some record companies may be employing annoyance to sell records (as strange as that may seem, some people even like to watch the news!).
It was in reference to the man in the booth with the Starship single;as posted in the OP.
Put your claws away; I apologise that I must erroneously point this out! Its good to stand against the wrongs of this world, yet i think you are aiming your retort at the wrong individuals.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

I wasn't attacking you..only the thought of conjuring up a playlist.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

If they wanted to torture people with music, they should have had Dick Cheney singing old 30s songs.
You know stuff that isn't under copyright laws?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join